Affiliate Manager
    Introduction to "Pre-Fab" Affiliate Tool
    Good afternoon! Watchdog Affiliate Managers is pleased to introduce our unique "pre-fab" tool and wanted to give affiliates an opportunity to try them and to provide feedback on this latest technology release. And like all our tools, there is no cost for their use.

Prefabs are pre-fabricated dynamic showcase that are updated by our affiliates managers. This way, the contents (products, messaging and theme) are always up-to-date based on season, product specials, or any other campaigns that the particular merchant is running. Just drop them on your site and let us do all the work!

The technology uses a single line of JavaScript to drop on a page and your PID is passed as a parameters. Please check out two examples of pre-fabs at the following URLS:

http://www.watchdogam.com/cristinafiore.fsp (Commission Junction)**
    Program Summary: "Hollywood's best kept secret" - Exclusive Italian skin care products that up until this point were only available at high-end spas are now available through an affiliate program at CristinaFiore.com.

** Uses our Direct-to-Affiliates technology which means that updates made to the merchant site are instantly (real-time) available through our pre-fab technology. This guarantees information in our pre-fabs is never out-of-date with the merchant's site.

http://www.watchdogam.com/shopmadambutterfly.fsp (Direct Track)
    Program Summary: "Personal Fashion Consultant" - Hand-selected fashion apparel and accessories encompassing all the latest trends. Plus, customers can sign up to be assigned a personal fashion consultant, a ShopMadamButterfly.com bonus!

We'll soon have a database of hundreds of these prefabs to choose from that include support for all the networks. Please take a look and give one of our pre-fabs a try.

I look forward to everyone's feedback.

Regards,
    Cory

p.s. Please take a moment to join our WatchdogAM OPM forum to stay up-to-date with all our tools & technologies!

The "Pre-Fab deal" reminds me of the "LMI deal" -- both use JavaScript so what's the difference? I prefer Html links.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lightbulb
    not in the same ballpark. look at javascript one-liners as if they were the first effort of GoldenCAN.

if they work for you it's a good thing.

Affiliate Manager
    Rhia7,

Thanks for taking a look. This is not a one-size-fits all. There are certainly times when HTML/links are the best fit. The pre-fabs were designed with one thing in mind - maintenance & ease.

Here's an example. One of our programs is Organic Bouquet in Direct Track. For an affiliate website that wants to feature flowers, there are obviously many seasons (e.g. Valentines, East, Christmas, etc.). Through DirectTrack, we create campaigns for each season. The affiliate then needs to logon, grab the latest products/banners and then integrate the links. That is time consuming. And, one of the many activities that we need to perform as an Aff Management company is to identify when links are being used from outdated campaigns. However, this is all moot with the pre-fab showcase as they always feature the correct season and the correct products.

The two pre-fabs posted earlier were examples of a "slideshow" mode. Here is an example of one that allows the user to interact and move through the items in the showcase. Additionally, the textual messaging can be updated by the merchant as new "seasonal" and timely information needs to be disseminated.

And lastly, pre-fabs are grab-and-use. You do not need to signup/configure anything. You just use your PID from the correct network and you are done.

Cory

Affiliate Manager
    As for the comment on LMI, it really does not apply here. As Herb said, the LMI backlash was not really related to "showcases", but more so product-specific and banner-specific links.

Cory

ABW Ambassador
    Agreed totally, this bears not even a vaguely remote resemblance to LMI, not in any way, shape or form. This type of dynamic solution is an enhancement and supplement to regular HTML text and links that we've got no need to spend the time with updating.

I, too, like the concept of these showcases in certain circumstances. I am not quite sure I understand what you called Direct to affiliate where you say merchant updates will directly update the prefab running on my site in real time. How is that accomplished? Are you cutting out the affiliate network? Joe

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Very effective customner facing showcase as the AM should know what's selling best during each seasonal update. Thank God it doesn't use Flash. Clicking the products shown do take the shopper directly to that product's page not wasting their time. The only thing remotely resembling LMI is the one liner text links. The imaging Pre-Fab showcase whould do better then second guessing the content and landing page of the smart/dumb text link.

Now someone give me some feed back on the Direct Track network as they appear to be behind the script Pre-Fab showcase technology. I loved that MadamButterfly display but worry about designer apparel that isn't highly discounted for my cheap skate savvy shoppers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread