ABW Ambassador
    Need Reliable Reseller Hosting - HELP!!!
    Will someone PLEASE refer me to a reliable hosting company. Right now I'm using micfo and all my sites keep being down. I have also used hostgator. I'm losing money.

Can someone please refer me to a hosting company that really does have 99% uptime. I'm so tired of this.

HELP!!!!!

PM me if you want or post it here.

if you really are loosing money you'll want to look at a VPS rather than a shared and oversold reseller account. VPS is one setp below having a server and runs around $30-40 (US) a month.

If your in the market for something like this post it here and check a few sites like hosthideout(DOT)com for current offers and reviews.

ABW Ambassador
    I've been using them for years and can't be happier --> http://httpme.com

VPS= Westhost.com

I cannot stress this enough - I seconds Javis' vote. You cannot beat the service or the forums over at httpme.

Patrick
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Westhost.com is what I use for some of my linux sites. I have never had a problem with them. (Unless you run a datafeed site with tens of thousands products) There customer support also is very helpful amd usually get an answer the same day. I currently use this plan http://www.westhost.com/pro-business-hosting.html

httpme and west are both interesting, but fall short of guaranteed resources as a true VPS would.

Httpme is expensive on the monthly with a ping of 60+ms once you reach their front door...for that price you can be in an equinox datacenter with sub 8ms pings. for 35 bucks they only give you 2 gig storage? At the top end of $75 a month you should be looking for your own server...not 6 gigs of space in a shared box.

westhost...interesting, they call it a VPS but don't tell you what resources you have available. Instead they give this disclaimer in the TOS:
    "If you use a high amount of server resources (such as, but not limited to, CPU Time, Memory Usage, and Network Resources) at our election, you may be given an option of either upgrading the service level or reducing the resource used to an acceptable level, or your use of our servers may be limited."
    Their price is closer to the ballpark for what they are selling, but it seems a bit to much like shared being sold for something more than it is.

Glinted just reminded me of webhostingtalk(DOT)com and if you add forumdisplay.php?f=104 to the dot com you'll be at the VPS offers section where you can get a good grip on the price ranges...I already mentioned the hideout another good resource.

Personally i'm spending under 50 a month with managed support, cpanel, whm Clientexec, 10 gig storage 250 BW, 256 mb ram guaranteed (1 gig burst), fantastico and a bunch of other crap in an equinox datacenter with a sub 8ms ping (3ms right now) as seen by dnsstuff. Aside from one issue in one year and scheduled upgrades 0% downtime and great customer support...were talking mins or hours depending on the issue.

server specs
    Processor #1 Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Processor #1 Name: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 250
    Processor #1 speed: 2392.566 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 1024 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Processor #2 Name: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 250
    Processor #2 speed: 2392.566 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 1024 KB

I'll make no recommendations as you'll need to choose yourself, but I listed the deal I chose after leaving shared hosting and I'm not going back ;-)

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    httpme is very good and support has never let me down.

HTTPme has all three: Shared, VPS and dedicated. The title of the thread was reseller hosting, so that is what I replied about.

If you are shopping strictly on price then you will eventually be disappointed. And I can tell you this from experience because I owned a hosting company. Anybody that goes into hosting offering "the cheapest plan and the most resources" will eventually crash and burn.

HTTPme customers will be the first to say that their prices are not the lowest. And we are happy that way. It keeps the riff raff out. We pay extra for great support, and the fact that if I really wanted to I could call the owner and gripe about something. I've already spoken with him once (not about bad service). Plus their support model is great.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Try hostforweb.com 2 years good experience ... live chat support ... fast server etc ...

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    bluehost.

there is some dude on ABW doing hosting. I think it is dino hosting or something like that... if it is not reliable, at least he is on ABW and you can get his support

realvaluehosting.com (reseller but good/quick support and nice server). Mr.Rajesh will take care of you. One Man Show but very good experience with them Since last 2 years.

Good Uptime and better Server with cheap price !

ABW Ambassador
    I think I want to go with httpme - but what about my websites that were built with Cubecart shopping cart - I only see he has OsCommerce

Is PHP? If so you should be OK. You will just transfer all of your files over. As a matter of fact if your existing company has cpanel/whm they will more than likely help you with the transfers.

Join the HTTPme forums ASAP and start asking questions to plan for your move. I'll look for you over there
    ---
    ---

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi Jada!
    my websites that were built with Cubecart shopping cart
    On the merchant-side now (other than ebay)? When's the affiliate program opening?

(Sorry I don't know of a nondedicated-server hosting place to recommend...)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread