EcomWorks Checks all bounced!
    I just got back 5 checks from Ecomworks...That is $100 in fees.
    This happens at least once a year. Time to drop their merchants til the merchants get dependable representation!

Does that include Hilo Hattie? Sorry to hear it happened to you

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Connie. Seems I dissed them years ago over lack of payments and other issues. Pulled and haven't put a link up for their merchants since. I see their front page is an automatic turn off FLASH + Super Affiliate Hype is enough for me... http://www.ecomworks.com/
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I think they made good on the checks and fees in the past, but it's still a pain.

I can't remember the last time I got a check from them, though. I think the only programs I work with them on are LinkShare ones where they pay through LinkShare.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Check their affiliations, their technology partners and sites they're proud to be working with. Ebates, Upromise, etc. - who did they miss?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Check their affiliations, their technology partners and sites they're proud to be working with. Ebates, Upromise, etc. - who did they miss?
    ahh..
    igive.com

ABW Ambassador
    can't you get consolidated payments, I just use that option so LS then take care of getting the checks as far as I know?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

15 years and counting
    I had one check returned this week, Ecomworks... with DEPOSITED ITEM RETURNED FEE $10.00
    It's a LinkShare merchant. I had so many problems with Ecomworks during the time they were handling cooking.com.

What is more ridiculous... I had 3 checks bounce, then they reimbursed my fees and check amounts with a new check... guess what, IT BOUNCED TOO.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by TI Master
    What is more ridiculous... I had 3 checks bounce, then they reimbursed my fees and check amounts with a new check... guess what, IT BOUNCED TOO.
    That's hilarious, I'm sorry. Unbelievable

Yeah the total amount for the 3 original checks combined was under $100. Then I had a 4th check bounce the other day, followed by the first reimbursement check bouncing.

Thankfully my bank only charges me $3.25 per bounced check.

I believe I have had about 4 bounce over the past couple of years. Yes they do make good but it is a pain. I put my checks in late this week so I am guessing I will see a bounce or two, ugh! My bank charges me $25 per bounced check, ugh!

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    can't you get consolidated payments, I just use that option so LS then take care of getting the checks as far as I know?
    I do have consolidated payments. Not all merchants participate.

Anyone know any way to contact them? They're not returning my calls for the past week. Anyone else get replacement checks? I got one, which bounced, and have been unable to reach them since then. The number on their site goes to voicemail.

Am starting to wonder if its a more serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    I believe I have had about 4 bounce over the past couple of years. Yes they do make good but it is a pain. I put my checks in late this week so I am guessing I will see a bounce or two, ugh! My bank charges me $25 per bounced check, ugh!
    Not to thread crap or anything like that.. Why in the world are you still promoting or using them? They should have direct deposit. And bouce check? Are they going under anytime soon???

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Did anybody ever hear back from them? I just had their check returned. Luckily my bank only charges $2.50/bounced check.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

I did finally, but I still have yet to get a valid replacement check for my 5 bounces.

I had contacted them a while back about 5 bounced checks. They said they would send replacements but never did. No reply to any of my emails since.

That's a real shame. Doesn't sound like they care much about their credibility. Back in my affiliate days, I only dealt with them for cooking.com and didn't have any problems but that was years ago.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    I only dealt with them for cooking.com and didn't have any problems but that was years ago.
    Likewise here and I never got my $17 back when the program went to CJ
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

I got the newest replacement check for my previous bounced ones a few days ago. We'll see if this one is also made of rubber. Note that I had to do some nagging to get them to do it.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I do have to wonder if the merchants who are paying them are aware that they are not paying their affiliate partners? Perhaps contacting the merchants direct and asking them what is going on would result in a swift kick in the right direction to ensure payments are being dealt with in a professional manner.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    I do have to wonder if the merchants who are paying them are aware that they are not paying their affiliate partners? Perhaps contacting the merchants direct and asking them what is going on would result in a swift kick in the right direction to ensure payments are being dealt with in a professional manner. Cheers
    Chris
    I tried to do that with one of their merchants. Appetizers to go. Could not find ONE email for the merchant. Even the WHOIS information for Appetizers to go is wrong.
    By the way, I'm still waiting for a replacement check.

Maybe a Linkshare acct manager can shed some light on this

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread