4 sales from 4 different locations
    Is there any rule that the affliate should get 4 sales from 4 different locations of the world in order to receive commissions for his sales ?

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by innominds
    Is there any rule that the affliate should get 4 sales from 4 different locations of the world in order to receive commissions for his sales ?
    I have never heard of this one......BUT.......
    Did you read the TOS of the merchant or network????
    How much distance is required between these locations???
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Thanx Witzer for your comment, but i'm sorry that i don't have the required information to answer you.

"In compliance with US law, ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until it contains standing sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers, including at least..."
    http://www.clickbank.com/accounting.html

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "US Law" huh? That sounds like something they just dreamed up. Funny how no other place has this requirement, if it's a "law..."

In compliance with US law, ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until it contains standing sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers, including at least one Visa card, and one MasterCard.
    I just thought the whole clause should be quoted because it's even more ridiculous when seen in its entirety. Granted, after 5 sales there usually is at least one of each kind of card used. But not always (sometimes it's all Visas or [less commonly] all MCs), and that's just normal statistical variation.

Sounds to me like some idiot got loose, either over there or at the CC companies, and they decided to say it's a "US Law" to deflect criticism.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    "US Law" huh?
    Sounds to me like some idiot got loose, either over there or at the CC companies, and they decided to say it's a "US Law" to deflect criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Simcat
    "
    "In compliance with US law, ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until it contains standing sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers, including at least..."
    http://www.clickbank.com/accounting.html.
    I do not see the rule about 4 different locations.......Really doesn't matter
    I agree with Leader

If these are the rules to work with, personally, I would find another way to make a litle money.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

If my memory is correct, I do recall there being something about having to make sales from different locations. They may have removed that though...

My own experience is, I signed up with them a while back. I don't promote them much, cause they aren't really a good match for my sites.

I did make one sale, and Did get paid the commision, something like 6-8 months later. YMMV

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, they do have this rule. It is a good rule. The purpose is to keep people from
    signing up just to get a discount on their own purchases. You must be actively
    promoting to get a check from Clickbank, if you just use it to purchase products
    for yourself you will not get a commission check.

The rule is under the section 'Customer Distribution Requirement' from the
    link that simcat posted above.

Thanx guyz for your comments. Atlast a check has been issued i'm worried as the CB has not stated thru which mode it will send the cheque. If i get it through FedEx courier, how many days time it will take to get dispatched?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread