3 3.30%

9 9.89%

16 17.58%

18 19.78%

20 21.98%

6 6.59%

2 2.20%
    Rate Commission Junction
    Based on a similar thread in the LinkShare forum, I thought it might be interesting to see how people rate CJ.

Similar polls for other networks: Linkshare | ShareASale
    Last edited by MichaelColey; October 24th, 2006 at 02:59 PM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I gave it a 6. It's not horribly bad for now. The missing 4 is simply for my lack of trust at their antics, and the things that I know they'll throw on us later.

Lightbulb
    6 also, here. I don't like the way they refuse applications from affiliates. Not always what the merchant expected.

I give them 8 because they torture us with LMI for months.

I was about to give 10, but gave 9, when I remembered about LMI.

I geve them 8. I would have given 10 if it wasn't for the LMI

[Edited]
    Last edited by Michael Nunez; October 24th, 2006 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Removed Signature - Sigs come in time.

Although LMI is no longer an issue, it weighed into my rating as well. They have a lot of good will to rebuild from that.

With their new webservices initiative and affiliate advisory board, they've rebuilt some good will.

With their support (and promotion) of "compliant" parasites and other bad players, they'll never rate as high as ShareASale.com for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I gave them a 7. However, the merchant I use the most, and my current most profitable, is considering an indy program, so I m ay have little use for them in the future.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

They did not get a great rating from me either. I still remember what they tried to pull over on us with LMI and their support ticket department has been running behind for months now.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

6 here and LMI is water under the bridge for me.

The on-going concern though is this.

IMHO it's incredible, given the size of this industry, that no one else has pressed this issue with CJ. Well, no one else except for eBay, and they have moved out.

Tuan

Affiliate Manager
    If I gave SAS an 8, CJ had to be 7 and no more (or less)
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    CJ seems to be a little more spread out than shareasale's, so, not surprisingly, the results seem to duplicate last years 'best of' awards.

I rated CJ fairly high, because they have some solid merchants that just fit well with me, and have for a long time. I lost track of how many months in a row they've sent me a check, but a lot longer than many of the independants I use.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I give 'em an 8.

Positives for:
    10 for payments
    10 for merchants that convert
    9 for the feed setup (it'd be 10 if they made all the merchants submit useable feeds)

Demerits for:
    Public relations handling!
    Promoting parasites
    Trying to make us accept LMI

They get a 3 from me.

Positive:

1. They pay on time, and that is the only positive.

Negative:

1. LMI fiasco
    2. Never respond to inquiries in a timely manner
    3. "Tracking is not affected"
    4. We are perpetual beta testers; nothing is done proactively
    5. Abysmal, unhelpful, and clueless customer service
    6. Slow clunky interface that works part of the time
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by TLE
    6 here and LMI is water under the bridge for me.

The on-going concern though is this.

IMHO it's incredible, given the size of this industry, that no one else has pressed this issue with CJ. Well, no one else except for eBay, and they have moved out.

Tuan
    Maybe nobody understands it so they don't care =) It sounds bad, but it's Greek to me.

If it would help, I can run this by Scott for confirmation.

Like I had confirmed before posting about the July outage.

Tuan

I gave them a 9, there is only one reason I prefer CJ, and that's because when a user click an expired link they tell me the exact page that link was clicked on, I can't understand why no other networks do that.

First, my apologies to Michael for effectively stopping this thread with my postings. My intention, as always, was to help CJ improve in there operation and reliability, benefiting us all.

Sometime competition has to take a back seat to doing the "right thing", otherwise the competition is meaningless. Sort of like one bicycle racer stopping to help a competitor who had fallen, or an automotive racing team helping another with parts and knowledge.

It's reasonable (and likely) for CJ to take my postings (minimally) as hypocritical, and possibly part of a hidden agenda, given how I'm doing with CJ.

So... to be open and clear, I was fortunate to have made performer requirements as of last month (organic se/no-ppc), and see so much more potential for CJ and its advertisers/publishers.

I'll continue to post my observations when appropriate and my position/intentions should be clear from this point.

Thanks,
    Tuan

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Tuan,

I think I can speak for just about all of us in saying that I appreciate your timely posting of your observations in the forum and your keen sense of the technical side of things with CJ's operations. Keep up the good work.

The reporting (and possibly tracking) issues of the past three days, the fact that these problems continue to happen on a regular basis without timely notification of what's going on, and the LMI fiasco all contributed to my giving CJ a solid "4" in this poll after having been with CJ as an affiliate for almost 1.5 years.

CJ can take some very simple steps to improve their procedures and their standing with both affiliates and merchants. They can start by being transparent with their technical operations and failures, being much faster when divulging information about problems that occur, and by making public what they're doing to prevent these failures in the future (if anything).

It certainly would be a far-reaching improvement simply to make conscious efforts to tackle problems that occur over weekends, and not have us assume that no one maintains the shop beyond the 9-5 hours of Monday through Friday in a production environment that cannot and should not EVER have any downtime. By the nature of the 24/7 Internet commerce that CJ's systems keep track of, they should not be allowed to fail. Server and software redundancies, power failover, better IT staffing, more transparency with its customers. This is not asking much for a company that handles such a huge volume of e-commerce.

Online Marketing Consultant
    How do you get to take part within the polls?

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Normally at the top of the thread in a poll thread like this one, you'll see a button that allows you to vote. Liquidate, you have 45 total posts so far on ABestWeb (meaning you're fairly new and might not have all the privileges yet), so maybe you can't yet vote in polls. That's my guess. You probably can't send or receive private messages yet either. You'll need to keep posting more to get to the level to get certain privileges. What that # of posts is, I don't know, as it's not public information for spam prevention reasons.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread