Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Exclamation New CAB Rules ... (merged)
    I joined Cellars Wine Club & Magazine Quick both run by Andy Rodriguez Consulting and was supposed to receive cash activation bonuses but nothing.After almost 2 months of waiting i have quit both programs.
    It is a shame we have people like this taking advantage of the affiliates.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    New CAB Rules....
    Hello team,

Effective today, we are implementing a new requirement in order for anyone to earn the CAB's (Cash Activation Bonus) for loading links to their website. We feel we have been very flexible in the past year with the CAB program, awarding CAB's to 98% of the sites that apply and request it on our programs.

Recently, some people have been taking advantage of the program and we feel a need to apply the brakes. Some affiliates feel that the only purpose of the CAB program is simply to earn $5 or $10 to load a link and have been taking advantage of the CAB programs.

Effective as of today, these new simple rules will apply:

1) You will need to load a few of the text and banner links found on the welcome email.

2) You will need to click them once so they register on the reports.

3) You need to send us an email, using the "reply to" email included on the welcome email as it's coded and will be filtered to the correct merchant.

Example: <A href="mailto:coffee@andyrodriguez.com">coffee@andyrodriguez.com will show: Coffee CAB - SAS ID = !!USERID!! in the subject line when clicked from your welcome email and it will be populated with your SAS ID and tracked properly on our end.

4) We will deposit the CAB $$ into your SAS account at the end of the month, providing the links are still there and it's a qualifying website. (see below)

5) The website where the links are loaded has to contain at least 50% content. Content defined as written, non-linked text copy. Coupon, deal sites are ok.

6) There will be no CAB's awarded to websites considered to be banner and link farms. Banner and link farms, in our opinion, are websites where the predominent content are banners and links.

7) Your website must be on a paid, hosted, top-level domain. No free hosting websites will qualify for the CAB program after today.

The spirit of the CAB program is to offer you a liitle reward for getting active and loading links to our merchant programs. Once you have the links loaded, is when you have the ability to start earning commissions. We feel that the CAB program places our merchants above some of the noise level and increases activations. Unfortunately, some people took it as an "affiliate program" by itself and their only goal was to load links, regardeless of any sale potential their link loading action had.

We will be updating the welcome email copy going forth and making sure everyone understands the spirit of the CAB program.

Have an amazing day !!
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; October 18th, 2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Making the rules even clearer
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Did you even bother to contact him?

Yes I did, he said that he posts bonuses once a month and it has been 2. Had called and sent emails and nothing. I have other ones that paid cash activation bonuses and I got them within a couple of days.

Also called Shareasale and they told me they were not responsible for their
    merchants actions.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWally
    Also called Shareasale and they told me they were not responsible for their merchants actions.
    As such, I'm moving this thread to the ARC forum from the SaS forum.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

It's amazing now how they change the rules when they are in trouble.

15 years and counting
    I'll say it's amazing how many idiots can abuse a system created to help them.

What're you out, 10 measley dollars? 20? It's amazing you're willing to break with a good AM for a few dollars (and what probably amounts to a misunderstanding).

If you are insinuating that I was abusing the system you need to get a life. Go ahead and sign up for the programs and see for yourself. He told me I would get my bonuses in a month and he lied. Now he is trying to cover himself.

Internet Cowboy
    Don't flatter yourself. You haven't caused Andy any trouble. You cost him a few minutes of time to rethink dealing with fools like you (I said that, not Andy), but you have not caused or gotten Andy in any trouble. You have only shown how small and trivial you really are.

You need to get a life too. You weren't even a part of this. So see yourself out of it loser.

15 years and counting
    Listen, boy. We all know Andy here. He is not a liar and nobody can say he tried to cover something.

It's not the $10 its the way he is running his company.

If need be I will post the emails right on here.

If you think that ripping off affiliates is a good thing then more power to you.
    You can all have a great one. I have quit the programs he runs. So no biggie.
    There are plenty of other GOOD Affiliate programs.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Why don't you post some of your websites that should have earned a cab and really teach us a lesson about your quality and value?

Why don't you post some of your websites that should have earned a cab and really teach us a lesson about your quality and value?

In case you don't no how to read Do NUT you cannot post url's in here.

SO YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE TOO AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!

Regardless of who did what, I think it is in everyones best interest to adjust when needed. I'm not sure anyone here said you were being singled out, instead it looks like you took it to mean that.

Everyone count to 10 and take deep breath.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

DJ,

Your pissing gas on a fire here. Email me (Contact Us link at bottom of page here) your paypal addy and I'll send you the $20, then take it as a lesson learned and turn it around and post productively, so we can all help one another.

How about it?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

15 years and counting
    If you think that ripping off affiliates is a good thing then more power to you.
    You can all have a great one. I have quit the programs he runs. So no biggie.
    There are plenty of other GOOD Affiliate programs.
    You really need to get your facts straight and learn what is affiliate marketing. It's not asking for a CAB, it's promoting a merchant.
    It is a shame we have people like this taking advantage of the affiliates.
    You mean it's a shame to see people like you taking advantage of good affiliate managers.

Angry
    To Zeus:

I never asked for a cab. It was offered to me when i joined the program, if i put additional links in my site. You need to mind your own business. Seems like to you come to the defense of anything that is wrong in a program.

In case you don't no how to read Do NUT you cannot post url's in here.

SO YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE TOO AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!
    Easy, you're going to blow a gasket. :-)

Btw, an affiliate can choose to disclose their own sites.

An awful lot of "mind your own business" for somebody posting in a public forum... did you come to exchange ideas or not?

Going fishing. DJWally, have a great day!

You can all be taken advantage of but I won't. I have posted in many traffic exchanges & forums to beware of Andy Rodriguez Consulting and any of the programs that he runs. Nothing against any of you or any of the individual merchant or affiliate companies such as Shareasale or Commission Junction who don't realize what he is doing. I will be contacting the individual merchants and let them know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast