http://www.msnbc.com/news/772330.asp

that says it all. if im not mistaken, isnt worldcom hawking cell service thru many affiliate programs??

i do know they peddle thru gozing and a few others...

looks like it may be curtains!

Ever heard of the "boy who cried wolfe" story?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Pud's got them twice on his frontpage..they are toast. 3.7 billion in fraudulant overstatement of income in 2001-002 also seals Andersons fate since they helped Ebbers & Co. cook the books Enron style. I'm sure the whole cellphone -Telcom and phone card industry will cut affiliate payments to the bone to make payroll.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Pud's got them twice on his frontpage..they are toast. 3.7 billion in fraudulant overstatement of income in 2001-002 also seals Andersons fate since they helped Ebbers & Co. cook the books Enron style. I'm sure the whole cellphone -Telcom and phone card industry will cut affiliate payments to the bone to make payroll.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cut them to the bone??

doubtful.

i say theyll just disappear faster than a 60 day old ebay lead

If this results in an end to the seemingly endless barrage of MCI telemarketers calling me, than woohoo! I'll miss those poor saps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:
    If this results in an end to the seemingly endless barrage of MCI telemarketers calling me, than woohoo! I'll miss those poor saps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

drats, i only get the AT&T ones and damn are they persistent!

I used to get telemarketer calls from AT&T. They'd tell me how much I'd save (guaranteed!) if I switched, and I'd tell them I'm already using AT&T.
    They'd ignore that and try to convince me to switch.
    I gave up - my phone stays unplugged unless I'm about to make a call or somebody tells me they're gonna call at such-and-such a time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaybat:
    I used to get telemarketer calls from AT&T. They'd tell me how much I'd save (guaranteed!) if I switched, and I'd tell them I'm already using AT&T.
    They'd ignore that and try to convince me to switch.
    I gave up - my phone stays unplugged unless I'm about to make a call or somebody tells me they're gonna call at such-and-such a time.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, i can say this...
    ive cashed plenty of those switch to at$t checks in my day!

ABW Ambassador
    When worldcom was a CJ merchant (for all of two weeks) I signed up and then signed up for their business long distance.

They would not sign my company up for their long distance until we gave them our bank account numbers, bank contact and all credit card and other outstanding debt info. For $20 of long distance a month? Give me a break.

I cancelled, still got the commission from CJ.

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Want to bet that info would be sold to other telemarketing firms?
    "They would not sign my company up for their long distance until we gave them our bank account numbers, bank contact and all credit card and other outstanding debt info. For $20 of long distance a month? Give me a break."

Even the Russian moffia is willing to pay for those tidbits.

Can you say adios to Worldcom...LOL...and it
    dosen't make a difference eh...it only took 5 minutes for the the Stock Market to open down 180 points...telecom trashed.

Question is who loaned all the dough to the telecoms - could be your local bank or public retirement entity.

Why is the stock price important? Because the loan covenants have valuation clauses which if the stock goes below X, the bank can call the loans and that is usually the kiss of death because paying the banker leaves no money to pay anyone else.

Get your free stock - well not today but soon enough.

Only good thing about it is Bill Gross, Sam Gerace et al lost more money and will lose even more.

Karma rules.

Lucent is now $1.68 - who would have ever thought Bell Labs - the greatest research lab in history could be bought for chump change.

Seriously, DumbYa is going to be taxed to the limit of his mental capabilities with this mess.

Compared to fighting a few frito banditos in Afganland, this stuff is really serious and you had better not zig when you should zag and you really need to know the difference.

Add to this the election year and the political fight over the debt ceiling and the as my friend Forrest Gump says - the you know what has happened and will continue to do so for the near future.

The environment for getting revenge on the scumware, theiving merchants and adnetworks is going to get REAL FRIENDLY real soon.

Worldcom has $30 Billion in Bonds that are outstanding - presently these Bonds are trading at $.12 on the dollar.

And Worldcom is the tip of the iceberg. When all the sh*t hits the fan, come the 2004 Presidential election DumbYa couldn't get elected for anything even if he wass passing out money and pardons at a prison.

How do you spell Depression?

Worldcom stock haulted at $.23 per share.

YeeHA - bombs away.

Martha Stewart on the hot seat - the gov is looking to go the same route as with Anderson - LOL

Couldn't happen to a nicer (euphamism for female dog.)

Karma rules.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Professor:
    Only good thing about it is Bill Gross, Sam Gerace et al lost more money and will lose even more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But when it's all over, they will still have more money than I will ever see in my entire lifetime.

Get Rid of telemarketers,
    Just ask to be removed from their list.
    It relly works!

Hey Jay...

Why do you think that? Opportunites are everywhere for people who are willing to
    take advantage of them...but you have to believe you can do it before it will ever happen.

I was talking about the tens of millions those parasites are gonna end up with - not many opportunities for that out there. But, if you wanna do it:

1. Weasel your way to the top of an existing corporation and then change the corporate charter to set aside $50 million or so for you and your cronies at the top as a goodbye gift in case the company fails (they'll all agree to that idea). Proceed to murder the company - hire too many employees, make "stupid" decisions, etc. Eventually, you a) announce massive layoffs, and b) announce bankruptcy, which frees the $50 million severance. In most cases, you'll even be kept on as an over-paid "consultant" who does nothing but collects more money as the company is disolved or reorganized.

Perfect example: Polaroid

2) Create your own company, putting yourself and your cronies at the top. Obviously much easier and faster, only problem with this is finding stupid venture capitalists (they're still out there, they just don't have as much money to throw around anymore - maybe Britney Spears?). Set up the severance package, hire too many employees and buy a bunch of foosball tables. The combination of the employees ecstasy over their stock options and foosball will keep them from realizing nobody is really producing anything (except for that one guy in the computer room, and nobody is sure if he even exists). Then, as above, proceed to murder the company. Layoff everybody, declare bankruptcy and the $50 million in severance is yours, all legal.

Perfect example: well, any dotcom that disappeared over the last few years.

3. Start your own religion.

What's the big problem with these three methods to untold, totally undeserved wealth? In a word, conscience.

I can't say I have any morals, but I do have ethics - I guess that's close enough to keep me out of any of this stuff.

But here's an idea to think about - if corporations are considered legal entities, why don't these bozo ceo's and presidents get charged with murder when they do this? Even if it was reduced to manslaughter, the big benefit would be they wouldn't be allowed to profit from their crime (bye-bye $50 million!).

That's just a stupid comment I had to throw in, everything above that paragraph I'm serious about.

ya, all this and NOW the freaking pledge of allegiance is unconstitutional!

>pledge of allegiance

yeah, I saw elsewhere posted that it was basically a trivial matter.

Unfortunately, there are about a million trivial matters that make up what we know as America - delete them and what's left?

Well, "it's only california" - myself, I'd leave the country before living there (if that was the choice).

Worldcom opened at 7 cents per share on volume of over 750 million share...hmmm...that means someone bought
    750 million shares as well as sold that many.

Looks like some big time players are going to
    make a game out of it...buy as many of the bonds as they can at 15 cents on the dollar or less, then buy up shares so you can control the board...then declare bankruptcy so they can keep the $3.5 billion in cash Worldcom has and blow out the junk businesses
    and force the rest of the debtors to settle for cheap stock in lieu of the bonds they hold.

Debtors really have no choice...go along with the plan or lose all your dough.

Ah, the wonders of corporate finance.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread