Question AdWords not showing ads
    Yes, I looked at the Google help and ran the diagnostic tool. It said the reason was that it was not high enough in the rank to show on the first page.

But when I did the estimate it said it was position 1 - 3. I did the search more sponsored links at the bottom of the search page and I eventually saw it. Just never had an estimate that far off. Others did not have a second page to search. I just wasn't there.

Could it be because it's a new site? Google's got to check it out or something?

Or is keyword bidding just that much higher this time of the year? (I need to bid more?)

Be patient?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I've never put too much into the estimates because I've never found them to be too accurate. Maybe others have different experiences.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I spoke with google yesterday on this very issue Johnny. The analytic tool may show that the ad is not being shown, and yet your placement in results on the G search engine might actually be 4 - 8.

The site I was calling them about has been running on adwords for four years, and so I was understandably curious about the conflict in the analytics message and actual positioning. I had also gone on the G engine and entered keywords in actual searches, which verified positions of 3 - 8 for over 30 key terms - so I was baffled. I think my google rep was too.

The rep told me that the analytics tool is constantly running assumption scenarios and that it can vary from one hour to the next. He also told me that in early september they made some substantial changes in their content network partners. The bottom line he offered was that if the tool says a given term is not showing ads, to do an actual search to confirm the position shown on the report page. I also raised content bids as they informed me that with their recent changes, on content sites they may only have 3 positions availiable, and that content bids would need to be high enough to gain the top three on content search.

Hope this helps - but you can also call google and talk to a rep.

Good Luck
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I went through one set of sponsored links and was six page down. People must be bidding a fortune right now. I also read that they only have 11 spots now. I seem to remember it having lots more than 11 on one page.

No, they generally have abut 11 per page. I suspect bids are higher right now for two reasons: quality score and time of year.

If your site has a lower quality score, you have to raise bids to get position, and / or improve the relevance of your site. They are taking it to the next level and it's requiring much more attention to all aspects. You can contact them and discuss your account to see what they suggest. You can also request analytics prepare a proposal that would raise your positions.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I raised my bid and saw my ads. I'm only testing it now though. Can't take it very long.

Thanks.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Position is determined by quality score and bid, work on the quality score.

I would but I'm not sure why my ads would have a low quality score. Is the score based on the ad copy or the website?

Both. You should read up on G's information about quality score. I also recommend calling them to discuss your account with a rep. Good luck

The only reason I don't call is because I don't want them to peg me as an affiliate site.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread