Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    ScalesEtc
    Just doing a bit of Due Diligence.

Does anyone have any negative reports associated with this domain name? I tried looking in G...nothing in the cache and no mentions other than on a couple of lists that said it had expired.

Wayback Machine...nothing.

So I thought I'd check here before making any major moves (beyond having bought the name). It seems strange to me that such a great domain was just out there for the takin'...

Oh and if anyone runs and looks at it now, what they'll see is "This is the placeholder for domain scalesetc.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file."

Which is a correct assumption by the server software.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Not anything offhand, the same thing you're seeing that somebody had it and let it expire ealier this year.

It says your plesk SSL is expired!

Not sure if that means anything.
    Last edited by Trust; October 20th, 2006 at 02:03 PM.

Cool
    enjoy!

It says your plesk SSL is expired!

Not sure if that means anything.
    That's nothing, the "plesk" is a "dummy" certif that just keeps my server login secure (for when I log into the server interface). It just makes the encryption kick in but doesn't do anything else. So when it "expired" I just ignored that.

Irritatingly, the whois manages to pick up its presence and its expired status. What sucks worse is that for ages, the whois showed that for GoodBulbs even though it doesn't use that certif. Some whois-es may still, for all I know...

The GoodBulbs shopping cart has its own, real, SSL certif. So no worries.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Okay, looks like it passes the ABW Acid Test!

Now to feed my new addiction!
    ScalesEtc's not even up yet, so no point in getting more specific about it now, although the name pretty much says what's going to be on it.

Why a new merchant site? Cuz it was an agony of anticipation waiting a whole year for bulb season to come back! So I decided to look for a product that can sell all year. And when I saw the box my shipping scale came in, there it was, obvious as day...

Now I have to eat a sombrero-sized serving of Hat, which I said I'd eat if I thought being a merchant was more fun, worth the w*rk, etc etc etc. But it is! Some people long ago argued that I wouldn't mind the w*rk if it was MY PLACE and I had told them they were all wet, etc.

Well okay, yeah, from GoodBulbs I found out that it's indeed WAY DIFFERENT when it's my place after all! Kind of like the difference between the taste of detergent and chocolate! Every box that goes out = ChaChing, not 1c's worth of a $6/hr "lousy packing job."

*eats hat with a side order of crow*

Talking
    well, it's either going to be measuring devices or fish scales

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread