Edited because for all that I still believe they have value.

[ 07-03-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Just a thought. Tell them that a 91% chargeback rate is a sign of fraud, and in all of the years you've been doing this, a merchant with a rate that high has almost always been fraudulent. Tell them that was the nature of your inquiry, and if they refuse to answer your question, your only other option is to ask CJ's Fraud department to look into it. You could also bring it up to them that this DOES concern you. Ssanf, have you had sales reversed by them?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Invite them and their attitude over to A Best Web for an "education" they won't forget! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course, they may be motivated to drop you from their program if you do that... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Are you making anything with them? If you are look at the amount - is it worth it for people who obviously hate their clients?

If you're making big bucks, deal with it - if you're not - well, I probably know more disgusting swear words than you do that you could send to them (not all that sure I want to share them tho).

They are apparently the only game in town for many of the products I need for a well rounded witch shop. Where I can, I use different merchants.

I really need other merchants to choose from. I believe they would be better merchants if they had more competition.

If you see "witch" or "pagan" products eleswhere, please pass the information to me.

I'm looking. I'm looking hard.

Have you thought about approaching some companies that don't have an affiliate program (yet) and working something out with them?

Hi Sandra,
    I don't know anything about these companies or programs but here are a couple.

Earth Spirits
    Triskele

Here's a google search hope some of this helps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Shawn

Azuregreen snot. Urgh. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yes, 91% chargeback demands an explanation, why do they think that CJ publishes the figures for heaven's sake?

But there's absolutely no need to respond to any publisher in that sort of tone.. grrr.

oh hey - that Earth Spirit Emporium offers drop-shipping too. That presents a lot of possibilities SSansf.

Yhank you.

I'm looking into them.

You won't believe this but the very first picture under cloaks on the Earth Spirit Emporium is straight off the Azuregreen site!

They are offering me 5% and they get paid 8% for selling it by Azuregreen!!

That's OK I have someone making my cloaks.

I just looked at their posters. You guessed it. All from Azuregreen. Sigh.....

Looked some more. It is almost all Azuregreen products. You see my problem.

Still checking that search for other possibilities.........

Enchanted Oak would be good but...goodness, they hardly have any merchandise.

Still checking.....

Not looking promising so far. They have this business really locked up. That's why they feel they can treat affiliates like scumbags for asking reasonable questions.

I am sure a lot of their products are made in India or Pakistan. Pranav needs to start a competing program!!

[ 07-02-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

So AzureGreen is a manufacturer?
    Or are they just a distributor/wholesaler?
    If they're just wholesalers, it's quite possible AzureGreen and Earthspirit simply get their merchandise from the same "manufacturers" (craftspeople), so it goes to follow they would have the same photos and stock.

Earthspirit says they are wholesalers. That means they carry their own stock. Even if they buy it from AzureGreen, they may treat their affiliates better. 5% from an honest merchant is a better deal than 8% from a dishonest one. (Just trying to help by pointing that out).

[ 07-02-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

Yes, that's right, too. I am sure they are just a distributor/wholesaler.

have you thought about drop-shipping?

Edited to not slam doors I really want open

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>have you thought about drop-shipping?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. I know absolutely nothing about it. Sounds interesting, though.

It's thier fault that the tracking code shows too early in their cart. If possible dump them as they haven't a clue.

Paying out 3k a month in an affiliate program is nothing to brag about. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Kind've a joke really.

It would take a lot of effort to replace them, but they'll have to be replaced.

Actually I wouldn't be wanting ritual items that carry such bad vibes anyway.

There was a program that did band tee shirts and some pagan type jewelry but I forgot the name. Webvitamins does essential oils and Amazon do some tarot cards. I don't know where you'd find robes, but GoodOrient does custom clothing in nice fabric. You can get semi-precious stones from Ebay and candles in lots of places.

That leaves athames etc.

Lots of witchy items are household objects (because of the way the Old Religion has had to make itself invisible at times). If I were you I'd find a gardening and kitchen item wholesaler and start collecting some of the more attractive items then do a mass consecration of brooms and pestle & mortars and herbs and ship them out yourself.

Perhaps the best Pagan merchant in town is going to be *you*?

In the meantime, if you can lur... erm, I mean - invite - Azuregreen into here, we can see about having a nice cozy chat!

I

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That leaves athames etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm yeah my characters sometimes have those in Nethack. If you can get hold of a Scroll of Genocide I could use that to get rid of those summer wasps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I am in the process of more friendly, hopefully, correspondence with them. I think they just don't know anything about affiliate marketing. They see normal correspondence as an attack because they receive NO correspondence, lacking any professional marketers.

I wish we could just get someone like Andy to take them under his wing and teach them how it is done.

I really like them for no other reason than stupid loyalty. They were there when the Pagan community had no other resource at all.

I just think they haven't a clue about affiliate marketing.

Yes, I am gradually replacing them. I wish I did not have to, especially now that I am getting #1 search engine rankings for Pagan jewelry and wiccan jewelry. I am using Old Glory instead. Such a shame.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's their fault that the tracking code shows too early in their cart. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this? Please explain more fully.

Icicle

I am sure you are looking for Old Glory.

Yeah, thats the one.

When are Azuregreen coming to play? I'm damned if I'm going to work on my site until my CJ check shows up, and now I'm bored!

We can set up a class for naughty merchants.

I

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the reason for the high percent is when someone does not complete an order it still registers, but as our program states the commission is based on a completed sale(which means we get paid).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This leads me to believe that they have their tracking code on a page prior to their thank you/conformation page in their cart, Thus tracking sales that aren't final. Honestly, it sounds like BS to me, since it can be fixed in less time than it takes to drink a cup of coffee.

I forwarded this information to them. Let's see if they take it in the helpful way it is intended.

I seem to be entering into a more meaningful dialogue with them.

Therefore, I am editing some of the above.

Really, I would like to see them succeed but as stated above, I think they need some help.

They have had a wonderful mail order business for years. But, I think when they got into affiliate marketing, they had no concept of what it is all about. My belief is that they thought that if they just put up their site and a few banners on CJ, Pagans evrywhere would put banners on their pages and the products would sale. I do not think they have very many affiliates who have even heard the term optimazation.

Edited because I put the question up for Todd who probably can help best.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread