ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Merchants that make our job Difficult
    Sometimes it makes this job so difficult when these lousy merchants make our job so difficult as we spend so much time trying to contact them and I personally feel exhausted from all this negativeness that they throw at us affiliates since they won't communicate with us and I really think this forum should have a sticky thread where affiliates can list the really bad merchants who refuse to open communication channels with affiliates.

I have contacted this merchant about 6 times with emails sent over 2 - 3 weeks. I even went to their website and sent emails to other departments and I have not had one reply back at all and some even got retured as they have invalid email accounts?

Here is a copy of the welcome email I got (notice they even asked me to contact them, what a joke!)

Ana Cardenas wrote:

Hello ....,

I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that if there is ever anything else you need – additional creatives, text ads, keywords, exclusive coupons, etc., anything that you think would work well for your site, please just let me know and I will make every effort to get you whatever it is that you need to make Cellular-Blowout a success for you!

I look forward to working with you.

Best!

Ana Cardenas

V.P. Business Development & Marketing

Wildcat Communications

Cellular-Blowout.com
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I think these guys got deactivated today...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    yeah it looks like it, well maybe it was good I never spent anytime on them in that case.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Unless I see the AM here (and know it's being managed properly), I always sign up and write to see if I receive a response. Depending on how strongly I feel about the product (and whether or not it will convert), I may either stay or drop.

Yes, it is amazing how many vendors put out an "open for biz" sign but don't have a clue how to communicate in business. But then again, I've received incredibly detailed letters from AMs who went the extra mile to help. There are a lot of good guys/gals out there. But if you're dealing with certain types of products (ringtones, cell phones, computers--low margin electronics), I can imagine that those types of sectors can attract the GRQ crowd (who exist on both sides of the fence).
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah I think it's a good idea to inspect them like you say and see how well managed their program is before too much effort goes into this. The problem is this merchant offered the cell phone products I'm after for my site and no one else does on CJ which is a shame. Their seems to be a huge problem to find any half decent merchants who offer cell phones to affiliates for the USA. I have another thread here in CJ forum which is also about a cell phone merchant not communicating, the funny thing is that is what the cell phone business is all about "COMMUNICATIONS" - what a joke!

If a merchant that has the capability could setup a proper cell phone affiliate program for USA customers and could manage it properly then they would fill a huge gap as I have tried every where to find one and from the many hours I have spent trying they don't exist at all. I have several websites that could sell hundreds of cell phones monthly but I can't find any merchants that want to communicate or get this happening and the few I have found don't have the correct tools in place or offer the right products unfortunately.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Wink Looking for Ringtones Offers?!
    Hi!

Just to let you know that on zanox Network, we do offer a rocking Ringtone Program: Celldorado US

I just posted a thread yesterdy about it. It has started in Netherlands then expanded to Belgium, UK, Switzderland, Ireland, Australia and was soo successful that is has now launched in the US!!

The pay-out is

Default - $7.50
    Premium - $8.50

But for the first month every affiliate will be on a Premium commission model

As an Affiliate Coordinator I would be the link between you and the Merchant so you would't have to deal with the communication issues!!

Let me know what you think and if you have other category and/or sales region you would be interested in

Happy Holidays
    Warm Regards
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]
    [B]Leila Salamat [/B]
    Affiliate Manager zanox Hispania
    Spain, Portugal, Latin America[/COLOR]

[U]email: lsa@zanox.com [/U]

ABW Ambassador
    Please don't open old UNRELEATED threads to market/spam your own products. what has ringtones got to do with selling cell phones? very little in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Please don't open old UNRELEATED threads to market/spam your own products. what has ringtones got to do with selling cell phones? very little in fact!
    Perhaps it's relevant to "Merchants who make our job difficult" - by irrelevant spamming...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Free or paid Ringtone pushers are privacy information peddlers. They sell nothing tangable except what's filled into the Ringtone download application form. Want to find out those in our industry with no morals or ethics .... just Google "Free ringtones"

Adwhore and privacy peddling outfits link Blinko.com (azoogleads) make it look like they are authorized by all the cellphone companies (logos) but just are phishing cellphone #s and addresses & credit cards for spamming operations. Fraud to push the actual free ringtones (offered by Sprint & others) for 9.95 per month forced upon everyone duped by their affiliates into this con-game.

Great text message your sending your shoppers for the infestation/spam fee... GOTTCHA SUCKER. If I was the FBI and Homeland Security I'd follow the money trail for all the large Rington & Screensaver operators.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I agree totally, I really don't trust most of the merchants that offer ringtones, their websites have that SPYWare feel (whatever that is), they don't give correct stats. I'm mainly talking about MediaPlaza. I recently checked my stats and I had a measly amount less than $10 I made last year before I stopped and moved my site to laiwa and straight away I made about 10 times more using their service but funny enough i had the same amount of visitors that I sent to Media Plaza. But I recently changed hosting companies for those sites and had some problems running the Laiwa remote scripts so I temporary reverted the site back to using MediaPlaza just so my sites still had some sort of content at least until I could find time to setup hosting again for the Laiwa scripts.. anyway getting to the POINT here... I noticed recently that I was not getting any sales going into Media plaza (which didn't surprise me at all) even though I have 2 reasonably busy ring tone sites sending them lots of targeted traffic.. well I can't do much since they track independently and there is no way I can prove they are defrauding me I guess so I thought I will just put up with the scam until I get the hosting which I'm going to organize in the next few days.... Then I now notice that the $7 I had earned last year from MP had disappeared out of my account so I sent them an email... I won't repeat it here as I was furious .. ah what the heck I might as well post it the core of it..

Where is the rest of the money that has been taken out of my account?

I know that you are not showing the money I'm making and this is fraud so I will close all my sites that use your service shortly and will file complaints with the BBB and let everyone on the Internet & in the industry know about your fraudulent practices. Your company is corrupt and you are all a pack of #$%%^ but to actually steal the small commissions I had in my account is totally unacceptable.
    etc etc...

I then got a reply back today:

Dear Partner,

Thanks for contacting Mediaplazza technical support; your information has been received. Please find here under our response:

As stipulated in our general affiliation conditions (available on mediaplazza.com):

1. Only Downloads done over the 12 (twelve) months preceding the issuance date of the AFFILIATE's invoice may be the subject of an invoice and a payment by MEDIAPLAZZA

2. The issuance of this invoice shall only be possible from the moment that the amount of Downloads done has reached 100 (one hundred) euros or the equivalent sum in American dollars.

However, we will study carefully your case and we will inform you within 8 days about a possible and exceptional positive decision of restoring your bank account.

We remain yours,

Mediaplazza Customer Support Team
    SO if you do business with these scammers just realize they will take your earning from you and not just what you actually made but much more that you don't even know about....

If anyone knows of any half decent Ringtone merchants that offer a full website or updated datafeed then let us know please...

ABW Ambassador
    email: lsa@zanox.com
    IM: salamatleila@hotmail.com
    All EVENTS/meeting reservation: http://www.zanox.com
    there is no way would I ever do business with any merchant who has a hotmail account

15 years and counting
    Free ringtones is one of the most dangerous keywords to search on SEs
    From SiteAdvisor: http://www.siteadvisor.com/studies/s...safety_dec2006
    Individual Keyword Analysis
    In our tests, the single most dangerous keyword across all search engines is "bearshare" where 53.3% of search results are rated red or yellow. Bearshare is a free file sharing program that, in our tests, bundled adware during its installation. "Bearshare" is also a risky keyword because many sites charge users to access this free program. The percentage of red and yellow search results peaked at 90.9% in a search for "rotten.com" on MSN.
    The top ten most dangerous search terms:

Search Term % Red/Yellow Results
    1bearshare53.3%
    2rotten.com53.1%
    3free screensavers53.0%
    4winmx52.0%
    5screensavers48.2%
    6limewire46.2%
    7kazaa45.8%
    8free ringtones44.3%
    9ringtones43.8%
    10lime wire42.7%

Affiliate Network Rep
    Red face Ok ok, I surrender!
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    there is no way would I ever do business with any merchant who has a hotmail account

Hi everyone!

I can see everyone loved my thread! I am happy to see that it has, at least, created interesting reaction!

Just FYI: we are a german-based company, we have been around for more than 6 years, have branches all over the world (especially in Europe), we are not a merchant, we are basically a global affiliate network and act as a platform between Merchants and Affiliates.

We do pay our Affiliates monthly as we ask our Merchants to pay a deposit to avoid delayed payment.

Then, I have to admit, Glinted you've got a point, although hotmail is only my msn IM account; Feel free to email me at lsa@zanox.com, if you feel more comfortable
    Of course, I do understand your fear after the experience you had with MediaPlaza.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday!
    Warm Regards
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]
    [B]Leila Salamat [/B]

I can see everyone loved my thread! I am happy to see that it has, at least, created interesting reaction!
    Actually this was someone elses thread on an unrelated topic.
    Just FYI: we are a german-based company, we have been around for more than 6 years, have branches all over the world (especially in Europe), we are not a merchant, we are basically a global affiliate network and act as a platform between Merchants and Affiliates.

We do pay our Affiliates monthly as we ask our Merchants to pay a deposit to avoid delayed payment.
    Unrelated to the topic = basically unpaid advertising which = SPAM
    At the very least it's rude.
    And trust me, I know rude.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Actually this was someone elses thread on an unrelated topic.

Unrelated to the topic = basically unpaid advertising which = SPAM
    At the very least it's rude.
    And trust me, I know rude.
    Zanox have their own forum at ABW and they are an OK network.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=365
    I work with them for European programs and one of their sister company First Coffee Network and trust me, they are tough on parasites and other related problems.

That said. I don't understand why they are promoting ringtones. I don't want to know who they are promoting, could be a good company but this kind of programs just brings the wrong crowd. You don't want to be involved with that crap.

popdawg, we're seeing OPM and merchants posting in other merchants or affiliates threads all the time, she can do that too. (Would be better to forget ringtones)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Zanox have their own forum at ABW and they are an OK network.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=365
    I work with them for European programs and one of their sister company First Coffee Network and trust me, they are tough on parasites and other related problems.

That said. I don't understand why they are promoting ringtones. I don't want to know who they are promoting, could be a good company but this kind of programs just brings the wrong crowd. You don't want to be involved with that crap.

popdawg, we're seeing OPM and merchants posting in other merchants or affiliates threads all the time, she can do that too. (Would be better to forget ringtones)
    Yeah, I did take a look and see the forum after I posted ... another reason to check first then post. I have had no caffein today, although that's no excuse. Just my own little hell.

Sorry for the unpaid advertising equaling SPAM bit, Leila. I should have checked more before commenting.
    I did say I know rude though, didn't I?
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Yeah, I did take a look and see the forum after I posted ... another reason to check first then post. I have had no caffein today, although that's no excuse. Just my own little hell.

Sorry for the unpaid advertising equaling SPAM bit, Leila. I should have checked more before commenting.
    I did say I know rude though, didn't I?
    We're a tough crowd to deal with at ABW.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thank you Zeus for your support!

And Popdawg, don't worry, at least you got to hear and read about us
    Warm Regards
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]
    [B]Leila Salamat [/B]

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread