Last wednesday evening, after feeding the kids desert i went to the bathroom to take a shower. I was a bit rushed..had to load the dishwasher still... Stepped into the shower...my foot caught the bathmat, twisted me around, smashed my head against the wall..arm against the side of the wall of the tub and my right leg still outside the tub.

Couldnt yell. Somehow i got up, unlocked the door(baby likes to flush when in shower)and calmly called hubby.

My arm was broken in 4 places..including a fracture from my shoulder down to my elbow. Knee is sprained, with a lovely bruise almost the whole way around, and 6 inches thick. Oh ya, a bitty concussion too.

It can happen so fast. It could have been worse. I am home now, but every movement is tourture.

So folks, never take ANYTHING for granted.

Love Elizabeth

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Wow,

I hope you feel better soon.....

Sounds like it was a scary moment. Best of luck in your recovery.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, sounds worse then my fall down my entire flight of steps last week. I am soooo glad you did not kill yourself. You have to be careful. Listen to me telling you. We have to be careful.

What are we accident prone on abestweb!! Everyone's always falling and breaking something or another. LOL!!

Take good care of yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    We wish you a very speedy recovery!!!! Hang in there...each day, it will fee 'a little' bit better....

I was much happier when everybody was having babies instead of falling down and breaking bones.

This is my first cast experience too!@!!! WHATS the smell? lol. How do you scratch the inside???

With all the drugs im on, Im avoiding the stairs! lol thanks for your kind response..you guys are the best.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    That sounds like something mouse would do....you sure you weren't climbing a tree???

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How do you scratch the inside???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> A knitting needle? An afghan hook? A chopstick?

Hugs from another Elisabeth (with an "s")

Elizabeth,

Ouch!

Thank God your ok .... but to add insult to injury ... I'l post my loving band aid hehehehe....

Feel better! ((((((HUGS)))))))

Haiko

Oh! no not another! You were so lucky, I know you must be feeling pretty bad, but it sure could have been worse.
    Thank heavens your dh was there too!
    I like the bit: "Calmly called Hubby" isn't funny how we can smash ourselves up,yet calmly call our dh's "Honey can you come and help me with this for a minute" lol!

I can recommend a knitting needle or crochet hook for the itches and I can't remember the smell, guess I was on too many drugs too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

@elbowcreek, treeclimbing is out, rappelling is going to be my next great adventure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Take care Elizabeth, [[[big hugs]]]

WOW!!

That's terrible. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread