2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I received 4 of these this morning. Obviously customoffers regards this as opt-out commercial e-mail. Damn list brokers don't remove duplicate domains.

Dear Member,
    As a valued member of Consumer Direct Info, we are proud to bring you news of our latest relationship with CustomOffers.com, and automatically enroll you in their fabulous network. We thought you'd be interested because they too deliver valuable discounts, special offers, sweepstakes, and entertainment reviews from companies such as AOL/Time Warner, AT&T, Sears, BMG, Chase and Earthlink! So you can begin gaining all the advantages of membership, CustomOffers has already enrolled you to receive your emails introducing you to the "best of the web".

If you do not wish to receive any email offers from the CustomOffers Network, simply click on the link below for an automatic deletion. It's that easy.

Your Friends at Consumer Direct Info.

If you do not wish to receive email from CustomOffers, please click or copy and paste the following address into your browser:

>Damn list brokers don't remove duplicate domains.

Wouldn't make sense to them - they sell a list with a million addresses, sounds good. They clean out dupes, invalid addresses and people who are gonna spam complain and it'd be down to 100 names - not as impressive.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They thrive on the opt-out clicks selling the verified addresses to their list broker buddies. So they stuff the first scrapped list with old lists hoping to rebuild a sellable spamm list. These guys are affiliate enabled merchants I have no dealings with as if I send one visitor to Consumer Direct Info ( parasite/scumlord) or customoffers -a e-mail opt-out spamm broker. Look over my site and you'll see I do not promote subscriber merchants beyond Fred Langa windows helpdesk newsletter and a few eBay and uBid links

I've been getting Langa's newsletter for quite a while now - he's one of the few people who seem to understand that people don;t mind a few ads here and there as long as the bulk of the thing is worth reading. Most of the junk people want you to subscribe to is nothing but one link after another - and you can never get unsubbed from those.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread