Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Anyone in Santa Monica?
    Hello team,

I'll be stopping in Santa Monica, CA for a few days and wanted to see if anyone was from there, wanted to hook up for drinks one day. I will arrive on Wednesday, Nov 1st and leave to Vegas on Friday, Nov 3rd.

I'm attending the American Film Market conference that's in town for a movie release i'm involved with ....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Andy....what a coincidence... Have fun in Vegas.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Andy....what a coincidence... Have fun in Vegas.
    Yup, going to mingle with some good friends there, see a show and fly back on Monday...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Yup, going to mingle with some good friends there, see a show and fly back on Monday...
    Santa Monica is sooo beautiful. Make sure to go to the pier, it's amazing and you have an awesome view of beach and mountains.

http and a telephoto
    I love the pier, would love to know more about the movie release!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

...attending the American Film Market conference that's in town for a movie release i'm involved with...
    Drama? Thriller? Action?

I'm intrigued, man...

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Drama? Thriller?...
    Is "Parasite Terminator" the name of it?!

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    Santa Monica is sooo beautiful. Make sure to go to the pier, it's amazing and you have an awesome view of beach and mountains.
    Conference is at the Loews, across the street from the pier...

Here is the movie trailer, that we are going to be screening at AFM

You need to have the latest Quicktime, 7.1.3 to hear the audio. can get it here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Love Santa Monica - used to hang out there in the day!! The pier is a must and the food is fantastic!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager
    Andy, I'm in downtown LA. It'd be great to see you if possible. Gimme a ring...
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    Andy, I'm in downtown LA. It'd be great to see you if possible. Gimme a ring...
    Richard, it would be my pleasure buddy. Finally I'll get to meet the legend ...

http and a telephoto
    I could hear the audio, but not see the video, rats....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hello team,

I'll be stopping in Santa Monica, CA for a few days and wanted to see if anyone was from there, wanted to hook up for drinks one day. I will arrive on Wednesday, Nov 1st and leave to Vegas on Friday, Nov 3rd.

I'm attending the American Film Market conference that's in town for a movie release i'm involved with ....
    Andy, the AFM is fun - you'll love it. LOTS of running around the hotel, however. Wear comfortable shoes. :-) I used to work in film distribution ... did the AFM 4 years in a row.

I'm not in Santa Monica but I'm in the Los Angeles area. I think you'll be way too busy to have drinks but if I end up at the AFM, I'll PM you and for sure we can have a drink by the pool :-) Otherwise, see you in Vegas.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

OOoooooooo - Trailer looks great Andy! Good luck. It'll do well at the market. Believe me, the films presented there are usually really bad B titles and even those sell. This looks like a class A film.

Don't know about the title though. Tumbre??? I'm sure it has relevance but ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

WOW!!! That's all I can say!!!
    KK

ABW Ambassador
    Geno:
    Drama? Thriller? Action?

I'm intrigued, man...
    It's a private, secret meeting in the back alley behind the bar, Geno. Like the Bolsheviks used to do back in the 30's, only they did it behind bookstores. That's how an aunt and uncle of mine met - at one of those secret meetings. Their kids now live in Berkeley, believe it or not.

Rexanne:
    Otherwise, see you in Vegas.
    Hush Rexanne, you are not supposed to reveal anything about the secret cell meeting behind the bar beyond using the special secret code pinky handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Geno:

Rexanne:
    Hush Rexanne, you are not supposed to reveal anything about the secret cell meeting behind the bar beyond using the special secret code pinky handshake.
    Duh - I'm not bright enough to wear the pinky ring.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Duh - I'm not bright enough to wear the pinky ring.
    OK then, to make it plainer and clearer: Santa Monica is one thing, which is fine for those willing to venture south of Ventura Blvd. (which I haven't done for over 6 years... LOL)...

but the Las Vegas gig is private and INVITE ONLY and even though some know about it and would or would not attend anyway regardless, being private and invite only makes it totally not cool to publicly make references to it, as a matter of proper courtesy and etiquette.

ABW Ambassador
    Incidentally, to draw an equivalent parallel in another vertical, that's why SEO Roadshow is no longer discussed or announced or even mentioned in SEO forums before the fact - because it's an invite only event (albeit black hat SEO only, which is irrelevant, though interesting), and keeping mum avoids misunderstandings and the possibility of offense being taken, if you get the drift.

Not that there's any implication that the Vegas gig is black hat of any sort, but we have to understand that sideways winks and veiled, cryptic whispers regarding exclusionary venues can and do tend to arouse a degree of righteous fervor, pique curiosity among the uninformed, and diminish, to some undetermined level, the degree of trust as well.

Mind you, this is just a casual observation, FWIW.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    ARC is coming to Vegas?

That explains why I saw this on my way home last night:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by loxly; October 27th, 2006 at 11:43 AM. Reason: put the pic in the display so it doesn't need to be clicked :)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    ARC is coming to Vegas?

That explains why I saw this on my way home last night:
    BK, you are too much man..... thanks for the laughs this morning..

22. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread