Question: Affiliate link!
    Hallo Again, May I ask if I were to promote an affiliate, I do not want to use their ready make banner, what if I create a logo (using their company logo/ brand) that link them to their site.. would it possible, did I break any rules??

(",)

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by zx88
    Hallo Again, May I ask if I were to promote an affiliate, I do not want to use their ready make banner, what if I create a logo (using their company logo/ brand) that link them to their site.. would it possible, did I break any rules??(",)
    As long as you keep the same logo, you can link to them without breaking any rules.

same logo! ok thx for replying me

Clarification: In most cases, you can not modify a merchant's image or logo in any way without their permission. This is especially true for merchants who carefully "manage" their image.

It is always best to submit any proposed "modification" to the merchant (probably to the affiliate manager) to get approval. Of course, many merchants won't be concerned, but if you use a "non-approved" image, some merchants may summarily terminate your affiliate status.

Some obvious issues:
    • reshaping a logo to fit in a smaller image size (changing the aspect ratio),
    • removing any text from the logo (especially a TM or SM designation), or
    • adding any kind of slogan or text to the logo that is not the merchant's designated text.

In some cases, merchants may require that any time their logo is used, a specific slogan or text-phrase must be included with the logo. Therefore, removing text and using only the logo may be a problem for some merchants.

This is one of those cases where the "cost" to ask for permission is trivial, so just do it.

Finally, even if the merchant is OK with your using a "logo-only" image, the merchant may have a better image for you to use than what you'd get by extracting a logo from another image file. Ask!

I have made my own creatives when needing certain sizes, or just wanting something different. Of course I emailed them and got the merchants approval before using it, they want to make sure they are being properly represented.

http and a telephoto
    Some merchants are adamant about you using only their creatives and not modifying them, you need to check each merchant's TOS. There isn't a blanket answer to cover this question.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

thx a lot..that sound more clearer..

erm..so which mean even I change the size of the logo..I will have to messenge them

erm..so which mean even I change the size of the logo..I will have to messenge them
    Yep, for most anyway. I know, as a merchant, I'd be happy if affiliates made their own creatives (or resized them), I just want to know about it. It is my job to keep track of my brand. For all I know, someone could put my nice wholesome logo right up next to a couple of naked women...not something I'd want.

So, to be safe, just let them know and get your approval.

--Jason
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread