Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    anything wrong with links?
    seems like the links are sputtering. I checked several merchants over a period of time, and all their links go to their homepages many times instead of the intended landing pages.

Yes I have also noticed that problem today with several merchants. It seems to come and go.

ABW Ambassador
    yes. they do come and go. but it's worse now. last week you can still get the intended page like 5 out of 10 when clicking a link over a period of a minute. now, it's like almost 0 out of 10 most of the time.

ABW Ambassador
    The problem is clearly on Linkshare's side since many merchants, if not all, are involved.

And one possible reason the homepages are loading up is because LS is trying to load a different non-existent page, so the loading gets redirected to the homepage.

If LS is supplying the wrong landing page, can it be that it is also supplying a different non-existent affiliate ID as well?

hope not.

I notice a DRAMATIC drop in sales over the last 5 days. Something that is proven that works, I have no doubt that something is wrong.
    Let's wait for an answer, maybe LS moderator?
    Pex

I tried to create specific product links with a merchant on Linkshare but some of the resulting links didn't function at all and the others went to the general merchant's home/main page. This would be very irritating to my visitors (the customers I want to send to the merchant on LS) -- heck, it was irritating to me because I decided to trash the work I had done.

At the moment everything that appears on any of my sites is done by hand by me by dial-up -- this type of situation with Linkshare (or any network) can be really irritating
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    that is interesting, i will check with my linkshare acct manager to see if they are aware of the issue. i know i just check all of my links/banners and everything is wokring.. will keep u guys posted.

I noticed this morning that nearly all my Macy's product links are redirecting to their home page. At first I thought that perhaps the products were out of stock, but on checking their website all those products are still there. I hope somebody at LS can address this problem ASAP because we are definitely going to lose customers this way. No wonder my Macy's sales are down this month, and I now have to wonder how long this has been going on without us noticing it.

Tested some and it is a hit or miss thing.
    I know all of our links are working as I spent Friday testing all the links and updating images. Now, of the 5 affiilate links i tested, one is not working.

DRM links are fine.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    I noticed this morning that nearly all my Macy's product links are redirecting to their home page. At first I thought that perhaps the products were out of stock, but on checking their website all those products are still there. I hope somebody at LS can address this problem ASAP because we are definitely going to lose customers this way. No wonder my Macy's sales are down this month, and I now have to wonder how long this has been going on without us noticing it.
    It was already sputtering last week, but now is really worst. I seldom see the intended pages. almost all go to the homepage.

It may be that the problem is limited to product links and customized links.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just came to post that LillianVernan is going to homepage - and saw this thread.

Someone ping Renae for a response

Looks like we're just being ignored on this one as usual! I've sent an email to the Macy's AM about this but I'm not holding my breath on receiving any reply (never have in the past!). Perhaps a phone call to LS might be the way to go, as this is a problem that needs to be addressed real soon.

I contacted them - they're looking into it

ABW Ambassador
    Are the problems with product links in particular? I just tested a few general links, and they worked for me.

Thanks Billy Kay . I've also just contacted them and got the same reply. Now we can just hope I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr_Sacc
    Are the problems with product links in particular? I just tested a few general links, and they worked for me.
    Seems to be just product links that are affected. I actually had a similar problem with some of my CJ merchants a couple of months back and it took them almost 2 weeks to sort it out.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    We are aware that there is a problem with individual links going to the merchant home page. Our tech team is investigating. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    Your individual product links should be working now and not going to the merchant home page. If you are still having problems, please PM me the link.

Ranae

Ranae thanks for stepping up to the plate so quickly . It looks as though all my Macy's links are now pointing in the right direction.

and my lillian vernan sleeping bag is going to the sleeping bag page

My links do not work

I will have to PM the Mod as I couldn't upload an entire web page full of dud links and that's what the Linkshare system created for me the other day.

I just checked -- the links still do not work
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    My links do not work

I will have to PM the Mod as I couldn't upload an entire web page full of dud links and that's what the Linkshare system created for me the other day.

I just checked -- the links still do not work
    Is it possible that, when you created these links, the problem under discussion here existed and the resulting codes were created to point to the homepage of the merchant instead of the product? It's just a thought, but perhaps you should try and recreate these links now that everything seems to be working again - hopefully this time the link will point to where it should. Just try one or two, but give it at least 15-30 minutes before testing them.

Per Linkshare:
    Our tech team identified an issue that was affecting IPL redirects over the weekend. We do not think there was any affect to tracking. This issue was resolved and should no longer be occurring as of 11.30am EST this morning.
    I am sure that conversion will go down over that period.

It was odd...

The FIRST time you clicked thru, it went to the right product page

But if you cliked back, compared other things, and then clicked thru to the product again... you went to the homepage

I confirmed this happened on about a dozen different products

I just hope all my visitors bought on their FIRST click thru

The product link should *always* go straight to the merchant's product page!

(That means specifically the product that was featured on the webmaster's page should go directly to more information about that particular product on the merchant's site including an easy way to buy the product -- I've had problems in the past with Linkshare links going to the merchant's main page -- this loses customers big time)

"Do not pass 'Go' do not collect $100" (~Monopolopy)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast