ok, I know that it's not so good to make a Subject heading like that, but I am REALLY getting upset [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I need some help! REAL help!

I have recieved 275,736,883 SPAM emails in the last 18 months and I've signed up for 275,736,882 of them!

It has cost me THOUSANDS of dollars!

Everyone is an "expert marketer". I mean everyone! ..problem is, everything I sign up for did >>ME<< NO GOOD!

There are over 3,000 people here at abestweb, and this is one of the FASTEST growing websites I've seen. No it's "THE" fastest I've seen.

Now, I know that there are people around here that "know what's going on". *wink wink* *nudge nudge* say no more! If you get what I mean..

Please, if you REALLY do know how to market. If you REALLY do know how to make a product sell, and if you can PROVE it.. ie: not make a flouro green page with a screenshot of some pretend check with $635,837,993.95 on it and flashy flouro/aqua blue text under it saying "I made this last week" I'm 15 and I left school when I was 3 !!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!! Ok, *I'm taking deep breaths"..

This is what I want..

I want YOU (if you "know what you're doing") to contact ME! I have many products and services, but I can't get anyone to BUY THEM!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I will give you what ever you want. Show me at least the SMALLEST result, and I'll send you a weekly check! *HONEST*

I am getting so fed up!

Can someone help me, before I... i..

..well, can someone just help me???

MrLeN

RE: stuff it, I sent you a pm

I don't have one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

MrLeN

you do now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Have to say, I've had little success with webmaster related products/services. I've only managed to make small money on commissions for web hosting from a single page on my content site. It pays the hosting of our own sites, leaving the sales of hard goods as pretty much profit.

Do you have non-webmaster services and products?

Problem with this business (affiliate marketing) is that there is a very large portion of it that seems to be intuitive. Once you have the intuition, it starts to work. Then the minute you try to formalize that knowledge and hand it on, it seems to lose something in translation.

Whenever I try to explain it, the explainee gets that "omg, she's overwhelming me" look. To me the parts seem simple, just putting them all together is kind of hard.

You pick a product that folks are searching for. If the competition isn't stiff, you go for it.

You find a merchant that looks at all trustworthy who sells it.

You make your page of pre-sell ad copy and get it to rank well in the search engines or pay for inclusion or pay per click.

Sounds simple, huh? Well, it is and it isn't. It's part right brain, part left brain picking the successful product and keyword phrase. It's part analysis and part good luck finding the right merchant. And it's hard work to learn search engine optimization and keep your pages ranking well for niche keywords.

That didn't help, did it? Sorry.

MrLen,

Have you tried targeting the aussie market for your own products and services? There is a wad of cash in oz just waiting for the right people to tap into it and pillage it for all its worth.

Regards,
    TK

ABW Ambassador
    what webmistress said.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I must say, that sometimes I think that I chose the wrong topic.

The day I started newezone, back when it was called ez0ne.. I didn't know 'anything' about building websites.

I just jumped right in head first.

18 months later, and who knows how many sites I've made and deleted (that's one of my problems I am just starting to get over now).. I have realised that all this time, the traffic I have been attracting were 1 step ahead/more experienced than me anyway!

..so not only have I selected a monority group, but I have buckleys or none of them signing up for anything that would help me to prosper online.

Yes, TK - I have signed up with Clix Galore, and I have a 100% commission affiliate program in place, but I can't seem to get the word out even about that!

webmistress, your name sounds familiar. I think I have read 100's of your emails over the last 12 months, unless there's another "webmistress" out there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Your advice sounds logical, because obviously no one can explain to me how I can succeed lol..

I think that what I will do is create yet ANOTHER site that has 100's of affiliate links on it. (opposed to the conclusion that I have come to that 2 cent click are completely worthless)! ..but If I can get traffic, it may not be so worthless.

I have had advice from a young Indian friend of mine "Pranav Chavda" now doubt you all know him - lol..

He says that I should use these links, but make a small write-up (mini ad) with them. That sound's logical, because then I can get search traffic along with it, and people have more of an idea/incentice to click.

I think that on the front end of the site, I should have a whole heap of garbage about Britney Spears, and WWF, and Pokemon, and anything else thats searched like CRAZY... That should get me some eyeballs!

I have worked SO damn hard in the last 18 months, but I still haven't made enough to buy a hamburger :/

I will get there, I know. I will never give up.. I have gone too far to turn back, but I am just starting to get really uncomfortable with the question "WHEN"???

MrLeN

MrLeN

If you don't mind please give me an example of a product that you want sold.

Do you have anything with residual income? ie hosting

Yes, I have a new web hosting at http://www.triorbit.com

I have even offered a 100% commission affiliate program, which means that I willpay affilaites the WHOLE first months advertised hosting price.

I have also started contacting large sites, offering a resuidaul commission plan, on TOP of the 100% affiliate program.

I just can't seem to get the word out.

I have submitted to search engines, addeded it to hosting directories, I have it advertised on my other sites, I have mailed my mailing lists, and I have asked all my online firnds, and aquaintances.

1 month later, I have 1 customer still.

There MUST be an easier way. It costs me so much to keep all my sites up and running, that I don't have a whole lot left for advertising.

So, I have tried free advertsiing such as safelists, promoneymail, yahyahfindit, herculist, and I even paid to join promoneymail.

I have come to the conclusion that safelists suck!

I also paid for membership at hutpulse, and webmasterquest, RIObot, hotresponders, createwealthclub and Submit-it. ..and I am a member of startblaze, exitblaze, listpower, bannersgomlm, text traffic, recommend-it, freevisits and the list GOES ON AND ON, and my bank accounts are getting emptier and emptier!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

MrLeN

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think that on the front end of the site, I should have a whole heap of garbage about Britney Spears, and WWF, and Pokemon, and anything else thats searched like CRAZY... That should get me some eyeballs!

I have worked SO damn hard in the last 18 months, but I still haven't made enough to buy a hamburger
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, now go back and reread webmistress' post, cause you didn't get it! She told you exactly what to do.....
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You pick a product that folks are searching for. If the competition isn't stiff, you go for it.

You find a merchant that looks at all trustworthy who sells it.

You make your page of pre-sell ad copy and get it to rank well in the search engines or pay for inclusion or pay per click.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the problem with trying to teach people how to do what we do is that it is assumed to be much more difficult than it actually is.

Now, 1. pick a product people are searching for. 2. Build a site selling that product. 3. Optimize for SE's & submit to inktomi or use PPC.....

rinse and repeat... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, Mr. LeN, you're on my newsletter list :cool: . You were one of the first to sign up, thanks!

But I certainly haven't sent out hundreds of emails yet. I think it might even be under 20. Oh, you may be on the Amazon list, where I have posted as well, perhaps.

There certainly are others who go by "webmistress", as often I can't get that screen name on boards or logins. Oh well, I'm not the only one to wants a non-politically correct gender-specific screen name.

I have been trying to post newsletters more often. Gives me a chance to work on a different venue, and keep in touch with site visitors. Never miss a chance to get the content site to pay its own server fees!

But don't go for the massively searched, highly competitive, not well targetted keywords like pokemon and Britney Spears. Choose something more focused, narrower target audience.

Then follow what Ms. Mary Sunshine said [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now, 1. pick a product people are searching for. 2. Build a site selling that product. 3. Optimize for SE's & submit to inktomi or use PPC.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and of course, lather, rinse, repeat. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One of the first hey? ...FIGURES! lol

Oh, and after looking at your website, I know you! I spoke to you yonks ago, and we made a link exchange [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

..your site was a bit different then [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(Oops, better get that link back up before she see's it isn't there)..

Thanks for your help everyone. I think I'll just have to wait until this intuition thing kicks in.

I am building another site though (Started it yesterday). It has absolutely no content yet, but I am pretty proud of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

the directory and forum are harly configured properly.. I need to make them red, and align them better - but it's coming along.
    http://www.superiorsubmit.com

I am gonna make heaps of information there about how to submit sites to search engines. That's one thing I know how to do, and if I had a better 'theme' I reckon that my sites could possible be visited more often [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hey, and I have to recommend something! It is a template organiser thingy for a website. Up until now, I have always made my websites with the use of Search and Replace, if I needed anything done. ..but soemtimes I want to change one thing, and I have to open S&R and run it on EVERY page, and open FTP and stuff around all day.. Pah!

(..and I try not to use SSI.. it's a pain in the rear for some things).

..but now, I have found a brilliant script! It doesn't make sites for you.. You still have to know how to to HTML and CSS of your own, and stuff - but I have found this script absolutely fantastic!

You can just add, edit and delete pages with a very simple web based admin. You just make the html like normal, in an editor, and paste the content in. I really love it, so I just have to mention it. It's a REAL time saver, and the best thing is that it is SO easy to install that a chimpanzee could do it _ AND it's totally FREE! I can't believe it.

I HIGHLY recommend this script for absolutely everyone that sees this link. Don't think, just download. I'm sure you could use it for 'something'.

Hmmmm.. *haha*, I didn't even intend on posting that, and it's taken up most of the post LOL

..but anyways - here's the link. GET ONE!
    http://www.nethersoft.net/free/template.shtml

MrLeN

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread