Angry What about liars?
    I've been searching doing research and being the naive noob that I am I have discovered several affiliate sites that just flat out lie. For example, people that have zappos coupons, when zappos clearly says they do not give out coupons.

I even saw one zappos PPC that said in the ad copy coupons zappo and had (aff). I thought this last part was funny because they were willing to put zappos coupons in the ad copy, but kept to the zappos rules on indicating they were and affiliate in the ad.

Other sites put their all their shoe coupons together and put zappos right up their with the, had a sub page that said zappos coupons and the link did nothing more than take me to the homepage.

I only mention the zappos thing because I only sell shoes and cookware (okay, I have ads, but sometimes they sell . I'm sure this is multiplied across other categories.

I have no idea why I'm writing this. I just wanted to say I don't like it. It's dishonest.

Now if I'm wrong. Please someone tell me where I can get those zappos coupons.

Talking
    Phony coupon sites are all over the place.

I try to fill my coupon site with actual deals, rather than a bunch of 'coupons', which are just reworded aff links to the merchants homepage.

Misleading visitors might work if you already have tons of traffic, but doesnt help build a user-base IMO.

A couple of years ago I mentioned this to the AM of a merchant I did a lot of biz with as there were sites offering "coupons" for free shipping on orders over $100 (or thereabouts) when this was standard anyhow - like the Zappos coupons referred to here.

The answer was that they considered it a "long standing coupon" - except the only place I ever saw it referred to as a "coupon" was the affiliate sites. Seems as long as you don't claim something they won't fulfill - 10% off for e.g. then you can put your own spin on standard offers to make it look like you've got some exclusive deal.

Yes I think it's dishonest. I was never tempted to do this as I felt it'd make me a liar getting someone to a site under a pretence of an "offer" that was just normal.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Anything to make a quick buck
    It is hard for merchants to police everything and it has been an uphill battle for merchants. I tried to contact affiliate every couple of weeks asking them to modify PPC terms or not bid, or misrepresent description. But weeks later, some other guy will pop up with the same issue

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Anything to make a quick buck
    I tried to contact affiliate every couple of weeks asking them to modify PPC terms or not bid, or misrepresent description. But weeks later, some other guy will pop up with the same issue
    Good observation of life reality Eric. History always has a habit of repeating itself!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    "I tried to contact affiliate every couple of weeks asking them to modify PPC terms or not bid, or misrepresent description. But weeks later, some other guy will pop up with the same issue"

Deactivate them, problem solved. Set the rules, clearly. First time give them a warning, next time the boot.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread