Hey, how come Donuts is not a mod here, huh?
    I want answers!

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe it's because he's so smart.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    doesn't like to be one

nothing wrong with mods or what but he like to be him/herself and say whatever he think is right..imho

freedom of express huh!

Someone filled the hole so now he's a Roll
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Electropulse

Fringe benefits were less than he asked for. His request for access to the beach condo in Skagway was denied...........
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Donuts - Man or Myth??
    I've never given a thought to who is a moderator and who is not. But upon reading this thread it provoked some thoughts on possible reasons that Donuts is not a moderator......

Maybe the pay was not enough?

Maybe he WAS at some point - BUT he kept removing every thread except his own - Haiko thought the board needed more diversity, and they could not come to an amicable agreement, and so he relinquished his post?

Perhaps he was a hall monitor in elementary school and the experience scarred him for life - so he wants to avoid reliving those memories?

Maybe his work and fishing schedule does not allow him ample time. Being a perfectionist, he would not want to be a mod unless he could devote the kind of time and effort it would take to provide a top notch quality service to his cyber brethren?

Maybe love and compassion toward his fellow man inhibits him from potentially hurting anothers feelings by removing or altering their posts?

Perhaps his faith inhibits it: "blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth"? or "let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

He does not want to draw attention to himself because he is a humble man?

Maybe it requires union membership and he would have to give up a portion of his sales as dues?

Family pressure to balance business with family time?

Perhaps he is introverted, or perhaps he lacks the inner confidence such a responsibility requires.

Maybe he never learned how to remove or modify posts?

An Oliver Stone - theory..... Maybe Donuts is actually Haiko? And by the way, where WAS Donuts on November 22, 1963?

Does he actually speak english, or are his posts handled by an interpreter and the delay in extrapolation would not serve a mod well?

Is he actually a real person or is he Poopie Nubert under an assumed alias?

OR - save us all if this is true - but perhaps he doesn't want to be a moderator?

With midterm elections just around the corner, perhaps this would be a great time to run a last minute campaign to draft DNuts as a write-in candidate. Besides, it's about time that we had an idea of where the mods stand on the issues.

O.K., now that I am awake, and the mind has had a little time to exercise itself, here's my real take on it. Mind you this is just MPO - so I don't want to see some self righteous mod altering my post or accusing me of promoting my own agenda for capitalistic gain.

He Doesn't want to be a moderator. He wants to be loved for who he is, not WHAT he is or what position he holds on the board. Sure - if he wanted to be a moderator, he could and for my two cents worth - he'd do a darned good job of it.

But Donuts is a man with simple values. (Again IMHO) A man with boundless energies and deep wisdom who disdains acknowledgment or disingenuous praise. He measures his sense of inner value and worth by the knowledge he shares with others, not the number of lip prints on his derierre.

(theme from hail to the chief in the background)

He lives life on his own terms, and he does not place himself up for ridicule or judgment by others. His humble character and admiration of his fellow man is epitomized by his popeye-like Avatar in which he humbly offers a gesture that reflects so sensitively - his inner zen.

** man - I gotta find something to do with my time and I gotta stop drinking Red Bull first thing in the morning.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - - - - -
    An Oliver Stone - theory..... Maybe Donuts is actually Haiko? And by the way, where WAS Donuts on November 22, 1963?
    - - - - - - - -

AHA!!!!!!!! THE TRUTH SHALL BE REVEALED!!!

Maybe, I'm the only other person here, and Haiko has 40,000 aliases? You know, that could be a movie...........
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Alan, where do you find the time to come up with this stuff?

Maybe I am really Donuts and as a moderator came up with his alias...

(I love conspiracy theories)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Ok mods, this need to be moved to Daily Chuckles
    ...thank to Alan

Maybe Donuts is actually Haiko? And by the way, where WAS Donuts on November 22, 1963?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    Alan, where do you find the time to come up with this stuff?
    Michael, not unlike Donuts, I too am a man with deep inner spirituality and boundless wisdom. I too have an inner voice that cries out in the darkness to be heard without the need or desire to use my voice for personal gain. For that reason, my spiritual being is in touch with what I believe is the Zen that is Donuts.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ( Elbow Creek looks over and says, "Bartender, I want whatever Alan's been drinking." )
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    You guys crack me up! Funny posts here.

Alan - loved the red bull thang, cracked me up hard!

ElbowC - "Maybe, I'm the only other person here, and Haiko has 40,000 aliases?", that's really funny, hilarious!

Without even needing to discuss it among the current Moderators, Haiko, myself and the community, I'm very certain that we'd all conclude that I'm much better as a member and poster than as a moderator.

And there's no need - we've already got great mods here, from a nice set of wide backgrounds and opinions and I can't think of a single one that isn't deserving of the position.

"where WAS Donuts on November 22, 1963?"
    Haiko and I often travel through time together, so I need more specifics about which of our visits to that date you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    "where WAS Donuts on November 22, 1963?"
    Haiko and I often travel through time together, so I need more specifics about which of our visits to that date you're referring to.
    Dallas - in particular the vicinity of the book depository? And who is this "Haiko" person you refer to? LOL

Thanks for everything you share here D. You are a great member and a helpful source of information.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    ( Elbow Creek looks over and says, "Bartender, I want whatever Alan's been drinking." )
    I don't think it's *just* Red Bull..... (j/k Alan!)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I could point out that according to the Many Worlds theory, Donuts is a moderator here. But I'll forgo that discussion.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I don't think it's *just* Red Bull..... (j/k Alan!)
    Actually I just woke up supercharged today. After a big day of plowing and prepping after the snow, I realized that it is Friday, and that Friday our office is closed. So up I got - to ABW I went, and a funny bone mood came over me when I saw the "Donuts for Moderator" campaign!!

It's a beautiful day up here today. Just got back from a great Viet Namese lunch with my wife and now I am getting ready to relax and just enjoy visiting with wifey and not thinking about business.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Without even needing to discuss it among the current Moderators, Haiko, myself and the community, I'm very certain that we'd all conclude that I'm much better as a member and poster than as a moderator.
    That's a great point. I would much rather see Donuts as a member than a moderator.

With myself, I've found that I'm a little more reserved about what I say now that I'm a moderator. If I said something off color, argumentative, or sarcastic before, it only reflected on me. Now, as a moderator, what I say could reflect poorly on ABW or be taken as "official" when it isn't. As a result, I find myself thinking about what I say a little more before I say it, and as a result posting less.

Just based on that, I wouldn't want to see Donuts pulling any punches, so I'd rather see him as "just a member".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    So how many dimensions of space-time do you believe there are, Noth?

Hawking says there are 17 but I think it's suspicious that he chose a prime number. Physics is such a crack-up.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey Donuts ... no way can they muzzle us with a PC moderator tag and make us think twice about what we know has to be said. I doubt if you ever wondered about what you had to say last week, last month, or last year. Ya just tell it like it is...

I pity the poor moderators having to read ALL the posts here with a magic marker in hand. The only time I pause when posting here is to change the foot in my mouth. I don't even take time to edit my own posts. Meanwhile Donuts must have bought a few rounds at some affiliate events to win such accolades.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    donuts is not a moderator because ... he's nuts!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread