ABW Ambassador
    Angry Norm Thompson Commission Decrease to 2%
    I just received an email from Norm Thomson telling me that they were decreasing their commission to 2% for all affiliates.

Did anyone else get this? I was wondering if I received it, because I've been inactive for the past few months.

I'm upset that I just bothered putting a whole bunch of my links on a new fashion website. The program has converted for me in the past - but at 2% - why bother.

I just emailed their Performics rep that I'm pulling my links off and replacing them with competing links. I'm so glad that when I create pages now, I design them to be generic and not merchant specific. So I can trade out merchants who do this.

Lily

What was the commission level at before the descrease (just wondering)?

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    It was 5 or 6 percent. It wasn't much, but the program did convert very well at Christmas and the clothes aren't cheap. So it added up.

Ok. Thanks, A.L. So we're talking some 50-60%+ commission decrease... Interesting.

G.

Angry
    They were at 6%. Now they are moving to 2% starting Oct. 31. I guess they want their affiliates to promote someone else!

Yes, I saw the 2% line in the email and started a search and destroy mission for their links even before I read the 2nd line that I'd be dropped if I hadn't driven any business this year. Offhand I don't know if I did any business or not, but I won't be fer sure starting tomorrow...

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Actually it sounds to me like they have an internal belief that if they drop commissions 60% affiliates will still promote them because you want to have their name and products. Sometimes merchants take their importance too seriously - they become bigger than life?

I like your response - pull their links and promote someone else. If they don't need affiliates they will do fine without them. If they need affiliates and lose them because they made it worthless, they will learn.
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; October 20th, 2006 at 12:26 AM. Reason: typo
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Sometimes merchants take their importance too seriously - they become bigger than life?
    Good point. How soon they forget that even the mighty can fall from grace.

Next thing you know, they'll be telling you to pay THEM for the priviledge of promoting their exquisite better than sliced bread products.

Got the same email. Screw them.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    Got the same email. Screw them.
    Post #9 in the "As Affiliate I Hate..." thread.

G.

ABW Ambassador
    They have also expired their 10% off links. So, you get to promote them with no special offers for your visitors, and get a big cut in commission. Now, there's an incentive!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread