What is this site about?
    Have been running ad with adwords for the last three months and having impressions and below average click through rate of 0.4 to 0.6

Last week I added a new campaign for a new product and found my CTR was rather unusually high. Most clicks were from this site http://landing.domainsponsor.com/xyzyteufofoof with a long tail of numbers and alphabet.

When I clcik to visit this site, it was neither a content nor se site. The main page looks like a directory and when you go to other pages, they just have three main google adense on it.

Anyone have any idea what this site is and is it legal in google terms to provide this sort of site. We are paying for the clicks through this site and I am not sure whether I can make any sale from it.

Thanks
    Richard

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    the site is about nothing, G (like other search engines), have made deals with large domain holders to run ads on domains where no site exists:

http://www.google.com/domainpark/

ask yourself how people get to these parked domains in the first place and what most people do when they come across them and you'll find the answers to all your "why" questions...

Donuts, thanks for the reply.

So does this mean that clicks from these type of sites are not going to generate sales?

Is there any way we can stop our ad to appear within these type of sites?

Thanks

Richard

https://adwords.google.com/support/b...y?answer=13248

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    So does this mean that clicks from these type of sites are not going to generate sales?
    Generate sales, it's very, very, very unlikely. Record sales, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    Not without cutting off your nose to spite your face. G's lumps these in with their search network (like AOL), not the content network. It's a crazy move on their part, but that's what it is. It's a very large slice of their income and the bane of advertisers who know what's going on. It's rife with fraud and obviously of little or no value. Cross your fingers, hope G's smart pricing alfo works and march on, montioring your roi.

Learn about ifsearch and ifcontent in your adwords destination url if you want to pass stats through your tracking systems and be able to discern which is which - and you'll still be stuck with the choice... parked domains and AOL-like traffic... or none of it... Eventually AOL-type partners should demand they be put in a separate category because they're the cream and parked stuff is not, affecting AOL's (and the like) income in my opinion, despite G' SP algo that's supposed to adjust for quality among pooled partners.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The syndication to domain parkers is the one where I'm confused as to any method of blocking my clients Adwords Ads. Google doesn't really explain where the "made for Adsense sites" fit into the mix. Some legit search network sites are places like AOL and Ads used to show up on Amazon product searches.

To view or edit your distribution preferences, please follow these steps:

Select the box next to the keyword-targeted campaign you wish to edit.
    Click Edit Settings.
    Locate Networks. Select Google search, Search network, Content network, or any combination.
    Click Save all changes.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks everyone for the beneficial answers.

Richard

G's lumps these in with their search network (like AOL), not the content network.
    Didn't know that Donuts. Thanks.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread