adwords pro status.
    I know there are some heavy duty players in adwords here who either are or could easily get the certified pro designation if they so desired, my question is have you considered using it locally in your area?

Not to say it's a revolutionary idea, but I was considering using the adwords pro term to locally recruit brick and mortar shops/businessess and manage their campaigns with a face they can see in person. Using both the local search as well as the global one, I could offer "front page" listings for the price of clicks.

My online business model is like Donuts mentioned "quick and flexible, but builds nothing of value", and I want to take some of the net capital return from my affiliate PPC marketing, and transfer it into something both offline and substantially valuble, and buildable.

Just an idea. what do you guys think?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    You don't need to be certified by adwords to get an MCC or to have ppc consulting clients - so try it now. Make sure their sales can track via some mechanism so that everyone (you and them) can tell where the sales are coming from. One of my first clients was a brick and mortar and I had him build a tiny website and get a dedicated 800 number for the leads I was generating for him. He's still a client and loves the way I can get that phone to ring!

ABW Ambassador
    "You don't need to be certified by adwords to get an MCC or to have ppc consulting clients - so try it now."

You don't need it, anybody can do Adwords but it can only help (can't hurt) in getting clients:

https://adwords.google.com/select/ProfessionalWelcome

It's free, you might learn new things and you get extras like promotional credits - $$$

Qualified professionals receive sets of five credits valued at US$100 each.
    Non-Qualified professionals receive sets of three credits valued at US$50 each.
    Last edited by Trust; October 15th, 2006 at 06:43 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    When a teem of G engineers visits your shop and gives you their blessing, you are approved. Our software is approved!

mackin@makemetop.co.uk

thanks for the advice amigos.

Trust, are you a PPC'er? if so, do you enjoy the micromanagement?

Donuts, do you usually work on a per sale model when you consult with clients?

or does it depend on the clients needs wether it's per hour, or ongoing?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    Donuts, do you usually work on a per sale model when you consult with clients?

or does it depend on the clients needs wether it's per hour, or ongoing?
    It does depend, but I push for a performance based model because I think it usually benefits all parties the most.

Definitely go for it! If you get the tracking implemented and start giving out some nice reports (PPC, CPA, EPC, keyword breakdowns, etc...) you've got yourself a nice service. People will pay not to have to micromanage their adwords accounts.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread