Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Google profits nearly double in 3Q
    The Mountain View search engine said that its third-quarter profit nearly doubled to $733.4 million ($2.36 per share), from $381.2 million ($1.32) a year ago.
    WOW! I am still kicking myself for not buying large amounts of stock in them when I had the chance!

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...GUELSCIE24.DTL
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I knew they would!! With the many changes they have implemented for advertisers the past 6 months, our ppc cost for other programs we promote have gone up about 30% - so a higher profit report is no surprise, albeit a reflection of my increased costs to advertise.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    WOW! I am still kicking myself for not buying large amounts of stock in them when I had the chance!
    Hehehee. No kicks here.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=43

:-)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *Goes into bunker to try to endure an ensuing round of people illogically thinking that Goog's AD-DRIVEN results somehow translate into them knowing what should be in the FREE serps*

Ditto Donuts!!! Don't like spending more on advertising but love the stock!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Leader, huh?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats on your good stock pickin' Donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Leader, huh?
    Oh...my previous post wasn't aimed at anyone specifically. I was just thinking that since G's doing well financially, some people--no one in particular--will think that everything G does is perfect. Then when I say that G doesn't know what searchers want in the free SERPs, they'll try to use the stock price as evidence to the contrary.

But to me the earnings increase just says they know how to sell ads very well, especially since the majority of the results came from an increase in ad revenue.

Speaking of that, since ads are bringing in so much revenue vs. licensing the search results, I wonder what long-term plans they have for the engine they're famous for...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I just read
    "almost entirely because of one advertiser- dadamobile.com"

Dadamobile is being sued by the FTC is all 50 states in this country, but as its headquarters are in italy they manage to keep operating with hundreds of shell corporations.

You go to one of thier sites, under a thousand different domain names but all owned by dadamobile, enter your cellphone number for your "free" ringtone, then find yourself subscribed to a 20 dollar per month ringtone "plan" that you cannot unsubscribe from.

You suck.

I guess I cannot be too unhappy...my stocks steadily go up higher than inflation, so I may be able to retire by the age of 142
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Matt, we'll spend some of my money at the bar the next time we party together. :-)

Leader, yep, the google disciples and google sycophants are annoying lil bastards. G can and does do wrong at times. G is the ppc leader today, that's all - and their stock price reflects that. Pretty much the whole story right there.

Matt - Having bought in on the initial offering, I have a few shares I'd sell you at a pre-arranged inflated price! Maybe I could write a call option just for you - then you can retire when you are 141....

Matt, we'll spend some of my money at the bar the next time we party together. :-)
    Nice! Honestly, how in the heck can I pass up drinks with Donuts?

I do wish I could figure out this YouTube thing though. As a stockholder, that would scare me.

The fact is though, that their core business model is almost perfect. The ads with the highest CTR get shown more...they make more money...and serve the customers best which means they come BACK to ads with higher CTR and make even more money!

Overture's business model just simply does not lend itself to long-term success...and the market share and revenue losses show it.
    Matt McWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Matt - Having bought in on the initial offering, I have a few shares I'd sell you at a pre-arranged inflated price! Maybe I could write a call option just for you - then you can retire when you are 141....
    You suck too Alan, but thanks for the offer
    Matt McWilliams

WELL MY profits didn't double with Google. Something wrong with that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    WELL MY profits didn't double with Google. Something wrong with that picture.
    No kidding. Ours have gone up thankfully, but only because our marketing guys got better at what they do.
    Matt McWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    You suck too Alan, but thanks for the offer
    I just noticed this post Matt. You truly cut me deep man..... I buy you breakfast and drinks in Chicago - then when I'm not looking, you thrust the dagger of indignity into my back!!

OK Alan...sell me all of your Google stock for its original price and you don't suck anymore

Just kidding bud. I think all people who bought Google suck since I did not. And by suck...I mean "smarter than me"
    Matt McWilliams

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    At least with all the vested interest the key Google employee millionaires have in making the stock & revenue surge to new highs... Their motivated enough to seek out ways to shore up Ad revenue by whacking some shady syndication partners. Curn out interest in Google Checkout and then create showcase GC merchant stores of the proven winners. I've gotten a few calls this week from some of those Google vested interest department managers. Seems someone there has to solidify additional revenue sources as the head weenies there shell out huge bucks for Eyeballs.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread