Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rich Jerk...anyone read it?
    Rich Jerk is an awesome book that's good for beginners. It offers about 10 or so ideas on how to make money from the net, affiliate programs, adsense and everything.

Most people here have probably read it but if you haven't I REALLY think you should.

One of the ideas is to create a content rich site with adsense adds on it. Then use a cheaper PPC program such as goclick so you it might only cost you 5c to get someone to the site but you might get 20c everytime someone clicks on your adsense ads.

ABW Ambassador
    Then use a cheaper PPC program such as goclick so you it might only cost you 5c to get someone to the site but you might get 20c everytime someone clicks on your adsense ads.
    Yah, it's arbitrage. But do some research on the lower-tier PPC engines and you'll see that they don't send appropriate traffic, if any, and there are sometimes questionable methods used to deliver questionable traffic.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Yeah.. seen that site before and literally, he is a jerk from the way he acts. Might be a marketing scheme. Apparently, people are raving about the amount of money they made but I have not seen much complaints yet..
    Here is what I found on the net bout his prog:
    - 10 ways to instantly create an affiliate website that sells like crazy.
    - How to make a fortune generating easy leads for dozens of online companies.
    - Why your sales letters suck and his convert like crazy.
    - How he kills ANY competition on Google Adwords, and pays less than them.
    - How his Adsense Ads have a 20% clickthrough rate.
    - How he earns an average of $1.00 or more from EVERY person that comes to his FREE websites.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal
    One of the ideas is to create a content rich site with adsense adds on it. Then use a cheaper PPC program such as goclick so you it might only cost you 5c to get someone to the site but you might get 20c everytime someone clicks on your adsense ads.
    The traffic from the 5cents is junk and fraud is very high.
    We worked with a 2nd tier Search engine, and we get like 100 clicks for "XYZ term". Contacted the Search engine but nothing was done to turn off the publisher. Although it cost less, you want to monitor it closely as they will pull a quick one over your

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    And that's the state of newbie "affiliate" marketing today.... Adsense Spam sites.... I don't call that affiliate marketing at all
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Pure TRASH from downunder

And that's the state of newbie "affiliate" marketing today.... Adsense Spam sites.... I don't call that affiliate marketing at all
    how true.

Unfortunately, I've already seen a combination of two horrendous forms of "affiliate marketing" splogs and adsense.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal
    That's an old idea!

What it doesn't say, is how AdSense can detect crap traffic and will lower the payout accordingly, but across your entire account! And how takes months to get the good payouts back even after a stinking 1-week test!

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    do some research on the lower-tier PPC engines and you'll see that they don't send appropriate traffic, if any, and there are sometimes questionable methods used to deliver questionable traffic.
    When I tried GoClick I got oodles of Romanian (and surrounding areas) traffic. JUNNNK!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    His obnoxiusness aside, his landing page is a hoot. "HaHa I'm better than you!" lol - he definitely knows how to relate to and manipulate the lower intellect market that is his target market.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

His obnoxiusness aside, his landing page is a hoot. "HaHa I'm better than you!" lol - he definitely knows how to relate to and manipulate the lower intellect market that is his target market.
    good way to look at it, if that's correct, then most of the affiliate marketers are in fact "get rich in a week" tire kickers. makes sense.

it's always a pyramid, few at the top, with a boatload at the bottom.

ABW Ambassador
    pyramid, few at the top
    I wouldn't call obnoxioius drivel exactly top of the pyramid.

I wouldn't call obnoxioius drivel exactly top of the pyramid.
    I was reffering to the "whales" otherwise known as super affiliates.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Googe's ppc changes hurt a lot of people, this crap is the reason they had to make those changes.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Googe's ppc changes hurt a lot of people, this crap is the reason they had to make those changes.
    You mean the changes where they started trying to charge like $1/click for everything? How could that be related to this? That change only hurts their own advertisers!

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    You mean the changes where they started trying to charge like $1/click for everything?
    Yep, exactly.

How could that be related to this?
    This advocates running ppc to pages with adsense - some call it arbitrage - and the consumer is ill served by the process of clicking on an ad to be taken to more ads for the same topic. So G now inspects landing pages and if you have adsense or other ads, in even minor excess, your quality score goes down and your costs go up. Legit affs who use to monetize with adsense on ppc landing pages, pages where the main attraction was something other than ads, are now penalized if they have any ads at all.

And the premise of this idea - in ebook or whatever - is now gone because Google will make sure your ppc costs are inflated by 10x+ - to stop cheesy arbitrage - and in the process, affecting legitimate sites with legit ads on their landing pages.

That change only hurts their own advertisers!
    There's a lengthy thread here by affiliates whowere negatively impacted. Those folks are publishers of ads (aka affiliates), not advertisiers.

Thank you for the expanded observations on this Donuts. Seems like Google is in a no lose situation here?

Seems like if they raise ppc requirements to deter the undesireable element, it negatively affects legit advertisers also, while Google revenues continue to rise? Or am I missing something else here? Thanks for any further input you or other old salts can share on this issue.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

The Jerk is promoting his product on many forums. Users with very few posts recommending the product - it seems like kind of obvious that it is from the company behind the product.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's usually newbies because a lot of those posts have affiliate id's attached to them. So they just forum jump, dropping their affiliate encoded links into as many forums as possible.

I read it last December. I thought it had a lot of great information that I gradually acted on as the year carried on. I think it is a great read for beginners. Since there are many more average affiliates than great affiliates and many more prospects than actual affiliates, this e-book has the potential to always be a consistent seller. Once you understand the basics, then it is time to move to something that challenge making more money in even less time. Nonetheless I saved it to my harddrive and referred back to it for about two months.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i would not buy the ebook but it's your $$

Google is your friend - read and learn

ABW Ambassador
    Don't we just love shills who troll forums, and believe every word they say.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Don't we just love shills who troll forums, and believe every word they say.
    Right on Rh

I read one issue and have to say it did have a few good ideas in there for beginners. The tactics that he tells you to use are the same tactics he's trying on his readers, but I suspect it works.

I believe anything is a good read if I can get 1 idea out of it.

Rich Jerk Update
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

they really put too much "Jerk" in there this time...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast