ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Code Change without Notification! & emails
    Wow this really sucks... I noticed lately that I got this message below when viewing stores on my site (locally):

Missing IPAddress & UserAgent values.
    I didn't think much of it and thought that I wasn't able to view my site on my local server etc. Silly me I didn't check the live site as have had so much else to do and this could have been like this for several months so many merchants stores were never showing at all, damn....

Asif/Goldencan, I would suggest that if you make major code changes to at least inform us about them. I do appreciate the great service you offer but this is the first time I have had any problems like this and I'm sure it was something you over looked.

I have tracked down the problem and it is because the old code I was using below has changed

old code:

Dim SID, URL, PageURL, objXMLHttp
    SID = "xxxxxx"
    PageURL = Request.ServerVariables("URL")
    PageURL = PageURL & "?" & Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
    PageURL = Server.UrlEncode(PageURL)

URL = "http://si.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?SID=" & SID & "&PageURL=" & PageURL
    SET objXMLHttp = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    objXMLHttp.Open "GET", URL, False
    objXMLHttp.Send()
    Response.Write(objXMLHttp.responseText)

New Code:

Dim SID, URL, PageURL, objXMLHttp, IPAddress, UserAgent
    SID = "xxxxx"
    IPAddress = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST")
    UserAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
    PageURL = Request.ServerVariables("URL")
    PageURL = PageURL & "?" & Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
    PageURL = Server.UrlEncode(PageURL)

URL = "http://si.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?SID=" & SID & "&PageURL=" & PageURL
    URL = URL & "&IPAddress=" & Server.UrlEncode(IPAddress)
    URL = URL & "&UserAgent=" & Server.UrlEncode(UserAgent)
    SET objXMLHttp = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    objXMLHttp.Open "GET", URL, False
    objXMLHttp.Send()
    Response.Write(objXMLHttp.responseText)
    Asif, I still have not herd back from you regarding emails titled "Follow up from AbestWeb Thread" sent to you on 2nd of august & email #ID 14600 submitted start of October?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Wow this really sucks... I noticed lately that I got this message below when viewing stores on my site (locally):

I didn't think much of it and thought that I wasn't able to view my site on my local server etc. Silly me I didn't check the live site as have had so much else to do and this could have been like this for several months so many merchants stores were never showing at all, damn....

Asif/Goldencan, I would suggest that if you make major code changes to at least inform us about them. I do appreciate the great service you offer but this is the first time I have had any problems like this and I'm sure it was something you over looked.

I have tracked down the problem and it is because the old code I was using below has changed.
    Hi,
    I am sorry for the inconvience, I can understand your feelings about seeing a broken page on your website which is displaying an error message instead of displaying the products. When the code changes were made it was taken into account that all existing stores works with existing code and nothing will break. We did not send out the notice for code change as it was working fine for any existing stores and only new created stores from that date forward were going to be verified for new code. It seems like you have used the old code with a new store created. A new error report will be added to GoldenCAN soon which will give you some information about broken stores, Expired merchants being used or removed categories. Once again I am sorry that you had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Asif, I still have not herd back from you regarding emails titled "Follow up from AbestWeb Thread" sent to you on 2nd of august & email #ID 14600 submitted start of October?
    I saw your email #ID 14600. You will get an email reply right away.

I have a similar problem and perhaps this thread is a partial explanation to me.

I built links using GetDATA but used a curl script that was given to me. Those links still work.

Any that I built later don't work and I was wondering what changed.

And I'm still hoping you come up with a solution for me so I can use the GoldenCAN code as issued. (still waiting)

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks Asif for the prompt reply here & working on a new error report sounds like a good idea.

Yes as Herb points out by what I read is that I had it setup to be auto and when new merchants were added it just naturally used the code I had on my site. So it seems old stores were not effected from what I read of your message so that is a bonus at least. I hope you get your problem fixed Herb as well....

Well it works fine now anyway... look forward to getting an email on the other issues when you get a chance.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread