Best CJ PPC Options
    Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice on the best companies to work with through CJ for ppc ads.

Thanks,
    Matt

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Matt,

From my experience, even though the folks that hang out here at ABW are very helpful, I doubt that anyone would be willing to reveal their top sellers even to their best friends.

My suggestion would be to do some searching, reading, ask some more general questions and keep an open mind.

Best of luck!
    CanadianDave

Ebay if you can find keywords cheap enough to make a profit.

I would second eBay. It is probably possible to make millions on eBay via PPC. But, you would have to spend a lot (you would have to spend millions to make millions), find the right keywords, and deal with very tight margins on very high volume.

you would have to spend millions to make thousands

Online Marketing Consultant
    What are you trying to do with the links though? Register buyers and sellers or do they pay if someone clicks your link then bids?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i'm pretty good at ppc and ebay scares me - low comms, time sensitive sale, shallow stock, constantly changing inventory, slow to pay. but it's just a guess, i've never ppc'd anything on ebay nor been an ebay affiliate.

good luck.

ABW Ambassador
    I do great with ebay, of course I only do PPC for items where ebay is the only place online to get them. Once you find such items, pretty easy money. One example, partylite candles:

http://www.partylite.us/

I used to make great money with that until it became a TM you couldn't bid on. Looks like a few are.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    good point trust. niche'ing ebay. regardless of where you go and what you do, the more focused you can be, the better it'll end up. and at ebay, there's certainly a huge assortment of unique items that can only be found there.

still scares me - sounds like too much work - but that's just cuz I don't know what i'm doing there. which itself is another good point, ease into things and experiment, sometimes trying enough times and things means you figure some out - like Trust has done there already.

I've had quite a bit of free traffic to some pages where I couldn't come up with anything to promote. I put up some eBay links, and they've actually converted fairly good. I'm nowhere near the top tier in the eBay program, but I'm averaging something like $10 EPC with them, so if I were bidding $0.05 CPC and direct linking, I would have a postive ROI.

Oddly, I discovered that eBay is no longer allowing sellers to sell one of the items I was linking to, but it didn't make much difference with the conversion ratio. With a 30 day cookie, people go back and buy other stuff. I guess that's why eBay affiliates continue to bid on oddball keywords like "dead puppies". As long as it generates over $5 EPC on a $0.05 bid, they come out ahead.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Just looking for some advice on the best companies to work with through CJ for ppc ads.
    "Best Companies" - assume you mean most profitable - and that is wide open to how you approach it.

With PPC you might try 10 or 20 ( or many more ) programs and only one might work.

It's time consuming, and you need to put in the effort to find them.

As a guide, I look for EPC high enough to support PPC, and commision low enough that competition is not too overwhelming.

New programs may be a good place to start too.

There may be a few mentioned around here...dunno.

You'll need a good web stats program too, so you can analyze what broad match search terms adwords is showing your ads next to, and one by one you need to add any undesirable terms to your negative match list. This is a vital but time consuming step in order to make any campaign profitable.

Also, I've been making nice money with ebay's editor kit for ages now, but only recently found out how to only show the "most watched" items in the editor kit results. This has helped tremendously in larger categories as all the junk is removed.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread