New to Make-A-Page ...
    Only a few of my merchants show up on the Make-A-Page tool. How do I create one for the other merchants?

Also, I see everyone has different thumbnail sizes. is there an easy method to make them more uniform?

Thanks! I'm new to this part of the program.

All of my merchants that have a datafeed appear in makeapage. However there are two lists. Some merchants have a specialized and they appear in the drop down list at the left. All of my merchants with datafeed appear in center drop down. Are you checking both places?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    If a merchant you've signed up with doesn't appear in the Make A Page drop-down box it's because that merchant doesn't have a datafeed. It's very frustrating but not all merchants submit a datafeed to SAS. SAS pulls the data used in the Make A Page feature from the merchant's datafeed. So if there's no datafeed there can be no Make A Page option.

As for image sizes -- yes, it's very frustrating and time consuming to make them uniform or nearly so. I don't know of any way to automate it, but you can remove the height and width attributes in html and then substitute with either a height or weight spec (let's say you want them to all be 150 px high), but not both. You may still need to do some tweaking however, depending on how much variation there is in the merchant's image sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    If a merchant you've signed up with doesn't appear in the Make A Page drop-down box it's because that merchant doesn't have a datafeed. It's very frustrating but not all merchants submit a datafeed to SAS. SAS pulls the data used in the Make A Page feature from the merchant's datafeed. So if there's no datafeed there can be no Make A Page option.
    This is only patially so, Rhea. The Make-A-Page inclusion seems to be conditional not only on the datafeed availability or unavailability, but also on how exactly the product database was uploaded to ShareASale.

Besides sending the datafeed to SaS as a CSV file, merchants also have an option of manually submitting their product info (large and small images, urls, prices, descriptions, etc) using a form in their navigation panel. In my opinion, this is a great option for those merchants that have under 20 products.

However, when I log into my affiliate account and check on my own merchants (the ones whose programs I manage), I see that only those that submitted the product database in a form of a file are available through the Make-A-Page tool. ElimiTaste and NatHerbStore that also have products listed at SaS do not show there. I've noticed this before, and it is good this thread was started. Reminded me to mention this point...

Brian, why are merchant products entered via the online form do not show in the Make-A-Page tool? Are they available for affiliates to see and use anywhere at all?

Geno

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Wow, Geno I didn't know that. I betcha very few people know that. I'd like to know the answer to the question you posed to Brian, as well.

Nice to see the make-a-page back. I didn't know it was ready again.

I see the "all merchants" section using a search term still does not work. Was this missed in the fixed or still being worked on?

Thanks for the replies. I'll be following this thread. Too bad that so few of my merchants do have feeds -- I'll have to find a workaround.

the nonfunctioning make-a-page, not-fully functioning make a page, non-standardized datafeed etc -- the issues mentioned above and other threads -- very frustrating.

lack of documentation, instructions on how to use these things for newbies, extremely frustrating.

sigh....

I was hoping that "display options" and "display fields" would store our preferred default parameter info so we don't have to keep on entering it over and over. But not yet.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Simple carrot and stick approach would be SAS demand the use of the Froogle and Google Base feed requirements. Feeds two sales producing birds with one bowl.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread