ABW Ambassador
    Question Using Redirects for Extra Domains
    Hello,

I have a bunch of good keywords domains that are not doing much right now, just earning a few cents a month on sedo and I don't have time to do anything with them until next year.

What I would like to know is if it would be a good idea or not to use 301 or 302 redirects to a site that I own that would make use of any extra traffic.

The main thing is I want to make sure this doesn't affect my current ranking on the search engines but if anything would hopefully improve it.

I need some extra traffic for my main site and I hope this could give it a boost. I would like to redirect the domains to certain sections of my main site.

Any advice and feedback would be highly valued.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    And if you're just pointing an entire (idled) domain, you should be able to setup your domain registrar (like GoDaddy or who ever) and forward the existing domains to wherever you want, saving you hosting costs on each of those idled domains.

ABW Ambassador
    thanks, interesting read.

And if you're just pointing an entire (idled) domain, you should be able to setup your domain registrar (like GoDaddy or who ever) and forward the existing domains to wherever you want, saving you hosting costs on each of those idled domains
    I think that's where you have to be careful and the reason why 301's are used as it can be considered spam if too many urls are pointing to same ip/domain as far as I know. I have multiple domain hosting so it doesn't cost me anything extra to 301 domains. The 301 looks to be the better one to use from asking around several forums.

What I also learned is that it's ok to 301 to various pages sections on your site as opposed to redirecting to the home page and that is now seen as spam.

So what I have done is 301'd various domains I own to certain sections of my website so I will see how that goes. This could work well if the se's don't mind it. I'm willing to take the gamble & my stats since this was done look ok.

any more opinions welcome...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread