Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Holy Schnikies - Snow Up The Kazoo
    Well, yesterday it was 70 degrees in Denver, and up here in the hills it was 62 and sunny - a beautiful day for sure.

Then I awakened this morning to find a white out condition snow storm raging up here. Thus far we have 26" at the house, so I've been riding in the truck, plowing up a storm here and for a few neighbors. I finally came in to take a break, but now it's time to hit it again.

For those who are maybe planning a ski vacation this year, the ski areas are getting hammered with light flakey powder snow - so get those skis / boards ready - our winter tourism industry is going to be a record setter this year.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Now that reads nice! Doesn't it, Leader?

I'm ready (we had close to a foot overnight in the Uinta Mountains! Dogs have already romped in it.)

Gary M

Oooooh those mountains look so pretty I envy you guys. I love snow Well...as long as nobody I know has to drive in it cos then I'd worry bout them. My husband has no problems driving in it but can't say the same for probably most of the others. Seems to freak a lot of people out and they don't drive very well in the snow. Enjoy yourselves in it but be careful if you're driving in it

It just let up - so I took my yardstick out to the deck to measure and it's official - 28 1/2" since about 3 am this morning!!

I haven't been able to get down to our office today so we're all working from home - but aside the mess of plowing it out, it is absolutely gorgeous right now. No wind, quiet, no cars around - and the pines are covered top to bottom.

Well gotta run out again to plow one last time - then a nice hot choc with baileys creme!! Yumm
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Now that reads nice! Doesn't it, Leader?

Gary M
    Actually...NO!

It just goes to show that not everything seems better just because it sells. No matter how many sales the sn*w spurs, the evil frozen stuff is still a bad thing!

Granted I will enjoy the commissions from any ski sales that come in. After all, the more people buy skis and boards, the faster my Florida Moving Fund reaches critical mass!

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    It just let up - so I took my yardstick out to the deck to measure and it's official - 28 1/2" since about 3 am this morning!!
    We need pictures! snow is just a distant memory here.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Yikes - it's in the 80s here in Los Angeles ... you'll be getting a warm snap soon Alan. My ex mother-in-law is in Denver and when we'd get "weather" here, she'd get it 2 to 3 days later ... but snow is fun, ISN'T it?! LOL - I'm with you, Leader ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I tried to call Colorful Images about an order (they're somwhere near you) and got a recorded message "Due to the weather, we're closed today"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I tried to call Colorful Images about an order (they're somwhere near you) and got a recorded message "Due to the weather, we're closed today"
    Yep - I hear ya Billy. Most all businesses were closed today. My crew all worked from home and I did enough plowing for others today to last for a long time! LOL

Rex - actually I've loved this snow. It has been gorgeous - very quiet and I got to play good samaritan most of the day. Just finished up about an hour ago on the last plowing for the day & now watching Grey's Anatomy with my wife in front of a nice fire.

Paul - I will work on getting some pictures to post but tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and in the 50's (at this altitude that's like 70 at sea level).

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Alan!! Read about the snow in this morning's paper, and am so envious. Bunch of friends and I went to see Warren Miller's new flick, "Off the Grid," and my quads are twitching to get a taste of snow! Alas, it is merely raining in Chicago, and our hills are our mountains.

Hey Carolyn

Warren Miller? LOL - I've been taking in a new Warren Miller movie every season since the 70's. We'd always kick off our ski season and get ourselves hyped up (didn't want to say psyched up or stoked) by going to his yearly new film a few weeks before the slopes opened.

Spent hundreds of great times skiing with friends or family and Warren Miller always kicked off our season. lol

This morning, it is absolutely sunny - and the blanket of pure whiteness over the ground, trees, housese and cars is beautiful. Today it is going to be in the 50's and sunny and the next few days back into the 60's - but the ski areas in the higher mountains (above 9,000) will stay cool while we thaw out (we're at 8,200').

But speaking of skiing in the midwest, I actually had my first ski experience in 1964 in ILLINOIS. (Fox River Grove??) I grew up in Deerfield, so it was close to home and the only game in town for us. It was a hill with a rope tow, and at the bottom, there was a row of hay bails, which is how I "stopped" until I learned how to actually stop without assistance from moveable obstacles. LOL

We got the fever quickly and subsequently started going up to Wisconsin, and even over to Okemo to ski. When we moved to Colorado in 71, my ski dreams came true. Dry, light powder and absolutely tremendous areas almost turned me into a ski bum back then..

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx

Warren Miller? LOL - I've been taking in a new Warren Miller movie every season since the 70's.
    Vintage Miller, 1962, red balloons in Europe

You old guys are hard core!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    You old guys are hard core!!!!
    Old???

Yep, we can hardly get down the slope anymore!! LOL - But man - we know how to Apres Ski

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    what is this "snow" thing you speak of?

I dunno, I've got a healthy respect for athletes back then. Pre-steroids, pre-souped-up-equipment...all cajones and skill. I'll never be that good

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    I dunno, I've got a healthy respect for athletes back then. Pre-steroids, pre-souped-up-equipment...all cajones and skill. I'll never be that good
    Actually CT - we could have been steroidal and just didn't know it. Our "soup up" came from the high we got from the sport, and our cajones were normally too frozen to have an effect!!

Snow in the mountains...
    Paul, you wanted some pictures of the white fluffy stuff. Here you go. I hope you all enjoy them.

This first picture shows the depth of the snow.

Believe it or not, there are two cars in this picture.

Quiet ole mountain road after a little snow.

The final total I heard for the area I live in was 29". This all accumulated in a little over 12 hours.

Donuts - now you know what the "snow" thing is that Alan speaks of.

CT or anyone else - If you ever make it to Colorado to ski or board, let me know. I would love to meet you for a day of fun in the fluffy stuff.
    Zach Hamilton
    AmeriTrustRx
    [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=9706]Signup Today![/URL]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Wow - Thanks for the pictures Zach. It's beautiful! Looks like a huge shiver but it sure is gorgeous.

Enjoy it!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach@AmeriTrustRx
    CT or anyone else - If you ever make it to Colorado to ski or board, let me know. I would love to meet you for a day of fun in the fluffy stuff.
    have surfed in the ocean all my life, never been snowboarding - think it might be fun, with harder falls...

seeing Alan soon and I'll chat with him about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach@AmeriTrustRx
    Paul, you wanted some pictures of the white fluffy stuff. Here you go. I hope you all enjoy them.
    Thanks Zach - I really do appreciate that - I turn instantly into a little kid when I see snow, I used to think this was normal until I realised somewhat incredulously that not eveyone feels the same way.

I love the way it turns the world upside down and makes eveything so pure, clean and shiny, brand new again if only for a short while. I also like the lack of friction and ensuing fun and the vast increase in underwater visibility.

I like snow - and winter - and ice.

RE: Snow in the mountains...
    Rex - You are welcome. I always enjoy the snow. It is such a beautiful site. Snow on the trees, cars, roads...

D-man - As I have never surfed, I could not say if the falls are harder. However, if you are out boarding on a nice day, the falls all seem so soft.
    Zach Hamilton
    AmeriTrustRx
    [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=9706]Signup Today![/URL]

Zach goes over 50!!! Woo Hoo
    Just noticed that my son is over 50 posts here! Congratulations Zach Pak!!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Zach you have a long way to go to catch up to your padre.

We have cold and rain for 3 days here. The sun made a cameo about 20 minutes ago...YIPPEE!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    have surfed in the ocean all my life, never been snowboarding - think it might be fun, with harder falls...seeing Alan soon and I'll chat with him about it...
    Yes, for sure! I surfed S. Cal in the 60's and early 70's. Malibu, SM, Carmel, La Jolla...Of course the 10' board was a little slow - but so was I

We'll definitely chat soon. Snow is exactly like ocean water Donuts - only a lot different??

Look forward to our visit.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread