Unhappy ARE THESE VOIDED COMMISSIONS ? Please Reply
    Hi,
    i have joined a program on SAS, and i have made over 2000 dollars from it.
    ... but yesterday i found a removal message from the merchant
    and the reason was :
    JUNK REGISTERATIONS
    SO !!!!! WILL I GET MY COMMISSIONS (2000$) OR NOT ??
    ALTHOUGH I SAW THE STATUS OF THEM ((PROCESSING)) not ((VOIDED))
    Thanks in advance.

ABW Ambassador
    Probably should ask the merchant, how are we supposed to know.

"JUNK REGISTERATIONS"

I'll take a guess and say no, you won't get paid.

ABW Ambassador
    It may have been that the merchant detected fraudulent leads/registrations.

FYI, I have gotten follow-up phone calls resulting from leads a company thought they got with my info - and I had NOTHING to do with those, I never submtted one in my whole life.

IMHO you need to check the qualilty and source of your traffic, and take it up with the MERCHANT, not the network. All the network does is the tracking. It's the merchant who is responsible for checking the validity of leads or orders, since they are the ones who process the credit cards and ship the stuff and stand to lose money - so they have to check for bonafide information. Bottom line:

JUNK REGISTERATIONS
    SO !!!!! WILL I GET MY COMMISSIONS (2000$) OR NOT ??
    ALTHOUGH I SAW THE STATUS OF THEM ((PROCESSING)) not ((VOIDED))
    If the registrations were fraudulent or some other kind of worthless crap or JUNK then no, you won't get paid.

How it Works

Orders are tracked real-time, and they automatically go into "Processing" mode. If they're invalid, or the credit card info isn't good or accurate or complete, or the order is cancelled, or the merchant finds that the orders were FRAUD, then the transactions are VOIDED.

That's how it works.

Step one: Processing
    Step two: GOOD order, stuff shipped or delivered. Merchant pays affiliate. OR
    Step two: BAD order, order VOIDED. No tickee, no laundry.

Such is life. Things are either good or bad. Tough, but true nevertheless. If they're voided there's some reason for it, and no - you wont' get paid.
    Last edited by webworker; October 12th, 2006 at 12:37 AM.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    junk leads
    Excellent advice Web. Another program that we have been promoting for two years pays a per lead fee for valid leads. Though it is the minority of leads received, we do get about 15 -18% that are invalid due to fraudulent or incorrect data provided by the submitter.

One of the steps we implemented to do a pre-check on transactions is IDology, which checks name - addy - phone - zip and other info to verify customer identity. This is very helpful. Though you may want very much for every lead to be valid, (as we all would) the truth is that a percentage of people will enter fraudulent information for whatever reason, especially if an incentive is involved. The merchant must verify to insure their bottom line so as difficult as it may be to accept, if the leads are not valid, it's not the merchant who is at fault. Hope you have better luck with some other program.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Just of a matter of interest, how long does it usually take an order to be processed ?

ABW Ambassador
    Lead generation in industries such as debt consolidation or edu, as an example, are subject to fraud applications or leads. It can take a while to chargeback the fraudster for the following reason [may vary by vendor]:

Fraudster fills out the lead form
    Lead is run through filters looking for stupid blatant fraud Lead is sent to call center, sometimes in real time Call center guy/gal contacts applicant.
    Bogus applicant tells call center guy/gal that he/she didn't fill out any form Call center guy/gal makes a note Notes are compiled and sent to supervisor Supervisor compiles lists and sends report to call center manager Manager reviews and sends to call center contact at vender

At the vendor level there could be several layers of management There would be someone in charge of tracking where the fraud lead/leads were coming from Once it was determine that the lead/leads were coming through an affiliate network and which merchant or aggregator was responsible the vendor would make contact and ask for credit.

The merchant or aggregator would then contact the AM and "raise heck"
    AM would chargeback the affiliate.
    In the case of multiple fraudster leads, which is usually the case, the AM might contact the affiliate.
    It would be up to the individual AM to decide to drop the affiliate and notify the network.

Affiliates that take their time to cheat the system get caught and are punished for their bad deeds. It may take a month or more.

Internet Cowboy
    Brian caught another fraudster. Nice job SAS!

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Brian caught another fraudster. Nice job SAS!
    ShareASale didn't catch me ... because i didn't make any mistake ...
    The merchant has taken a serious action with me in error

I rarely get a voided transaction, but this weekend I got a good one.

"Unable to contact customer" and it was dated TWO days in the future (on SAS). Sure glad the merchant knew they could never contact the customer for two days that had not occurred yet.

Apparently it wasn't a "disconnected number" either. So I find it strange, but it happens.

ABW Ambassador
    The short answer is that they are VOIDED transactions if it says that, and they won't be paid for.

but the merchant didn't make it VOIDED ... The transactions still processing till now

so what do you think ?

Contact the merchant.

We don't know all of the details, so there isn't any reason to ask us since all we can do is speculate.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Listen, there - cool down and chill out!

Today is the 15th of the month, and ShareAsale is RELIGIOUS about being on time with sending out payments out on the 20th of the month. For sure, you'll see a payment in your account by the 21st - or seeing that the 20th falls on a Friday, then on Monday for sure - if you're being paid. And if you don't get paid for all this, then there's bound a good reason - which would need to be taken upo with the merchant in question.

Whatever it is you're doing, if the merchant has said you've been sending CRAP, then repent and mend your ways in the future. If the merchant is wrong or fulla baloney, then find another.

SAS payment is only 5 days away - keep us posted.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I do think it is pretty crappy for the merchant not to contact the affiliate other than an autogenerated message. If anything warrants a phone call or personal email, it is kicking an affiliate out of a program or voiding massive numbers of transactions.

Our reserach has found that the average number of "bogus" leads through our site is around 2.9%. If an affiliate gets over 3.5% or so, I will contact them to discuss it. Not only does it improve the quality of the leads, but it eliminates the confusion as they watch random leads just disappear.

I think the merchant owes CePoRex at least that much...whether or not they be a "fraudster" or not.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

ABW Ambassador
    Well Matt, you're one of the "good guys" but not everyone falls into that category, unfortunately.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Well Matt, you're one of the "good guys" but not everyone falls into that category, unfortunately.
    To be honest, I just think it is a good business practice.

If merchants are truly going to treat affiliates as business partners, how can they expect to get away with this in the long-term?

I have two business partners now and I cannot imagine just telling one of them to take a hike without an explanation first.

If I am one of the few...it irks me if only for the bad rep AMs would get and it drives away potential affiliates from ME! See...I have very selfish motives to my methods
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread