How do ya'll make that good money with linkshare?
    Hi ya'll. I joined linkshare like 9 months ago and so far i have no sale made and not commission. I keep hearing stories of people making $5,000 to $10,000 a month with Linkshare. So my question is how do ya'll do it? I need some pointers...I have tried everything from google adsense adware i have placed banners on myspace ...etc you name it...i happen to make one sale after spending way to much money on promoting...please help.... and you can contact me by email numbermoja at aol dot com or just AIM me at numbermoja...thank you in advance..

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbermoja
    Hi ya'll. I joined linkshare like 9 months ago and so far i have no sale made and not commission. I keep hearing stories of people making $5,000 to $10,000 a month with Linkshare. So my question is how do ya'll do it? I need some pointers...I have tried everything from google adsense adware i have placed banners on myspace ...etc you name it...i happen to make one sale after spending way to much money on promoting...please help.... and you can contact me by email numbermoja at aol dot com or just AIM me at numbermoja...thank you in advance..
    I would take some time and read up. Adware and banners on Myspace

Tax Paying Member
    Its like any other start-up business.

My mother (the Matriarch) told me that I would starve before being fed.

She also told me that it would be a while before I could buy the boat.

Moral is..........hard work and patience........don't get greedy and don't toss your money away needlessly.
    Last edited by Witzer; October 17th, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Focus on a specific segment and build on articles if you are not doing any automation..

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I would take some time and read up. Adware and banners on Myspace
    I think it should be Adwords.

Trust is saying that according to the T&C on Myspace, you are not suppose to have your personal ads (CJ, LS or other CPA) on MySpace

HEHE..look like he break some rules in myspace

Everyone breaks the rules in myspace, that the point!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

They don't want you to post aff links on YOUR myspace because they want you to pay them to advertise.

and why don't they catch them (those who break the rules)?

Quote Originally Posted by zx88
    and why don't they catch them (those who break the rules)?
    "catch them" and put them in jail???

myspace is aware of the problem..trust me, and they are looking at other options. I heard plans via the grapevine that they are working to release something in Q1 07.

It would not be too hard to flush those profiles or not display the ads in those profiles. It's just as simple as banning a domain from being listed.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    "catch them" and put them in jail???

myspace is aware of the problem..trust me, and they are looking at other options. I heard plans via the grapevine that they are working to release something in Q1 07.

It would not be too hard to flush those profiles or not display the ads in those profiles. It's just as simple as banning a domain from being listed.
    hmm..they will just list the url non spiderable lo....this will slove their problem

Outsourced Program Manager Patrick - AMWSO's Avatar
    To get back on topic.....

My advice.... build a site around a niche that excites you. Choose merchants from Linkshare that fill that niche. Learn about this niche and write passionately about it within your site. Offer your visitors advice; reviews etc on these products/services... become an expert on your chosen area. It will take time of course but you need to provide a reason for people to come to you site in the first place…. and then return.

Once you have a decent amount of content, and feel you are providing value to your demographic, then consider driving traffic to your site with some (costly)PPC marketing.

This might not be the kind of ‘tricks-of-the-trade’ advice you’re looking for, but it’s a good place to start for any budding affiliate imo.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick - AMWSO; October 19th, 2006 at 03:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. MSN - goodfellowpat@hotmail.com ::: www.amwso.com Get our RSS News Feed here - feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO
    My Affiliate Marketing Programs :
    EverSmoke.com - SouthBeachSmoke.com, My music production site.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by dpl882
    They don't want you to post aff links on YOUR myspace because they want you to pay them to advertise.
    didn't myspace have a recent deal with google?

they only want their official ads to show.

A: I don't.

ABW Ambassador
    It's the same arrangement here at ABW. Haiko has the right to show his own official ads. Anything else is considered spam and subject to deletion.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    A: I don't.
    Your deal is with MySpace. and MySpace has the right to boot off (if they do decide, and if you are discovered) users who will not play by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    Your deal is with MySpace. and MySpace has the right to boot off (if they do decide, and if you are discovered) users who will not play by the rules.
    What are you talking about? I was answering the question poised in the title of this thread. I don't even have a myspace account. lol!

Trust is saying that according to the T&C on Myspace, you are not suppose to have your personal ads (CJ, LS or other CPA) on MySpace
    Gosh i didnt know you are not supposed to have personal ads on myspace...i ment to say i have started doing this google advertising campaign and i have myspace as one of the targeted sites....looks like am spending money for the service, but no purchases have been made.

Focus on a specific segment and build on articles if you are not doing any automation..
    Thanks for advice...I just placed the ads on google and let natural selection happen....i gues its not a good idea to just randomly put sites hoping people will buy throught your ads

Quote Originally Posted by dpl882
    Why dont they want people to advertise on their pages...i thought its called myspace...one can do whatever with their spaces....i wonna know where the rules are written so i cannot go to jail.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread