Online Marketing Consultant
    Data Tran
    Has anyone had any luck with using datatran as an affiliate?

They broke off of cj and refuse to rejoin so they contacted me and want to set up a program seperate from our affiliate program.

Has anyone used them?

They are the e-mail blasters out of Austin Texas.

ABW Ambassador
    What kind of email blasters? For your opt in newsletter?

no, they blast out ads for you and they say their lists are all opt in and they have a B2B one that would work for us but I am sketchy on it so I am hoping to find some other people who have used them.

ABW Ambassador
    "they say their lists are all opt in"

Well I don't know the company but I would only send out email to my opt in subscribers. If someone gets some mail that they didn't opt in for, from you, you might have some CAN-SPAM problems.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hm, this site I found in G* mentions a "Datran" corporation in an article, but the story's URL says "datatran..."

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._datatran.html

Says Spitzer sued their butt off for buying emails off those "free ipod" type sites, and made them destroy those lists as well as pay a $1 million settlement.

Looking at the site "datran.com" it seems that they have nothing to do with email, so the sued party is likely indeed "datatran.com" (which just has some parked-page like setup showing on it).

* I make no representations as to the reliability of the site, it's just the one that came up under "datatran spammers" (with no quotes) in G and looked the most relevant.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Hm, this site I found in G* mentions a "Datran" corporation in an article, but the story's URL says "datatran..."

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._datatran.html

Says Spitzer sued their butt off for buying emails off those "free ipod" type sites, and made them destroy those lists as well as pay a $1 million settlement.

Looking at the site "datran.com" it seems that they have nothing to do with email, so the sued party is likely indeed "datatran.com" (which just has some parked-page like setup showing on it).

* I make no representations as to the reliability of the site, it's just the one that came up under "datatran spammers" (with no quotes) in G and looked the most relevant.

That is the same company who has been calling me. Thank you for the article, I have now made my decision =0)

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread