ABW Ambassador
    Adam Ward mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I'd start a new one.

WebMasterWorld - those geeks of the SEO world - are organising a second PubConference in London for Oct. It's mainly SEO networking stuff, but there's gonna be some affiliate marketing types there too, plus Overture, Fast, Inktomi and the usual suspects.

So who else is going ? It's only $69/45 quid (free bar and food).

Link: www.webmasterworld.com

I'm going!

ABW Ambassador
    >It's mainly SEO networking stuff

There is not a lot of SEO talk.
    Ya the SEs are there to answer questions.
    That stuff is covered at WmW on a daily basis.

Internet Marketing & Affiliate Marketing is where the networking takes place.

Most sell STUFF now and are looking to find people they can trust to give them the real scoop on OTHER STUFF to sell.

One can build a strong relationship with his/her www competitors.

imho
    http://www.pubconference.com

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Adam Ward ]

Who cares about the SEO stuff? There's nothing like a good British bitter ale, IMHO.

I'm going! I went to the BarConference in Irvine earlier this year. There were several people there heavily into affiliate stuff. It was eye opening and of immense value. I can't recommend it too highly.

I met J-W there (Hi Jeff), finally got started on his stuff about three months ago and its growing rapidly. This was all aside from the valuable insights into SEO and other weighty matters.

Lastly, there's nothing that can compare with getting together with folks who can understand what you're talking about. I mean, face it, you can't possibly expect ordinary mortals to understand what we do. You need someone to talk to. This BBS experience only goes so far. You won't get flamed there either.

ABW Ambassador
    I have to admire the dedication of people who are coming all the way from Atlanta and San Francisco just to go to the pub. That's dedication above and beyond the call of duty in my book.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Who cares about the SEO stuff? There's nothing like a good British bitter ale, IMHO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean you'll be there then, Webmistress ? Would love to meet you if you are.

Sorry, I don't w*rk on Saturdays. Totally and completely family day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Have to admit that my favorite "vacation" is in Britain. To have been able to combine it with business could have been tempting.

Of course, the real aim for me would have been to taste every type of ale the pub produces [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Oh, and listen up for you Lankies in the room :cool: .

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread