Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What super affiliates sleep on.
    http://webmail.registeredsite.com/ag...main?mobmain=1

MSRP: 50K

interestingly enough, I'd probably buy one when I have the $$, but i'd rather die of thirst than pay 2$ for a bottled water.

ABW Ambassador
    Session invalid.
    This message occurs because you have either previously logged out
    or your session has automatically timed out.

Please click here to login.

Affiliate Manager
    Same error over here
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    http://webmail.registeredsite.com/ag...main?mobmain=1

MSRP: 50K

interestingly enough, I'd probably buy one when I have the $$, but i'd rather die of thirst than pay 2$ for a bottled water.

The main URL, "http://webmail.registeredsite.com/" goes to a web email service. You can't link to one of your emails--you'd have to copy/paste it into the thread.

And that's good--if it let you link to an email, people could get into your email account and read everything else, or pull all kinds of mayhem!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Talking
    This is the type of situation where I apply something I call the "Law of Good Enough."

If I'm shopping for mattresses and I test drive a $50K mattress and fall in love with it, and then I test drive a $2K mattress and am 90% or more in love with it as I was with the $50K mattress...which one should I buy? The answer, according to the "Law of Good Enough" is to buy the cheaper mattress if it's at least 90% as "good" as the more expensive one.

Another example. I'm writing my resume. It's damn good looking but I know that if I invested another couple of days working on it I could make it just about perfect. Should I invest the time or not? According to the "Law of Good Enough" the answer is no, I shouldn't spend any more time on this project if the current version of my resume is at least 90% as good as the so-called perfect version I imagine I could create.

Now the best thing about the "Law of Good Enough" is that you can make your cut-off point 90%, 99%, 2% or whatever number you're most comfortable with. After all, "good enough" is entirely subjective.

$50K for a mattress is just plain stupid, IMHO. But if you don't believe me just apply the "Law of Good Enough."

$50k mattress - $500 mattress I am willing to sleep on = $49500 to spend on alternative sleep methods which are usually more fun.

These methods include:

Beer - makes me sleepy ... eventually. Not to mention smarter, better looking and funnier. Sometimes it gives me the power to fly ... but that's a story for another day.

my wife, so she'll let me touch her ... guaranteeing a good night's sleep in under two minutes.

Wine - also makes me sleepy ... sooner or later.

Spirits - another sleepy maker ... although this method usually results in 0 productivity the following day.

Medication - properly abused makes me sleepy. Can you say properly abused?

Peelers - usually resulting in a frying pan to the head, making me sleep pretty darn good as well. Sometimes I wake up with an IV which is an added bonus as the extra hydration helps prevent hangovers. Another upside is an attractive nurse, though the downside is the wife seeing you eye the nurse which usually results in a serious bedpan beating. This will on occassion get you moved from the idiot husband ward into intensive care. I don't recommend this as much as the benefits of the IV are outweighed by the insertion of the catheter.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    serta??

invalid session....

sorry for the shite link guys.

ABW Ambassador
    Is it this?

http://www.nysun.com/article/36662

"Vividus — featuring a flax-lined, solid pine frame, and two mattresses, made of "virgin steel" coils and filled with hand-teased horsehair, cotton, and wool. The Vividus, assembled by hand at the Hästens workshop in Köping, Sweden, will retail stateside for a cool $49,500."

It could be the virgin steel and the hand teased horsehair that accounts for the price.

yup, that's the one. It takes 160 hours to make by hand, longer than most factory made cars.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    No thanks, the thought that I spent that, on THAT, would keep me up rather than helping me sleep!

I agree with Popdawg, $500 is enough to spend. Although I'll skip all that booze, waking up with a hangover isn't my idea of fun...

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I think most affiliates are too cynical about marketing and hype to go for something like that.

Looks like it is for New Yorkers with more money than sense.

If you bought one do you just cry when 10 years is up and it is time to throw out something that cost $50,000. At least a BMW or Corvette still is a car that works and holds some value. Used beds are worth nothing....

And I thought my $1000 Queen size mattresses was high... LOL
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Internet Cowboy
    I sleep on a king size mattress with the memory foam inside of it, but with a pillow top. It is awesome and is the best 2 grand I have spent in a long time. To crawl in the bed at the end of the day is one of my favorite things
    When you lay in it, your body sinks down and is supported completely by the mattress.

It's time to upgrade. Had the same mattress for a few years now, and it's wearing down. You know it's bad when parts of your body lie lower than the rest, and you wake up the next morning unable to move...

Btw, memory foam does rock. I've got a "specialized" pillow that they overcharged for by about 90 dollars...but it works like a charm.

You can get an incredible bed for next to nothing. Just buy the cheapest mattress you can find and put a memory foam topper on it. What's underneath hardly matters if you have memory foam on top.

About the best place I've found to buy memory foam toppers is Overstock. Don't forget to check your favorite coupon site for Overstock coupons!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You can get an incredible bed for next to nothing. Just buy the cheapest mattress you can find and put a memory foam topper on it. What's underneath hardly matters if you have memory foam on top.
    Totally and completely disagree. Cheap spring mattresses are horrible and if you put a memory foam topper on it that is like putting a $10,000 paint job on a Vega. It will still be springy and will not properly conform to support you while you sleep. It will move the entire bed when one of you moves.

Until you have slept in a really good bed every night for a year it is hard to explain the difference. It's kinda like 400+ thread count sheets. Until you have tried them you just don't know how much better they feel. I guess I am spoiled

About the best place I've found to buy memory foam toppers is Overstock. Don't forget to check your favorite coupon site for Overstock coupons!

Yeah, it's time to do some bed shoppin'. Been putting that off longer than I should've! And yeah, I'll make sure to drop by my favorite coupon site (ahem) for good coupons...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Totally and completely disagree. Cheap spring mattresses are horrible and if you put a memory foam topper on it that is like putting a $10,000 paint job on a Vega. It will still be springy and will not properly conform to support you while you sleep. It will move the entire bed when one of you moves.
    I have to agree with Scoot, I was never a splurger when it came to mattresses. Last year after shopping around for 2 months, we finally splurged and dropped just over 3K on a Simmons Rembrandt Pillowtop ... and Scoot is right, you need to experience the difference. Had to get a little used to the height, you almost need to "hop" on but once you are in bed, it's the best nights sleep I have ever had...

Until you have slept in a really good bed every night for a year it is hard to explain the difference. It's kinda like 400+ thread count sheets. Until you have tried them you just don't know how much better they feel. I guess I am spoiled
    Try the 600 count for pure pleasure ... if you want something indescribable, buy one set of 1,000 thread count. You will slip and slide the first few times but get quickly used to it.....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I'd never buy a product like a mattress topper online without being able to test it and touch it first. Especially considering they come in different thicknesses and densities. I'd have to feel which one was best for me.

We've had expensive mattresses and cheap mattresses, plain, pillow-top, down toppers, and memory foam toppers. The best, by far, is a fairly firm mattress with a thick (3" or 4") memory topper. I didn't mean to imply that any cheap mattress would do--only a firm one.

I totally agree about the high thread count sheets. We have a set of 800 thread count sheets, and it's unbelievable. Well worth the $80 or so they run at Overstock. They have up to 1500 thread count, and I've been tempted to try one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    I didn't have a clue about sheets with high thread count until I became an affiliate and put up a bedding section and saw them on my pages. I hated to pay that kind of money for a set of sheets but WOW what a difference!

Yeesh. I guess I'm missing out on something with the sheets. Mine are (of course) the cheap ones. Bringing myself to spend $80 for some sheets will be the fun part...

speaking of sheets check these out
    http://www.fineliving.com/fine/genui...444990,00.html

I went to newbury street in boston and actually felt the paradise sheets, they feel better than silk and cost 3200$ for a king set.

Internet Cowboy
    $1200 sheets and a WalMart ad on the page. Someone has their target all screwed up

That's a lot for sheets. I think I will stay in the 10% of that range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast