Old man Rothschild said the best time to buy stuff was when there was blood running in the streets.

Inktomi just cratered to $.88 per share down from $240 per share.

I didn't look up BeScrewed or ValueBrainDeadClick or DoubleLoserClick or OverStupid but they probably are following the trend to nowhereville too.

NasDaq is now 85% off it's high. Do I here 90%. LOL. You all keep believin in CPA - all the way to the BK court.

Dow baby dosen't look to good either - 8,100 here we come...yahoo - green blood's a running - not deep enough yet but close.

Remember the 1932 low happened on July 7th. (hint).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yikes! Those are terrible figures!!!

(Skeptically)Checking this out:

Waittaminnit--Inktomi's 52-week high is $9.75 according to MSN Money/CNBC!

Whenever that $240/share was, it wasn't very recent.

And the Dow's got 9281.82 according to MSN. There's only a 20-minute delay on their figures. So it must have risen one heckuva lot since you posted, huh!

Also I think the rumors of the death of CPA are greatly exaggerated...and also not supported by these figures. Even with the numbers you mentioned, that's not showing a disadvantage to CPA over any other kind of tech/internet stock.

i don't know about stock prices but I just checked my Inktomi stats and I haven't had a click thru since April 12.What the crap is up with that?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The problem is probably in your rankings. Check MSN.com or another of their partner sites. Has your listing been buried alive?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You all keep believin in CPA - all the way to the BK court.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do any of the figures quoted have to do with cpa? Businesses will always pay people in one way or another to attract more customers.. CPA just happens to be the prefered model online at the moment and its a great thing.. CPA makes marketing cost effective to merchants, and anyone with half a brain can convert for quality merchants. If individual companies fall down so be it, but anyone who does so in this environment only has themselves to blame.

It was a weird one on WWS today - right after I posted the Dow ripped up almost 200 points in about 45 minutes. From there it was like - oh oh no parachute and right back down to minus 21 then it blipped to plus 28.

Ink's all time high is 240 a couple of years ago - 99.74% off the high.

What does CPA have to do with stocks - sales and profits...what else. Wall Street is a CPA game except you have to pay to get in.

If online retail CPA was the cats meow, Gates & Ballmer would have bought up all the adnetworks. Truth is they make more money from 30 year treasury bond interest than they would make even if they had zero headaches from the network.

One man shows can make a profit but as you add people you have to triple sales to just stay even.

Distribution alwasy costs money...affiliates are in the eyeball distribution game...sales come from matching eyeballs who want something with places that have what they want.

Anyway - I'm up 250% since October 2000. Come
    July 7th or so I will plunk down a few sheckels on INK and a couple of other pieces of junk that should double or triple by Labor Day.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread