ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down 1&1 - 1and1 - What a Joke!
    My current host informed me that I was using too much HDD space & bandwidth, so I took a recommendation from one of my members & went w/ 1&1. It wasn't until after I paid and looked through the admin section that I found that they have restrictions on what you can use MySQL databases for, so I emailed their support & asked if two scripts I use - forums & ad mgmt - would be okay. It took two days to get a response, which didn't even answer my questions. I replied & it took another two days to get a response asking for more information - they're two of the most common scripts out there!! How do they not know?!?
    Earlier today I cancelled my hosting there, so obviously their departments don't communicate w/ each other as their support sent their second response after my acct was closed.
    It's 2006! It's the Internet! I get responses from other hosts either immediately via live chat or 10-15min via email. This place is a freakin' joke!

keywords for search:
    1and1 1&1 1 and 1 1 & 1 one and one one & one 1and1.com
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    1and1 is big in marketing.
    10 page ad in PC mag @ 1-2k per page.

they are not the best out there in hosting. there are better deals out there.

I found bluehost pretty useful but limited functions/prog such as it does not support asp/aspx

Internet Cowboy
    1 and 1 sucks. I recently opened an accout with them. 2 of the first 5 days were down

I have used many different hosting companies over the past decade and for a short time I did some work for the host that I am currently with. They are at the top as far as suppor6t, I can call if I want, they allow me to host all my domains under one account and they are not very expensive.

I have whats called a reseller account but you can get a standard account without the resseller function for less than $10 per month

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreysolochek
    I have used many different hosting companies over the past decade and for a short time I did some work for the host that I am currently with. They are at the top as far as suppor6t, I can call if I want, they allow me to host all my domains under one account and they are not very expensive.

I have whats called a reseller account but you can get a standard account without the resseller function for less than $10 per month
    Your very first post and you are singing the praises of a host where you are a reseller....imagine that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    1and1 is big in marketing.
    10 page ad in PC mag @ 1-2k per page.

they are not the best out there in hosting. there are better deals out there.

I found bluehost pretty useful but limited functions/prog such as it does not support asp/aspx
    bluehost bluehost bluehost!! At the level I'm at, I can't complain a bit. Tech wise and support wise, it's been a lucky find for me!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i have 1 and 1 for quite a long time and they would often have down days. They might be down for like 2-3 days in a month. If you are lucky to get the phone support, don't think about getting those downtime prorated and credited. Last year, they went down like 3 weeks before x'mas but it was my personal site, so it was OK, can't imagine if you have a web store.

Notice I did not give the name of the hosting company, IMAGINE that.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread