Click Fraud
    I believe this is the worst week ever since I joined affiliate program biz. Is it just me or do any of you have the same problem? I use PPC and the past week (and today) I had an increase in clicks but there was not an increase in revenues. What's going on???
    I actually cought one guy that is trying to bid $0.01 below me on overture on a particular keyword and I got 400 clicks on that keyword without any comission. I usually get 15% conv ratio form that advertiser.
    I talked to that company and they said if I show proof that he was clicking on my ads, they will remove him from the program.

Get the proof and nail him to the wall if you can. Is there any way you could isolate the IP address where all those clicks came from? If you can this might just be the proof you need. Good luck!

Grumpy, you made me laugh!
    I could already picture the guy nailed on the wall with the mouse in his mouth.
    I am sending the traffic directly to the merchant so I don't have the IP info.
    But I know he is doing it because every tim I lower the bid he puts it low again, and again, and again. This SOB is monitoring one particular keyword like he had nothing else to do. and is only me and him bidding on that keyword so it's a no brainer where the clicks are coming from. I found him by looking in the Whois database.

Quote Originally Posted by SavingScout.com

That's one of the price you must pay when you're just sending the traffic directly to the merchant, and that traffic don't even know how do they just landed there, or who to complain to.

This post does not make much sense to me based on the information given.

I thought Yahoo/Overture banned multiple affiliates from direct linking to merchants. I though their policy was either that you had to have exclusivity or you had to have your own page with a balue added service.

Quote Originally Posted by SavingScout.com
    But I know he is doing it because every tim I lower the bid he puts it low again, and again, and again. This SOB is monitoring one particular keyword like he had nothing else to do. and is only me and him bidding on that keyword so it's a no brainer where the clicks are coming from. I found him by looking in the Whois database.
    Hmm... it's pretty hard to trick Google for sure, but not sure about Overture. It's next to impossible without something very devious to get multiple clicks from the same user through Adwords, as Google does an excellent job of filtering out excess clicks. One thing I've seen in the past is when a site goes down from a DOS attack or other issue people will flock to google or yahoo and search for that company's name or website. You can get nailed with a ton of extra clicks, none of which make it to the merchants site. That is indeed a price you must pay when doing PPC and especially doing so directly to the merchant. I'm not saying that's the case for sure here, especially since it's Overture, but it's a few words to the wise that are contemplating the PPC game.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread