Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    SAS year to date payments and my progress
    I've had a few affiliates recently ask me about SAS (by bias towards SAS is obviously clear here at ABW - i'd call it love) and they wanted to know if real money can be made there. Most stories you hear about big earning affiliates come from CJ and LinkShare and you often hear about merchants at SAS being smallish. So I've decided to post a few details about my SAS numbers to show that small and medium merchants, the prime audience SAS caters too, doesn't mean an affiliate will be small also.

I made a strategic effort beginning late last year to focus on finding merchants at SAS. I had $0 earnings in 2005 at SAS - I started promoting my first SAS merchant in December 2005.

Checking my progress today, my 2006 year to date payments received in the bank from SAS are now $129,363.84 (not profit, revenue - i have considerable ppc costs in the mid $50k range tied to this revenue). I am on track to easily bust the $150k rev mark at SAS this calendar year.

I have heavy plans for several more SAS merchants and have a brand new site planned for 2007 centered on one particular SAS merchant as well (they don't know about it yet... lucky guys!). I am meeting with a few more key SAS merchants in the next few weeks and I hope to uncover more good SAS opportunities there too. I estimate my progress will put my rev at SAS well over $250k in 2007, with similarly scaled profits.

So if you choose to believe my numbers, I think we can put the SAS "size" question largely to rest.

To Brian and the entire SAS team, Bravo Zulu!
    (that's old Navy talk for "thanks, job well done")

To Andy Rodriguez, thanks for all you've done for me at SAS - your affiliate programs there rock!

Good post and thanks for sharing. It really helps drive things home for people when they see real numbers like that.

Does not hurt that SAS has such a strong anti-parasite stance in getting sales numbers like that.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Donuts thanks for sharing!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

15 years and counting
    Well done, Congrats, Donuts. Impressive growth.
    I can't say the same. 5 years of decrease of my monthly earnings.
    It may be time for me to reconsider the way I work.
    I don't advertise and I don't spend money on PPC. May be I should.
    But, I'm still kicking butts in my niches with a few merchants. I kept the same keywords at the top all these years.

This is great news Donuts and is a testament not only to ShareASale's success but to your own success as well. This is a prime example of what Andy teaches us about how a win-win is essential in this biz: great merchants+great partners+great AM+great products+great network=unstoppable mega sales machine. That is the recipe for success in affiliate marketing.

There are also other "ingredients" not mentioned like parasite-free but, IMO, a great merchant or AM can't be in bed with parasites so it's a given.

Thanks to you Donuts, SAS and Andy for being something that we in this biz can look up to as a guide to what we can achieve and where we should be headed.
    Last edited by Greg Rice; October 26th, 2006 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

http and a telephoto
    Hopefully we are bringing more merchants into SAS in the next few weeks that will be worthly of a look....

SAS rocks, and this thread will more than likely help me convince some folks that are hesitating on a network descision that SAS is the way to go.

And congrats Donuts, you work hard and it shows. And then your hard work pays off and you can play hard too.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats!

It definitely motivates me to spend more PPC money!

I hope to uncover more good SAS opportunities
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Donuts, Great post and thanks for sharing with us. It's true that at sas a combination of great a merchant, marketing skills with the right products and some PPC does help.

I did some testing, on merchant end, last few months, I'm sure some of you followed it and noticed, and yes, sas to many is now considered all you need to make great income.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Donuts, I am so envious of you sometimes. Big Brains, rugged good looks (as you can see in your avatar), and making tons of money - and making it ethically. You're the man.

Internet Cowboy
    Can I borrow $50?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Can I borrow $50?
    For gas for the boat?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    Donuts, I am so envious of you sometimes. Big Brains, rugged good looks (as you can see in your avatar), and making tons of money - and making it ethically. You're the man.
    Hehehee! The money is nice, but the freedom of being independent is truly my greatest treasure. There's nothing better than controlling your own destiny by being involved in something that's good for the consumer, the merchant, the AM/OPM and for me as well.

My avatar, by the way, is a salute to my last business consulting client (my former biz, my last "job", years ago)... after developing channel after channel for him, I tried to get him to use affiliate marketing years ago as a new sales channel and he said I didn't know what I was talking about... he got me mad / motivated... so I tried it myself as an affiliate instead of a merchant consultant... bahahahaaa! And that was that. The avatar is my "I told you so" salute. :-)

As I watch your bounce.cc project emerge and your Suluta.com OPM clients grow and your other AM programs continue to thrive, the feeling of admiration is completely mutual. It's a wonderful time to be involved in this industry - it needs people like both of us to make it all work like a well oiled machine.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    For gas for the boat?
    nah...just becuz he's loaded

Seriously, I am envious of Donuts because of his relationship with SAS. I can post impressive numbers from other networks, but to me those numbers aren't as impressive as if they were supporting the awesome people behind SAS.

I think every day of ways to increase my income with SAS. I think every day of how to increase my income in general...we all do, but I never try to figure out how to make more sales with Linkshare merchants, or CJ or anyone else in particular.

Brian and Carolyn and their team have proven to me that they are real people and are truly interested in helping me as an affiliate and as a person and that is lightyears more than I have ever gotten from my CJ or LS rep. that I am supposed to be so proud and happy to have.

That being said, I know Donuts' sites so I am off now to copy them and whore them out for all I can get

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    To Andy Rodriguez, thanks for all you've done for me at SAS - your affiliate programs there rock!
    D, what can I say buddy that I dont already tell you daily ....

Donuts has been the catalyst and igniter in many of our programs. We have a great working relationship that works very well both ways ..... he makes money, our merchants make money and we make money ... it's a beatiful thing really!

I say "catalyst" because affiliate successes like his, pave the way to massive program growth when you add good OPM marketing and managment strategies. It adds layers and layers of good, quality SAS affiliate traffic and revenue.

D Man, thank you my friend for all you've done for ARC this year...it is very much appreciated. Looking forward to adding to your $250K goal in 2007!

@ Greg: Your are great example and a success story as well, from strugling datafeed affiliate in 2001 to a up and comming OPM dynamo!!! I still recall the old Tiger days and now sit back, admire and grin when I look at your ABW sig. WTG man, you make our industry proud !!

I teach and preach it at my seminars, "In order to be successful, you need to help others be successful" more so in our industry.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I think every day of ways to increase my income with SAS.
    I'm ready for you big guy... let's sell some _____
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Well done, Congrats, Donuts. Impressive growth.
    I can't say the same. 5 years of decrease of my monthly earnings.
    It may be time for me to reconsider the way I work.
    I don't advertise and I don't spend money on PPC. May be I should.
    But, I'm still kicking butts in my niches with a few merchants. I kept the same keywords at the top all these years.
    Zeus, I'll be in Miami (Monty's), LA and Vegas within 2 weeks, will you be flying anywhere near?

That being said, I know Donuts' sites so I am off now to copy them and whore them out for all I can get
    My most trusted peer! Would give me his motorhome if I needed a place to live. And guess what, met him here at ABestWeb.

Scoot, Q4 is here and climbing - we're both going to kick names and take ass!

Affiliate Manager
    have a brand new site planned for 2007 centered on one particular SAS merchant as well
    Let me guess, The lucky merchant is GSZ? Thank you!!!!!
    Shameless Self advertisement apart, Just want to congratulate you! SAS is THE network to be in. Sometimes smaller merchants can be kick-ass revenue generators, and many of them can only be found at SAS.
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

Way to go Donuts! Thanks for sharing that with us.

In the sea of affiliates: Donuts = whale, Travelin Man = minnow

Great inspiration for me thanks!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

15 years and counting
    Andy - Zeus, I'll be in Miami (Monty's), LA and Vegas within 2 weeks, will you be flying anywhere near?
    My Daughters are making my trips difficult to predict. One works in Australia, the second lives in London, I had the (good) idea to invest in a vineyard in France and my spouse is always between ATL and MCO. To tell you the truth, I'll like to spend more time in Miami this winter but I've no idea when. I'm sure we'll have a drink one of these days, I just can't give you a time frame. It's not like I'm avoiding your company and I miss Monty's.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Can I borrow $50?

tsk tsk tsk, have you learned NOTHING from Donuts? Think big, man!

errr......Donuts, can I borrow $500,000?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Thanks Donuts for uplifting the fire in me and a great inspiration. Way to go.

It can be done, definetely it can be done, right....

Thanks
    Richard

Donuts has been the catalyst and igniter in many of our programs.
    When I read posts from Donuts I think of those public service ads on TV. "Be a mentor"! I'm ready for mentoring if you need a candidate.

Wink
    Great story Donuts! I just start with SAS. $0 now. I hope I can post similar numbers by the end of next year.

Somebody STICKY this bad boy and point the whiners at it when they show up. I'm willing to bet a few more will get here in the coming months.

Why is this thread important?

For starters, it shows that the Google AdWords shake up can be defeated.

Second, it shows that PPC is a money maker if you know what you're doing.

Third, if there's anyone on this board that doesn't believe the figures, they are out of their minds.

Grats Donuts. Here's to you making twice that or more at SAS in the next calendar year.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast