Lightbulb Regarding dsteitz's server hack
    This morning I have made some PMs back and forth with dsteitz.

Still no proof, but he was willing to disclose the web hosting company and his server number. I will not post those info due to liability reasons.

I called the hosting company and spoke to Malcolm at VPS support.

I described the situation and who I am. He seemed to be familiar with this issue. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes to speak to his supervisor.

When he came back, he simply said the account has been closed. They will not / refused do business with dsteitz anymore.

He also said he is unwilling and can not provide any explanation nor comment.
    I asked him what does it take to get more information... he said it would take a court order to do so.

So that part of the investigation was done and has hit the wall.

Conclusions:

1. Whatever happened has caused the hosting company to feel insecure and closed the account for good and refused to do business with dsteitz.

2. The only person who knows and can provide more information as to what happened is dsteitz himself.

3. Knowing that the account is a VPS (virtual private server) using Plesk, I do not think their software is flawed enough to allow hacker ruin other clients' data/information. So what caused the hosting company to feel they need to stop doing business with dsteitz?

4. Several things can happen, but I believe (my own opinion) whatever happened also affected other parties which cause liability for the hosting company. Or perhaps the hosting company themselves may be at fault?

5. I called and indicated that I was the accused, Malcolm did not even ask for my name nor my number or anything. It strike me strange to think if a hosting company indeed suspect a hack and they have terminated one of their client's account, the fact that I mention I was accused as the hacker they would have more interest to ask me questions. But no, I did all the question and Malcolm did not want to comment on anything. Strange? no. It is bizzare!

Common sense tells me there are probably more information gaps we all need to know to get to the bottom of this.

Where do we proceed from here?

I guess we will wait for dsteitz's response. I am personaly interested to hear more details about what exactly happened. More importantly I am sure the web hosting company has a good reason to terminate the business relationship. What is that reason?

What the hacker did is very important because it can be used to judge whether it is something that is beneficial personaly for me or my company.

Haiko closed the other thread because it was getting "ridiculous". I agree with him.

Focus on the investigation without the accussation part. Let's just get to the bottom of this.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Administrator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Admin Note: Thread Title changed from "Urgent Trust Issue" to a less dramatic and more applicable "When I find Proof".

Just for laughs. When I first saw that thread title, my reaction was, ooooh what has Trust gotten himself into this time?

Hahaha...

The title was not always ...Trust...
    Somebody changed it one of the moderator I guess.

I wish I am not the one accused. :-)

I was just trying to help somebody to increase my reputation at ABW, but I got shot in the leg. Now I am injured who is going to pay for the medical bills and my disabilities?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by DataFeedFile.com
    I wish I am not the one accused. :-)
    who benefits from the exposure?

Exposure? Maybe.

Bad publicity based on unsupported accusations? For Sure.

We are still working on getting to the bottom of this case to clear our name.

Waytogo

Everyone who posts on this thread had exposures, what's your point, applesauce?

As over the weekend I have noticed DataFeedFile.com has multiple hours of website errors and speed drag, I know it is not my connection because I have also tried at an internet cafe. Beside DataFeedFile.com is moving, it can't be down for so long even today it is running very slow. Might I sugguest possibility of the accuser is taking revenge on DataFeedFile.com by sending massive meaningless traffics towards DataFeedFile.com and slow down their internet and servers. It must be that guy, dsteitz, timing fits perfectly. He wanted revenge and now he'd gotten it.

If this accusation was in court, the dsteitz's behind will be bruise for months. It is ridiculous to even have gone this far.

Just watch out for this guy named dsteitz. He is a person that calling for help from falling down and when one samaritan tried to pull him up and he hit that samaritan back with a rock claiming the smaritan tried to rob him because the smaritan's hand out to help is too close to his wallet and his wallet fell out and some coins roll down to the ditch. Adding more, some padestrians on the passing by without close examination even immediately siding the fell down person and also accuse the smaritan and ask why.

Can anyone see how ridiculous that is? If Andrew did not reply because he is very busy with moving and all and many people claimed Andrew may be guilty. Well, I have not see A A A proof or continuation from dsteitz, what does this make him? Opps, he is wrong?

3 posts. Curious how they are all related.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

3 posts. Curious how they are all related.
    And curious how they all sound like Haiko. Either that, or somebody who learned to spell at the same skool.

Applesauce anyone?

ABW Ambassador
    It does not sound like English is the native language. Just an idle observation, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Applesauce.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't recall Haiko moving across the country, and I don't think he'd bother to spoof his IP for this...

And it's easy for anyone to say "applesauce," just like it's easy to stick "Rolex" on a watch, that doesn't make it the genuine article.
    Although the use of the word does make it highly likely that it's a longtime member (or at least reader) and not really some newb.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Something is really smelling foul here....3 posts making crazy accusations very suspiscious....
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ABW Ambassador
    There's a bunch of horsehockey going on here (and no, I am NOT Haiko), and though I have NO opinion, all this is eroding trust by the minute so I'd suggest that schill apologists go quiet and keep the applesauce out of sight along with the rest of the traif.

schill
    hehe you've got your Haikoisms down pat.

It's S-H-I-L-L

ABW Ambassador
    Ahhh... I had the German spelling but here's what comes up with Google search for shill

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ll&btnG=Search

I kind of like these in that list:

Term for a biased fan, or employee of a wrestling company, who's inability to criticize or disagree with anything that person's favourite promotion does ultimately negates their credibility.
    www.kehoe73.freeserve.co.uk/infoterms.htm

... and especially like this one:

A shill is an associate of a person selling a good or service, who pretends no association and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers, unaware of the set-up, to purchase said good or service.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
    As I've said I've got no opinion, but it would seem wise for some folks to quit while they're (dubiously) ahead instead of continuing to make matters worse.
    Last edited by webworker; October 27th, 2006 at 04:04 AM.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Moses parted the Red Sea. Oppenheimer split the atom. Chocolate Chicken is here to cut the crap.

Great sig!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ape tu? where's dsteitz?

It was not me, unlike you I don't need multiple aliases, never have and never will.

Speaking of which, which one are you selecting? I will no longer allow your multiple aliases. I will also merge all your previous postings into this single alias.

If you try to register any further or other aliases they will be deleted.

BTW why did you derail this thread? HMMMM doesn't look like your cutting, but, making more CRAP!

Lastly for the last time if it or I am sooo damn bad, then I ask that you leave!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread