Suspicious sales...
    Yesterday I got my first sale from a merchant on Commission Junction that I joined in August. It was small, about $35. This morning, there was another small sale for $12, so I checked the details and the click date was the same, so I assumed it was a repeat customer. Mid day, a larger sale came in, around $240... same click date. Then I got a huge order of $630. You guessed it, same person. So by then I was really starting to get suspicious. I emailed the AM with my suspicions and asked him to look into it because I'm thinkin' it's credit card fraud. Since then, two more small sales for $20-30 and another one for around $650. I am soooo hoping it's just a person with deep pockets going on a spending spree or doing their Christmas shopping early, but I'm totally prepared to see those commissions go bye-bye. I haven't heard back yet from the AM and I'm assuming he's gone for the weekend.

I'm assuming this activity would raise red flags for the rest of you, correct?

I keep envisioning those Citibank commercials with the voiceovers that don't fit the real account holders. Ack!

Anybody else have any advice on how to handle this? Have I done all that I can do? Do I just sit back and wait to hear back from the AM?
    Last edited by meadowmufn; October 27th, 2006 at 09:57 PM. Reason: clarified title
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I've had this happen to me once before. It turned out someone that worked for the merchant in their call center had visited my site and clicked on one of my links. This call center accepts orders, and every order that went the rep placed on that computer, I got creditted for. Needless to say, I let the merchant know and all of the commissions were reversed when they figuared out what happened.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

I heard back from the AM this morning. They ARE legitimate orders. *does a happy dance*

I hope there's more where that came from!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't have worried, your job is to just get the orders happening and you should be overwhelmed at such good sales. It's up to the merchant to put security measure in place and work out the legit & non legit orders. Anyway I'm glad to hear it worked out in the end.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread