ABW Ambassador
    Confusion about Pending & Approved
    When I apply to join programs I get an email that reads like this:

This message is sent in response to your application for the affiliate marketing program of {Merchant}, managed by shareasale.com. This letter by itself is not an indication that you have been approved, or not-approved for the program. Please check your account online for approval status, or contact the merchant directly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for joining {Merchant} shareasale affiliate program. We look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship with every affiliate. Whether you send us 1 sale or 100 sales, your affiliate status is important to us. If there is anything that we can do for you to help facilitate your marketing, do not hesitate to contact us at shareasale.affiliate@{Merchant}.
    To me this is saying I have not been accepted yet and I will find out in the future if I'm accepted or not. This is also backed up by the fact I will get emails soon after from other merchants to confirm I have been accepted.

So I would think that the ones I have not received an email from must not have had time to approve me etc yet so I leave them for now and will come back to them in the future when I'm approved and add their links to my sites.

But I just checked sas now and these merchants who I have not received the confirmation email from are showing as approved? This is all very confusing and I think this system could be improved.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Funny, I actually just noticed the same thing myself yesterday! It's confusing because of some wording in the merchant interface, but we'll clean that up. Thanks!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks Carolyn
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Outsourced Program Manager
    acceptence letter
    Hi;

The merchant is free to write their own letter or they can use what SAS provides ( this one looks like they did just that). This first note is sent automatically when you sign up as an affiliate from the merchany via SAS. The note depends on if the merchant is on Auto approvall, (where you would most likely be approved within 1 hour) or if they are on Manual (as I am) then you receive a note thanking you for signing up and informing you that you will receive a response in XX hours/days.

After the merchant reviews your sign up they accept or decline and then you would receive a second note with the decision.

Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager

Fine Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby
    Gold, Silver & Platinum Jewelry

Richard@gemdreamz.com
    Gemdreamz.com
    Join Program

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
    After the merchant reviews your sign up they accept or decline and then you would receive a second note with the decision.

hi Richard, thanks for the post.

Now I think this is where the confusion is happening because as I mentioned I got a couple of merchants that sent me the confirmation letters with an hour or so. But I never got any email besides the first automated one (which is customized by each merchant slightly as pointed out).

This was yesterday so today I logged in to sas today and I see a number of the merchants that never sent the confirmation email on acceptance are showing in my account as approved. I also see a couple of others pending. So I would hate to think now after I have added all their links & details to my site that I would get a letter from them to say that we have now reviewed your site and we have decided to decline your participation etc. I can remember something like this happening in the past once or twice but most of the time I have not had the acceptance reversed after they review.

So my point here is that it should not display as accepted in the sas interface until the merchant has fully reviewed & accepted us.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    The big problem with it is, is that the merchants rarely send an email when they approve you a couple days later. What you have to do is check to see if your have been approved from time to time.

If you have been autoapproved you know as soon as you sign up and don't need an email. If not, you have to check online from time to time to see if you have been accepted. Either way the initial email is superfluous.

Although I can tell you, there is always a rejection letter.

approvals
    Here is the system

As a merchant You can set up as auto approve where as everyone is approved and you will ONLY get the first email thanking you for signing up and giving you links on where to go to get the links.

If your on Manual, as we are, when an affiliate signs up they get an automated reply via SAS saying thanks and your application will be reviewed.

Then the merchant can accept or decline you and then you will receive a second AUTO reply email telling you the decison. This is the way it works so if you get only one email accepting you you can be assured they are on auto approval.

Hope this helps.

Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager

Fine Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby
    Gold, Silver & Platinum Jewelry

Richard@gemdreamz.com
    Gemdreamz.com
    Join Program

There seems to be a problem because i have had a few of my partners complaining that they havent received the auto approval mail. I think there is a problem on SAS's end I mailed Michael about it. Im sure they will work on fixing it soon.

If you have signed up on Auto approval merchants the email should be sent out to you in say a maximum of 5 mins, after sign up on a auto approval merchant the status should reflect in a couple of minutes, you should check that incase you dont receive a mail.

But incase even that status doesnt change...then there is a Big problem
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Yes, it also could be that the email's are sent out by SAS BUT the receivers email program considered them SPAM, (this has happend to some of my affiliates) and then trashed. ;-(

@ Richard, i applied for my own program twice to check. I get the apply email, the approved one doesnt come.
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Micheals sais they only send out the apply email for people on auto deposite so my bad

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread