Talking It' Christmas Time!!
    I stopped in my local Home-Less Depot and the lights and decorations are out! It seems to get earlier every year and Thanksgiving is still up and coming

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Drives me nuts. I liked it better when the holiday decorations didn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving. Then they pushed it back to the day after Halloween. Now apparently it's the day after Columbus Day. Soon enough it'll be the day after Labor Day.

Anyone care to join me in a rousing chorus of "The Twelve MONTHS Of Christmas?"

Its been Christmas here for about a month or so. My Christmas site traffic has almost doubled in the last two weeks too.
    Last edited by nyfalcon; October 12th, 2006 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I guess we should all be getting into the spirit of Christmas. I too have already put some pages up. As a matter of interest . Why do we put a Angel on top of our tree?
    I found this while searching the search engines.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Retailers dream earlier and earlier every year.
    The actual increase in Christmas site traffic is a lot more interesting to me!

Why do we put a Angel on top of our tree?
    We do it because it stays up there better than the star did.

It is to remind the husband who is on the pedestool in the house
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i always thought that traffic would pick up after thanksgiving... that is something new to me.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=20110

Holiday shopping—and deals—to start earlier than ever online this year
    The holidays are starting early this year—online. A survey of consumers and multi-channel merchants by Shop.org and Shopzilla shows that more than one-third of consumers will start holiday buying by Halloween. More than 60% of retailers will start holiday promotions by early November, and most plan to increase e-mail and search marketing over last year as part of that.

Specifically, 60.26% say they will boost e-mails to their house lists for the holidays. 23.38% say they’ll increase prospecting e-mails.

Virtually every retailer surveyed—97.4%—plans to invest in search engine marketing. 73.1% say they’ll invest in comparison shopping engine advertising this holiday. Alternative online marketing platforms also will get a workout in Q4, with 41.6% of retailers saying they will use blogs or RSS feeds and 79.5% saying they’ll use viral marketing campaigns. Offline, 44% of retailers say they`ll invest in newspaper advertising this holiday, 31.6% will use radio advertising, and 26.3% will do television advertising.

The fifth annual survey, this year including 2,914 online buyers and 80 online merchant members of Shop.org, was conducted by RizRate Research, which is a unit of Shopzilla.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread