<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We, at XYZ, are pleased you have joined our new affiliate program! In an effort to better serve you, we are requesting your current contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address, so we can contact you directly with our latest promotions, newsletters, and updated creative information.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to working with you in the future!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I dense for thinking that we all have a valid email address that we use for logging in to cj? Why would a merchant need more than that? Or do they not see our login email address, only our name (like I see on 2-tier reports)? And if they see the name on the account, why do they need more?

There is no way I'd give my address, or phone (or more likely my business partner's [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) until I have built an electronic relationship built on trust with a merchant.

I really prefer the welcome messages that state they'll bend over backwards to help or make any creative I want [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

I agree with you Webmistress. I remember receiving a "welcome" call out of the blue for a Linkshare merchant whose program I'd joined about 2 months beforehand. The call came late in the afternoon and at a very inconvenient time, and the caller wanted to chat a while and ask me a bunch of questions. What really irked me is that (I felt) I'd already been developing a working relationship with a co-worker of his that asked if he could call me. I'd told him to wait a few days and this other one calls me out of the blue.

The way I see it, it's rude if they call without first emailing me ahead of time to ask when a good time is to call, or to arrange a mutually convenient time to talk. Multiply that by 200+ merchants that most of us belong to, and we'd never have time to work on pages. It's almost as bad as clients who call at will and out of the blue just to "Chat" and waste your time when you could/should be working on their projects.
    Except in the case of merchants, you can't bill them for the time...

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Webmistress,

I asked one if he couldn't see my "official" email--and he told me that quite a few of the email addresses people use to log into CJ are dead!

(I would speculate that the login address was valid when those people signed up, then when they change it [for whatever reason] they never get around to updating the contact info...)

Therefore some merchants make it a point to collect the current contact info outside of the regular CJ system.

Hehehe, eaglefire that reminds me of when I "quit" my last client besides my own company.

A call out of the blue from one of the project "managers" on my answering machine (luckily for both of us) demanding that I change text back immediately to the way HE wrote it. Oh, and if it was the other manager who changed it, let him know so he could tell him not to change things he wrote either.

Needless to say, I had never been told Mr. Manners was really writing the stuff, since we'd already butted heads a couple of times. It was manager2 who changed it, and I quit on the spot. It meant some lean months as my affiliate business wasn't well established yet. But nothing like a little hunger to motivate, you know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I surely do not miss w*rking for anyone.

BAck to the subject. This was a letter that arrived in a timely manner with the program acceptance at cj. That's why I'm wondering what kind of contact info they can currently see or not.

Typing at the same time, Leader, lol.

Thanks for the info. Still, I don't think they really need a phone number and address, or even my real name. They don't cut the check. Of course, if they want to send me free merchandise, that's fine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread