Haiko or an Admin
    I was wondering if there was any way I could get you to insert a brief message to the very beginning of a thread in the New Program Announcements board?

I was thinking along the lines of "Please skip to post #73 on page 3 of this thread before you consider joining this program."
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    From what i know, i think you cannot edit it.
    I might be wrong though

Hope so ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    From what i know, i think you cannot edit it.
    I might be wrong though
    Considering I paid for the thread, I wish I could, but I think you may be right. I'm not sure if it still works like this, but it used to be that the first post is reviewed before it goes live and any edits would then put the whole thread back in the queue for review. That was probably a huge pain in the butt on the admin side, so perhaps they locked out edits to streamline the process.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I've just been in a really bad mood in relation to bad programs lately. Like with these guys. I've been the perfect small-time affiliate. I helped recruit other affiliates, let them know when they were crediting me for test leads that I shouldn't be paid for, sent a couple clean leads a week, generated good clients for them and cashed my checks without much of a peep. I didn't produce much, but was pretty low maintenance.

I also kept quiet about the fact that they stopped answering affiliate support emails over a year ago, didn't rant all over the boards when their unlicensed template image landed me in a dispute with the license owner and didn't raise a fuss when they stopped crediting sub-affiliate commissions. The regular commission checks kept coming and they were more of an afterthought program by then anyway. It's only now that they've completely stopped paying out, and again failed to respond to inquiries that I've finally said word one against them. They had every opportunity to not suck and I gave them no cause to suck, but they went and chose to flat out suck anyway, and that's annoying.

Okay, I'll leave off now and get some real work done or at least get some slacking done, not sure which...

zx88, you hope it can't be edited or you hope Eric is wrong? Clarity is always a good thing when you're being cheeky.
    Eathan Mertz

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I think your post #73 is sufficient to alarm affiliates. The thread is 2.5 years old so let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    I think your post #73 is sufficient to alarm affiliates. The thread is 2.5 years old so let it die.
    Yes, but unfortunately, posting #73 a couple days ago bumped the thread back to the top - warning affiliates also pushed several pages of more positive posts about the program to the top of the board and not everybody reads three pages in.

Catch 22 really, hence this thread. If a single post and a single thread asking for an edit is dragging it out, I'm guilty as charged, but I honestly don't think that's the case. I'm happy to let this thread drop and doubt I'll mention paid32 again unless someone asks, but considering the program is still running, that I'm still owed recent commissions and am still dealing with collections agents over that stupid image, none of it seems all that old to me...
    Eathan Mertz

ABW Ambassador
    How's this:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...549#post191549

Or if you have something else, just post it and I can copy and paste it into the first post.

Looks good. Thanks much!
    Eathan Mertz

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread