MaDawg's Mad at Me
    Madawgs out and about. She sends me this message:
    Talking to one of the guys here and he has never ever heard of Depeche Mode,
    he was born 1985.
    Do you believe that? Then he asks me if I have ever heard of Biggie or
    Tupac?
    I feel old!
    My reply:
    Don't worry about the youngsters making you feel old.
    Just sit somewhere, have a tea, listen to Senile 650 (oldies station) and try not to fart.
    I can't post her response.
    Also if you see her coming, could you let me know.
    Lastly, if I don't post for a while, could you put my face on a milk carton?
    Thanks
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I thought it was a great crack but then I'm one of the resident smartasses around here. I suspect that Ma can give as good as she gets.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Back in the doghouse again, it must be a real familiar place.

ABW Ambassador
    I've heard of tupac, but biggie and depeche mode - don't have a clue.

Born way before 1985. There are decades where I worked way to hard and lost all touch with pop culture.

Lily

Soooo...where's the funeral going to be at?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I thought your advice was right on Pop. But I'll keep checking on the milk cartons for further word!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

http and a telephoto
    Maybe the fart comment is what put her over the edge... where's Poopie? He'll console her....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Depeche Mode who?
    Take my advise and be wary of cast-iron skillets.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    depeche mode...is that a marketing tactic??
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Think it's some kind of desert - like apple pie ala mode..?

Reminds me of the time that I had to convince my little sister that Steve Winwood already was one of the biggest rock stars in the world long before his slew of hits in the early 80's. Yep, and reminds me of how old I am. On one of the guitar forums that I frequent some kid recently posted a rave about Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac, with a post title of "Anybody ever heard of these guys?"
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlineshoes MGR
    Depeche Mode who?
    Take my advise and be wary of cast-iron skillets.
    By the way, if you ever want to be really in the dog house just change the words to I Just Can't Get Enough to "Everytime I see you I pass out on the floor." I did that to my best friend Symp who took only a minute of having to hear that before she started
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL Popdawg, you won't even be able to say that stuff and get away with it when she turns 80 years old! And you may be killed before then, if you keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    I've heard of tupac, but biggie and depeche mode - don't have a clue.

Born way before 1985. There are decades where I worked way to hard and lost all touch with pop culture.

Lily
    Biggie = Biggie Smalls, aka
    The Notorious B.I.G.

Another rapper, from the 90s. Ended up shot to death, but I forgot the story behind that.

Brings back memories...of empl*yment! *shudder* For a while I was actually stuck in a factory where THAT was going on all night! B.I.G. wasn't all that bad, for rap, but the station played all the others that were current then, too, and they positively sucked. I haven't listened to any since the day I walked out of there.

I've heard of depeche mode, but I have no idea what they sound like or even what genre they're in.

There are decades where I worked way to hard and lost all touch with pop culture.
    No loss there. Everything I've heard on the radio ends up reinforcing my opinion that the musical part of it generally sounds like crud. And the popular TV shows are usually (if not always) vacuous.

ABW Ambassador
    C'mon Leader sing it "I like it when they call me Big Poppa"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL Trust I sure didn't memorize the words to any of that stuff!

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I think that message sent to MaDawg is hilarious - but then again I'm not MaDawg. I do know that when my EX-husband made a remark about the width of my derriere shortly after I'd presented him with child I did not particularly appreciate it. To put it mildly.

It could well be the fart part that pushed her over the edge. I remember a punch line to a joke that goes "If the foo shits, wear it," but that's only the punch line. I can't remember the joke. Play on words to be sure (read: if the shoe fits), but I think considering poor Pa's circumstances we do need Poopie to straighten this all out.

My cousin sent me a note today about a guy who approached his wife of many years and said: "In the beginning we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, a crappy ol' sofa bed and a 10" B/W TV, but I got to go to bed with a hot 25 year old babe every night. Now we have a nice house, a decent car, a comfortable bed and a plasma TV, but I have to sleep with a 50 year old woman. My dear, I don't think you're holding up your end of the bargain!"
    The wife, who was a reasonable and fair woman said: "Dear, I just want you to be happy. Go find yourself a hot 25 year old Babe to sleep with. Make sure she's the one you want and I'll make sure you get the cheap apartment, a cheap car, a crappy sofa bed and a 10" TV."

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Wrong thing to say at the wrong time
    Pop - by now you've either gotten the roller in the head, or ma has cooled down. Reminds me of a very uncomfortable mess I got into one night at a nice restaurant in Denver.

The hostess had come by our table a few times seating others and each time she went by I noted the maternity top she was wearing. It fit ok but we guessed that she was getting close to term.

After we had finished dinner and were having a night cap, being a dad myself and appreciating the joy that comes with having children, I just had to ask. I motioned to her and she came to our table. Looking at her with a congratulatory smile on my face - asked: "So when are you due?"

She looked at me and replied: "excuse me?" Not being real quick on the uptake, I then made my question more clear: "when is your baby due for delivery?"

Again she looked at me, but this time she was noticeably irritated. "I'm not pregnant!!" she barked and then said: "thanks for being so rude!"

I shrank to a size smaller than Tatoo as my face turned 20 shades of pink, to maroon!! lol.

As we left, I tried to explain that I honestly thought she was pregnant and that I would never make a rude remark to someone about their weight, but our dinner guests, who were containing their laughter at my dilema convinced me to let it go. I did not go back to that restaurant for nearly 8 months, and by then (thankfully) she was no longer there.

The moral here could be: "disappear for 8 months and when you get back Ma will have forgotten about the fart comment??"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Oh, Alan - you have to remember the rule of thumb for that type of comment.

NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant unless there is actually a baby coming out of her at that moment. Trust me; it is the only way to play it safe.

As for the rest of the conversation, I feel old every day. I'm 36, but I work in an advertising agency where they median age is about 24. They all make me feel old.

I do know who Depeche Mode, Biggie, and Tupac are, so I guess I'm hanging in there. But all of those are people who were around 10-20 years ago, so I guess that's not saying much.

Chris Rock does a hilarious routine about Biggie and Tupac where he talks about how everyone always says that Biggie and Tupac were assassinated.
    "Biggie got assassinated, Tupac got assassinated" "Them two guys didn't get assassinated". "JFK got assassinated, Martin Luther King got assassinated" "Them two guys got shot!".

Sheri

yeah Madawg is cooled down. She didn't come at me with a roller, she did mention something about shoving a cane up my keister but luckily she forgot where she put it.
    Looks like I am safe now
    Alan, I was with my Mom and Dad in church when I was younger and my mom did that exact same thing. We sat in the back and were sooooo out of there when the sermon was over. I learned THAT lesson early
    Stopped learning soon after apparently.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    yeah Madawg is cooled down. She didn't come at me with a roller, she did mention something about shoving a cane up my keister but luckily she forgot where she put it.
    <helpful>
    Maybe it's still in your keister from the last time you got doghoused?
    </helpful>

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    Chris Rock does a hilarious routine about Biggie and Tupac where he talks about how everyone always says that Biggie and Tupac were assassinated.
    "Biggie got assassinated, Tupac got assassinated" "Them two guys didn't get assassinated". "JFK got assassinated, Martin Luther King got assassinated" "Them two guys got shot!".

Sheri
    <offtopic but it's Sheri's fault!>

I LOVE that routine, and the way he looks when he says it.....

</end off topic>
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

That explains a GREAT deal. I've been wondering why my posture has been so stellar lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    <helpful>
    Maybe it's still in your keister from the last time you got doghoused?
    </helpful>

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread