View Poll Results: Does anyone Buy web visitor or hit?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

4 66.67%
    Does anyone Buy web visitor or hit?
    Does anyone Buy web visitor or hit?...It is far more cheaper than PPC..

So guy does anyone buy it and what your opinion bout it?

------------------------------------
    ADDED: I am refering to tragetted visitor, US visitor, Untargetted visitor..
    Last edited by zx88; October 21st, 2006 at 04:16 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    The important thing is to get on-topic, targeted traffic. Things like traffic exchange programs are just junk, but a well placed ad on a relevant site can send some good targeted traffic - sometimes.

ic ic...recently some offer targetted US visitors too.. so what do you think? is it worth it?>

ABW Ambassador
    Depends on where it's from. If it's from one of those places that says something along the lines of 50,000 targetted hits is just one hour, pay me now kind of deal, those places are usually scams. Tonight I was scouring:

http://www.adbrite.com/

Where you can pay money to have a text ad (and some other ads) on sites of your choosing. Do you have a link to the place you're talking about? We can tell you pretty quick if it's one of those scammy places. Like this nonsense:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=34075
    Last edited by Trust; October 21st, 2006 at 06:06 AM.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    So guy does anyone buy it and what your opinion bout it?
    It's junk. Doesn't convert. And sometimes it doesn't even really exist (it can be faked with a robot)!

You said it's "way cheaper than PPC." That tells me you're talking about bulk traffic. Or guaranteed traffic (aka guaranteed hits).

Guaranteed-traffic/bulk traffic "services" are crap, they often (if not always) just send robots (scripts) or paid clickers to hit your site, run up the counter, and then charge you.

Or they may pop your site up/under in a new window on a bunch of their sites. So each pageview those sites get = 1 "visitor" to your site (even though your site's in a popup/under that they either have popup-blocked or they manually close it without looking at it). So that's junk traffic, too.

Any "guaranteed" traffic volume is a problem. You need to ask yourself, "how can they be so sure the traffic will come?" The answer to that is usually either a robot script, or they use some way to bribe or outright force (like with popups/unders) uninterested people over to your site.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    It's junk. Doesn't convert. And sometimes it doesn't even really exist (it can be faked with a robot)!

You said it's "way cheaper than PPC." That tells me you're talking about bulk traffic. Or guaranteed traffic (aka guaranteed hits).

Guaranteed-traffic/bulk traffic "services" are crap, they often (if not always) just send robots (scripts) or paid clickers to hit your site, run up the counter, and then charge you.

Or they may pop your site up/under in a new window on a bunch of their sites. So each pageview those sites get = 1 "visitor" to your site (even though your site's in a popup/under that they either have popup-blocked or they manually close it without looking at it). So that's junk traffic, too.

Any "guaranteed" traffic volume is a problem. You need to ask yourself, "how can they be so sure the traffic will come?" The answer to that is usually either a robot script, or they use some way to bribe or outright force (like with popups/unders) uninterested people over to your site.

both, Bulk and guaranteed! erm..I hear some use pop up or under and some use search engine summission

I've bought only the "most qualified" and "highest quality" targetted US traffic before, and it equated to no sales, and nothing else for that matter, except to increase counts in my stat log.

There are some people out there that know how to turn that kind of traffic into money. I didn't think there was, until I saw a site being sold on SitePoint that did just that (using popups, banners, and other deals from companies that pay per exposure), if it was legit. Not my cup of tea, but I guess there is a way to do it.

Anyway, I've never had luck with it, and I honestly don't think it's possible to use this type of traffic with AM.

ABW Ambassador
    You can buy "late night" exit traffic for $5000 per 10 Million

Will it covert? Prolllly NOT.

late night? what that? ^.^

Don't do it.

Most traffic generators are simply web sites or services
    who offers money for people to have their computer on surfing pages.
    Also known as Auto Surfers.

JUNK TRAFFIC!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread