Anybody watching 'Heroes' on NBC?
    I'm not much of a TV guy, but I have to say that I'm HOOKED! The show is incredible so far and I find myself really looking forward to Monday to see the next episode. I never got on the 'Lost' bandwagon (and I somewhat regret it), but I wholly recommend this show.

Any other ABW'ers watching?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I missed this week's episode, had a band concert for my kids to attend. I wonder if they replay the episode on another night? The verdict is still out for me, but I think it has potential.

Still can't get enough of lost, though. I would like to see, for once, Sawyer beat the crap out of a dozen of those guys, he ALWAYS ends up getting beaten up, I mean jeeese, that poor fellow has got to be hurting.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ooo yes.

The end of this weeks episode I had to watch twice.
    Normally I dont get excited by new shows because if I do, they get cancelled but this one has critical support, viewer support fromwhat I hear and excellent writing.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Still can't get enough of lost, though. I would like to see, for once, Sawyer beat the crap out of a dozen of those guys, he ALWAYS ends up getting beaten up, I mean jeeese, that poor fellow has got to be hurting.
    no doubt lol

Between lost, heroes and jericho I am in my own little television nirvana
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Jericho?

>> heroes

Yeah, watching it, but not into it like I am into Lost (and 24, and even Prison Break)

We watched Lost Seasons 1 & 2 in a few weeks of marathon sessions just in time for this season. I have to say, it's much better watching 3 or 4 eposides at a time. I hate waiting a week between each.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    I missed this week's episode, had a band concert for my kids to attend. I wonder if they replay the episode on another night? The verdict is still out for me, but I think it has potential.

You can watch this week's episode on NBC.com Rewind. They show the current episode after it airs in case you miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    >> heroes

Yeah, watching it, but not into it like I am into Lost (and 24, and even Prison Break)

We watched Lost Seasons 1 & 2 in a few weeks of marathon sessions just in time for this season. I have to say, it's much better watching 3 or 4 eposides at a time. I hate waiting a week between each.
    I may have to do that. Everything I read about Lost makes it sound like I'm really missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlevine
    You can watch this week's episode on NBC.com Rewind. They show the current episode after it airs in case you miss it.
    You are my hero! Errr, uh, that didn't sound right. But, thanks!

I may have to check out Jericho, missed that one. Prison Break I miss most of the time, but I always enjoy it when I do see it.

I think they show it on Monday evenings, as well as Friday evenings at 7PM EST. I usually end up watching the one on Friday - and yeah, it's a pretty wicked show (love the "mirror woman"...).

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    I think they show it on Monday evenings, as well as Friday evenings at 7PM EST. I usually end up watching the one on Friday - and yeah, it's a pretty wicked show (love the "mirror woman"...).
    Yeah, I haven't quite figured that out...is she just a multiple personality type dealie, or what?

Many years ago, I always enjoyed reading a comic entitled "The Badger" ( 'The Badger Maims But He Doesn't Kill' ), about a Vietnam Veteran that talks to geese, and thought that would have been an interesting show to watch. But Heroes is a close second, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    Yeah, I haven't quite figured that out...is she just a multiple personality type dealie, or what?

Many years ago, I always enjoyed reading a comic entitled "The Badger" ( 'The Badger Maims But He Doesn't Kill' ), about a Vietnam Veteran that talks to geese, and thought that would have been an interesting show to watch. But Heroes is a close second, I guess!
    Your guess is as good as mine (I missed the last show, so I wonder if they revealed it then). I like women who can whoop some ass (like the two mob thugs she did in), so I'm sure she'll be my favorite in the show...

I have it set to record because no one else at my house likes it...can't imagine cause I think it is just marvelous!

I am also hooked on "Heroes." I'm not sure how it will age (that is, the gimmicks may be less compelling after 5-6 episodes) but it certainly has kept my attention so far.

Heroes is broadcast on both NBC and the SciFi channel (on different nights and times, and I think the SciFi channel shows it more than once). One of these channels advertised a 3-episode "marathon" this weekend, so you can probably "catch up."

My gosh, don't we all have DVRs (digital video recorders) by now? We use the Comcast (cable TV company) version, which has dual tuners so we can record two programs at once -- while also watching a recorded program. They charge $10 per month, including the box (but I think you need to subscribe to the "digital" service to get it, so your total out-of-pocket is something like $50 per month even before adding premium channels).

It now takes only 30-40 minutes to watch a one-hour program (since we can fast-forward through the commercials). That's a great time-saver.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Heroes is broadcast on both NBC and the SciFi channel (on different nights and times, and I think the SciFi channel shows it more than once). One of these channels advertised a 3-episode "marathon" this weekend, so you can probably "catch up."

It now takes only 30-40 minutes to watch a one-hour program (since we can fast-forward through the commercials). That's a great time-saver.

It's NBC this Sunday that's doing a "Heroes" marathon because there's no Sunday night football game. So anyone that's missed any or wants to get involved, this is the time to do it.

I also have the Comcast DVR and I love it. I can't remember the last time I watched someting "live" that wasn't a sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlevine
    I also have the Comcast DVR and I love it. I can't remember the last time I watched someting "live" that wasn't a sporting event.

Me too! I have 1.5 shows to catch up on, and I haven't seen the first episode!

And I'm so hooked, and I love my dvr

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah - it's pretty cool. I love their tagline: "Save the cheerleader, save the world"

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread