Is MSN loves new websites ?
    Is MSN loves new websites ? I have experienced that MSN loves new sites and ranks well in serp for few early days and then swept out.
    I want to know is it happens to me only or same experience anywhere else.

Google sometimes does the same thing. MSN is actively changing it seems lately. I don't think you can nail them down with the same rule for all new websites.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Affiliate Manager
    MSN loves freshness. If some content is fresh out of the oven, it will be on msn as long as msn deems it to be fresh. This is not just with new websites, though. MSN will crawl new pages on any website, have them rank well for a while, and throw them away after a certain (different for each site/page) amount of time.

Which means, if you are aiming at MSN traffic, keep on updating your site more often and adding new stuff.
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

MSN search lost a substantial amount of its market share in online search. They're down to under 10% with Google dominating 50%.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/to...hillTrend.html

Seems MSN just can't get the formula right. Maybe that's why we hear about so many affiliates who are happy with MSN's results.. hmm

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashok
    Which means, if you are aiming at MSN traffic, keep on updating your site more often and adding new stuff.
    Not just MSN traffic. If you're aiming to provide a valuable and useful service to visitors you also need to update your site often.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    When people think search, MSN just doesn't pop into many peoples minds. I think they might take a little bump up with MSN being the default search in IE7. Nothing drastic but it should go up a little.

I used to be happy with MSN results as I was getting good converting traffic from them. But the results that surrounded most of my terms were pure spam but now they have done something the past few months and my sites have been dumped for the most part.

The site I've been putting my most energy into has made it onto the first page for my most competitive term and the first couple of pages for that term are quality results...so maybe they are starting to be able to discount spam backlinks like google....
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by innominds
    Is MSN loves new websites ? I have experienced that MSN loves new sites and ranks well in serp for few early days and then swept out.
    I want to know is it happens to me only or same experience anywhere else.

Yes, they seem to. Whenver I release new sites, MSN gobbles them up at a lightning pace, but Yahoo is slower, and Google much, much slower to do the same.

However, I'm not sure about the last part - where MSN sweeps the results out. As far as I'm concerned, MSN hits hard and fast, and doesn't really leave. The results DO fluctuate often though, but don't disappear.

Thanx guyz for your comments. I do agree with you all in trems of freshness. Indeed content is the king.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread