ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Extended Auto Warranties
    I've emailed the affiliate manager for the Extended Auto Warranties program twice - once via direct email and once through CJ. The issue is that they've reversed a transaction w/ the reason given being, "Unqualified Lead." The qualifying action is for a person to complete their short form. Either a person completes it or they don't. If they didn't complete it, I wouldn't have gotten the lead in the first place.

This is just an FYI as they didn't appear in a search.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

ABW Ambassador
    Still no response via CJ, nor from ldorman@carchex.com, the email address listed in the co. profile on CJ.

I should also mention that they reversed the commission the day before it was due to be locked. If these aren't signs of a shady company everyone should avoid, I don't know what is....

Even if it turns out that there is a simple explanation for what's going on, the fact that they've failed to respond is just pure BS.

Keywords for search:
    Extended Auto Warranties smartautowarranty.com auto warranty car warranty
    Hi, I'm a signature.

If you have auto warranty leads, give LeadPoint (www.leadpoint.com) a try. I've heard they have competitive payouts.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, it happened again. One day before the transaction was supposed to be locked they reversed another transaction. Is this not the most obvious form of affiliate fraud there is?? Gotta love Commission Junction for doing absolutely nothing about this.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Extended Auto
    Hello,

Well they actually did not pay me single one from last month but this month I have over 100 so far. I did not even see that they did not pay for last months payment.

Have you ever been paid by them and if not, what are the next steps to take?

I hope CJ has some policies that they must follow here.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Matt

ABW Ambassador
    This is the response I got from CJ:

Thanks for contacting client support. Advertisers have the authority to correct or reverse commissions. I understand you have contacted them directly to dispute the corrections and that they have not responded to your emails regarding the transaction.

I will send this information over to our Advertiser-Network Quality department.

I know some lead-based programs will consider a lead "unqualified" if the advertiser cannot contact the consumer (the person who filled out the application) to follow-up with the next step. In this case, it is possible that the advertiser corrected the commissions. I just wanted to let you know. A suggestion might be for the advertiser to update their commissionable action description.

Regardless, I will send this information to the compliance department for review.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the client support team.
    No, I've never received anything from the merchant.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Hi, welll
    they replied and said they do not pay for those in California who sign up for the form. Was your person from there?

Matt

ABW Ambassador
    I finally heard back & was provided information about the transactions... Apparently a couple of the leads were from California, a few had bad city/zip data & one did go through back in August... I wonder why they don't accept leads from California - one of the largest economies in the world... I'd ask, but I don't want to wait a week or two for another response...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread