What if your dear advertiser do not answer your emails?
    Hi,

I promote two different nice advertisers for months, they manage his affiliate programs in a great way as they are very fair and pay great commissions.

But I have a common problem with these two different advertisers: they simply don't reply my mails and messages.

One of them are the company owner and as the company is very big, probably he is very busy - not sure about the another one.

I sent mails and messages using CJ interface about 3 weeks ago and resend it again 1 week ago adding something like that on the subject:

RE:**Hey mr John XXX please answer my mail ...

but until now no reply.

What should I do? There is a issue regarding our affiliation relation that I need to discuss but he don't reply my mails.

I'm doing about $1500/mo in commission for each one - is not big a deal but I deserve at least some minutes of attention.

I'm thinking in call the support company phone again and again until someone there let me talk with him, but I think that this would be rude.

Any idea on how to solve this?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    My first attempt is usually to go to the website and contact someone other than the AM with

"I've sent the attached emails to the AM I have on file, but I've never rec'd a response.

So I assume he's left the company.

Can you tell me how to contact the current AM?"

You get their attention - and a dig in - at the same time

Successful subject lines I've used in this circumstance:

"Is there anybody there?"

"Planet Earth to merchant"

"It's ok - I'm joining another merchant soon anyhow"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    "Planet Earth to merchant"

"It's ok - I'm joining another merchant soon anyhow"

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would call them.
    Sometimes emails would get caught in SPAM filters...

I had an affiliate contact me and I did not get it but I got their second email - which i replied promptly. So give them a call to see what's up. Thus, you are making good $$ with them, don't reinvent the wheel if you have optimized that site/program.

cheers,

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I like both Billy and Eric's approach. I'd email with one of Billy's suggested headings. Then if you don't hear anything, call them.

Good Luck
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I contact the president of the company. Works wonders.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi guys thanks for the answers!

They helped a much - I will try Billy and Eric's approach and see what happens!

If I get no success I'll try to call the president as 7-Days suggested and if still no success I will send Paul's message

Best Regards!

ABW Ambassador
    This is really something all merchants should get right and is my number 1 complaint that will make me never have anything to do with that merchant ever again. It can be one of the most annoying things from my experience and I would suggest finding another merchant to replace them since they can't get the most basic things right.

I sent about 5 emails to a merchant recently over a period of time and not once did they reply back, The least the could have done was just say we can't help or whatever.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    Your emails getting caught in the spam filter could be a risk (I find several a week in my filter)...perhaps this is a reason why all AMs should provide both email and phone.

Of course, if you just have an unresponsive AM, I just love Billy Kay's "assumed he just left" suggestion.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I go to the site and send email to customer service saying pretty much what Billy said. Gets a response every time.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Email again, IM, call...

All work. If calling is hard because you are international try to IM them (assuming they are decent enough to provide that info )

Just today I had a poor affiliate who has sent me 4 emails without a reply (because they his new email address caught by our filters). He called me and we added his new email to our safe list.

Give them the benefit of the doubt the first time but next time they better be more responsive!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

MicroMag, are you the same poster on DP? I didn't know you posted here. what a small world it is for affiliates huh?

I'd definitely call if you can. As much as email,IM's and PMs have taken the regins, talking to a human voice is still the quickest way to get it done.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    karomesis, I just replied to your PM...I am actually up now if you want to call my cell phone

I have nothing else to do after all
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Online Marketing Consultant
    Wink
    I agree, I would try calling them. If they still do not respond, plenty of other affiliate programs would enjoy having you and respond if your numbers are about $1,500/month in commissions. Heck, I'd be happy if you would join ours lol

Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    MicroMag, are you the same poster on DP? I didn't know you posted here. what a small world it is for affiliates huh?
    yes, I'm the same bastard from there ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    I'd definitely call if you can. As much as email,IM's and PMs have taken the regins, talking to a human voice is still the quickest way to get it done.
    Yes, I'm still giving him a time to answer the second emails wave I sent - I'll try to call him this week to see what happens - I'll simply reach the main company phone number and ask to talk with the affiliate manager.

I'm talking about: Mr Justin Reynolds. StartLogic's Affiliate Manager:

http://www.startlogic.com/affiliates.html

I think that would be more useful if he decided to put his phone number instead of his photo there.

Online Marketing Consultant
    What is DP?

What is DP?
    digital point.

I think that would be more useful if he decided to put his phone number instead of his photo there.
    good point.

ABW Ambassador
    An important thing here for merchants to understand is that if they use spam filters then they need to at least skim through the junk box once a week etc to see if they can find genuine emails. A much better alternative is for merchants who use filters is to setup alternative contact methods that are highlighted in the program description etc. These would include a special phone number or at least the direct number for International callers. Another option is to have an affiliate help/support area on the website with a form for affiliates to submit a ticket/query which would go straight to the affiliate team/manager.

These are really quite basic procedures that you think any serious affiliate manager would have in place but from what I've seen most of the companies that seem to lose email are the biggest ones.

I hope this is helpful!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

My problem is solved:

I just sent a second mail with a prefix in mail subject calling his attention:

"Mr Justin Reynolds Please Answer My mail! - "

and he answered my mail thanks all

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread